AFL 2015, Round 2 - GWS v Melbourne, StarTrack Oval, 2.10pm (ACT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
premiershipseason.png

R2%20-%20GWSvMelb.png

Match Details
  • When and Where: Saturday, 2.10pm, Startrack Oval (Manuka Oval)
  • Stadium Event Information
  • Broadcast Information: 7mate (sydney), Foxtel (national)
  • Weather Forecast: Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the early morning. Light winds. Max 22.
Head to head
  • Played 6
  • GWS 3, Melbourne 3
Last 5 Times
  • R21, 2014, GWS 15.8 (98) d Melbourne 3.16 (34) at the MCG
  • R3, 2014, GWS 10.19 (79) d Melbourne 7.5 (47) at Spotless Stadium
  • R19, 2013, GWS 19.10 (124) d Melbourne 12.15 (87) at Spotless Stadium
  • R4, 2013, Melbourne 22.12 (144) d GWS 15.13 (103) at the MCG
  • R21, 2012, Melbourne 11.18 (84) d GWS 9.5 (59) at StarTrack Oval
Last time they met

Team Lineups

gwsvmelbr2.png

Melbourne's team on paper actually looks very, very decent and I think they had the better form last week of the two teams. I note that GWS won both games between these two teams comfortably at a minimum last year though and have now won 3 on the trot against Melbourne. Could see it going either way, but if GWS play well they will likely get the chocolates, being their home game and all.

I don't recall too many great games at Manuka oval - or whatever it is being called this minute. I'm not certain home ground will lend spectacular advantage to the home side.

Demons for two in a row - and cross fingers that the Melbourne fans don't die from the shock

Looking forward to this one.
Always good to watch footy at Manuka

Felt more confident about the game last week for some reason.
Still, think we'll just get up.

Don't get sucked in by Melbourne too much.

Giants to have a strong win.

Melbourne's team on paper actually looks very, very decent and I think they had the better form last week of the two teams. I note that GWS won both games between these two teams comfortably at a minimum last year though and have now won 3 on the trot against Melbourne. Could see it going either way, but if GWS play well they will likely get the chocolates, being their home game and all.
It's actually in Canberra which suits Melbourne a bit. Good summary though. I'm pretty pumped for this game, just hope we're not pitted with Dwayno, Derm and Tony Shaw in the commentary.

I nearly flew to Sydney to watch it when I saw we were playing giants away :p

The fixture said SO and I just assumed that was Spotless Oval or whatever.

You would of noticed by quarter time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this game being played in Canberra?
Because just like this time last year, and the year before that...and the year before that, Spotless Stadium isn't available due to the Easter Show.

Melbourne's team on paper actually looks very
Our only possible best 22 injuries are Trengove out for the season who has barely played the last year and a bit and Petracca also out for the season who hasn't played a game. So basically this is the best lineup Melbourne could basically get all year. So would want a decent performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back