Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Eagles v Giants Sun March 24th 6:50pm AEDT (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

• Eagles by 7 - 20

• GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind a coach celebrating a goal, but Adam Simpson hi-fiving coaches and celebrating like he won the game despite being 50 points down doesn’t sit right with me. Funny that others picked up on that too.
The signal it sends, is, low expectations.

Adam Simpson with that celebration is clearly not the guy. Can you imagine a Jeans, a Malhouse, Hafey or Alistair celebrating a goal like a 5 year old when you are 8 goals down? He's getting paid too much to be a cheerleader.
One thing I don’t get is why he is still their coach. Other coaches have been sacked for less, so I don’t know what is holding West Coast back. Does he have a lengthy contract that isn’t worth paying out or something?

One thing I don’t get is why he is still their coach. Other coaches have been sacked for less, so I don’t know what is holding West Coast back. Does he have a lengthy contract that isn’t worth paying out or something?
I don't know, it's a good question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt weird when the Weagles moved on so many of their premiership players at a relatively early age (Schoey, Jetta, Hutchings, Masten - sure I’m missing many more)

Yeah, they weren’t the most talented bunch but they were mature heads with plenty more to offer than their replacements.

They’ve been smashed with injuries too, I really feel for the Eagles and don’t think you can smash the players or Simpson. It’s way deeper than that.

How long do they tolerate mediocrity and failure
Well if you ve ever had the pleasure of hearing from their supporters in regards to this issue in years gone past they were (like seriously I’d say 80%) could never stop mentioning at every opportunity with regards to freo how “the reason freo aren’t /werent as successful as WC was because apparently their supporters didn’t accept mediocrity “

They honestly believed it.

So now reality has punched them square in the face you d think not much longer but who knows their list is in such a diabolical state I’m not sure they have many levers to pull other than to ride it out

Back