Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
some interesting stuff, our man Chris Kaias representing again

Chris Kaias @ChrisKaias · 32m
Hird quotes Caroline Wilson's observations in his affidavit that it would be hard for him to return as coach if Show Cause notices issued

Chris Kaias @ChrisKaias · 28m
This is the wording of the famous 'deal'. I must say, it's more qualified than I was led to believe. pic.twitter.com/drnh80gkuz

Chris Kaias @ChrisKaias · 21m
Here are the Hird side effects that were redacted in the original charge sheet pic.twitter.com/2frALYGc84

View more photos and videos

Chris Kaias @ChrisKaias · 9m
Some interesting stuff in Aurora's notes pic.twitter.com/a9nl4ftt93

Chris Kaias @ChrisKaias · 30s
Aurora's notes: 'PM wants it to end' pic.twitter.com/AUFcftMeve

so going to be a few disappointed HTB posters who can't refer to Hird's 3 day boner any more :(
if the side effects to his use of sleep assisting drug were an unwanted tan and moles changing colour then the bullshit about vanity and erections has been pretty poor

wtf is Aurora doing taking notes on stress on key personnel and sponsorship? "few cracks starting to appear"

Fascinating insight anyway
Bird at work has a tendency to write everything spoken in meetings (she had half a page on my terrible golf game from the weekend at Monday's) and go back over and only type up stuff needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stuff on the deal is interesting. Suggests to me that some have jumped the gun in claiming that ASADA have reneged on any deal. My reading of it is that the dot points should almost be read in the opposite order. That is "When we issue SCN, in responding the players can make a claim to reduced/no penalty on the baiss of co-operation. We will favourably consider not opposing such an application should the relevant tribunal approach us for a view on whether we would support a reduction in penalty on the basis of cooperation."

Did EFC go on the attack too early with this court case?

Regards

S. Pete

Some very interesting issues in all of that.

1) Side effects on a drug that Hird took that was deemed safe. What about the ones they don't know about for the players. If i was a player reading this i'd be more worried now.

2) That's the deal that made the club think they were safe from punishment if upfront and honest?? If so how anyone could get 'we were promised no sanctions from that' is remarkable.

3) Possible comment from WADA (repeat possible) 'everyone asleep at the wheel' - Would show they are already interested in this.

4) 'Government wants it to end'. Everyone bagging Little (and rightly so), however not many involved that were / are not interested in an outcome at maybe the expense of process and truth. This includes the government, AFL and Essendon. Starting to feel ASADA the ones that wanted things to be investigated to find the truth and feeling the pressure to take short cuts from all angles.

The stuff on the deal is interesting. Suggests to me that some have jumped the gun in claiming that ASADA have reneged on any deal. My reading of it is that the dot points should almost be read in the opposite order. That is "When we issue SCN, in responding the players can make a claim to reduced/no penalty on the baiss of co-operation. We will favourably consider not opposing such an application should the relevant tribunal approach us for a view on whether we would support a reduction in penalty on the basis of cooperation."

Did EFC go on the attack too early with this court case?

Regards

S. Pete
Not if ASADA don't want to be campaigners.

so going to be a few disappointed HTB posters who can't refer to Hird's 3 day boner any more :(
Why did he want that removed? His skin reacted to an injection meant to cause a skin reaction? HOW EMBARRASMENT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back