List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcheski - DO NOT WANT. Too old. A 26 or 27 year old FA to put back in defense would acceptable. We want our age profile to be in the right place at the right time, recruiting 30,31 year olds in defense does nothing to help us.

Good point. Jenkins back the other way?
lol lets recruit ANOTHER 31 year old lololol XDDD!111

Malcheski - DO NOT WANT. Too old. A 26 or 27 year old FA to put back in defense would acceptable. We want our age profile to be in the right place at the right time, recruiting 30,31 year olds in defense does nothing to help us.

lol lets recruit ANOTHER 31 year old lololol XDDD!111

Casboult is 24... That said, despite the suggestions that he's improved his kicking, it's still shithouse, and looks like a complete crapshoot every time he lines up for goal.

Categorically? Interesting as I speak to several of last years recruits regularly and not one of them would agree with you. In fact all have expressed a reluctance to even approach him.
Ive heard the opposite in previous years. For mine its a moot point though, he doesnt have to do it but im sure he does. As was mentioned he has lived with Kedge and now Jake Kelly.

We have plenty of guys who cant kick in our best 22 already. As good a mark as Levi may be we have a few other areas of concern.

We have plenty of guys who cant kick in our best 22 already.

We absolutely, positively do not, and the shocking skills we've displayed all season should be an obvious testament to that.

Not to mention we have, and have had, forwards who can kick better than Casboult and still get lambasted on this board for their "s**t goal kicking".

It's not about whether or not this is the high point of his value - and it never has been. It's about the club identifying which players they think have a future and who they want forming the core of the team going forwards. Many people here seem to be critical of their ability and willingness to do this.

Personally, I can't question their willingness to do this. It's obvious from the way they offered long term contracts to the likes of Mackay & Talia that they do make these longer term plans about who they want in the team in the longer term. What is questionable is whether or not they're choosing the right players - but that question seems to get overlooked in the drama of people arguing the former.

My point is more that I hope he continues to improve rather than returning to type as several other players have after career years eg Douglas, Otten, Hendo.

I'm going to guess there is a good chance he has been mentioned somewhere in the 208 pages of this thread,

But does anyone know much about Keegan Brooksby from South Adelaide.

Would he make a decent backup Ruckman?

24 yr old. 197 cm.

He goes out of his way to welcome new recruits? Oh that must be experienced guys only, because he doesn't even speak to new draftees.

It takes two to "tango", maybe the new recruits need to do their bit to set up communication. I bet Rory Sloane would have!!

What if you could get Frawley for $525k?

We absolutely, positively do not, and the shocking skills we've displayed all season should be an obvious testament to that.

Not to mention we have, and have had, forwards who can kick better than Casboult and still get lambasted on this board for their "s**t goal kicking".

You do realise the post you've quoted states we already have enough players in our best 22 who can't kick, right?

What if you could get Frawley for $525k?

I'd be happy paying him that. I tend to agree with Matthews though, he's a good defender, but he's far from great, and certainly not worth $700k a year. He fills a need with Rutten going, but what we really lack is a Bock type, who can take the big guys, run off of them, and create offensive drive through the middle with good disposal. Frawley is not that guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think lever will go not only top 10 but top 7. we dont have a chance for him unfortunately IMO. but if he dropped it would be a dream come true. if not him i want ahern. one of the two better be available at our pick! ahern is exactly what our midfield needs. a winger with pace and good kick who can get his own ball and runs both ways. not just a lazy frontrunner. would demote mackay to the bench!

i think lever will go not only top 10 but top 7. we dont have a chance for him unfortunately IMO. but if he dropped it would be a dream come true. if not him i want ahern. one of the two better be available at our pick! ahern is exactly what our midfield needs. a winger with pace and good kick who can get his own ball and runs both ways. not just a lazy frontrunner. would demote mackay to the bench!

Yep, agreed. The other top talents have been pretty mediocre all year and as such Lever by sheer virtue of not being s**t is rising. I would definitely be partial to trading up to secure him, though. Do not like the prospect of us picking Marchbank one bit.

You're overrating all those players IMO.
Pickett will go later than 3 (8-15)
Marchbank will go later than 5 unless it's GWS (10-20)
Lever/Durdin is possible at 10 one or both might even be gone.
Garlett and Menadue will probably both go a touch later too. Skippos would know better.

Bottom line is with those picks we could do even better than those collection of players, but I agree it's better when u put names to the picks.

Sorry, missed this, just saw reading back now.

Pickett will go between 5-12 I reckon. Probably 8-12. Can't see West Coast passing up on him unless they buck their recent drafting trend. Marchbank's still pretty volatile but I think we'd be the first to consider him at 10-11, potentially slipping to 20-22 but unlikely. Outisde chance Lever/Durdin slip but I think atm they'll go 3-7. Garlett's probably a 20-30 range but if someone wants some outside line breaking he could conceivably go earlier. Menadue's a very speculative pick and would require some serious balls to take him. Could go 15-20 if someone's feeling lucky but I'd say 30-45 is appropriate.

As long as we structure up appropriately, I'd love to see this more.

Would have to be better than the one and only current play. Not sure of the stats but my guess is the outcomes are boundary/ball-up 60%, opposition get it back 25%, we win the clearance 15%.

Did this analysis post Richmond game. They had 19 points.

We rebounded the ball and successfully had an inside 50 - 3 times - 15%
We turned it over and the ball went back inside our defensive 50 - 3 times - 15%
We kicked to a big contest and had a contested ball situation - 16 times - 70%

That is extremely poor considering that 85% of the time we don't retain possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back