Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Port v Eagles Sun March 17th 4pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only in the second half when we’ve run out of legs. Very tight before that

You mean the first half where it was 19 scoring shots to 8? That period where it was very tight?

The whole game our goal kicking has been very poor.

This has all the marks of what should have been a 100pt win. A real missed opportunity for us and something we let slip often when we have these type of games. This game should have been a percentage booster.

38 scoring shots to 17. Massive difference.

Eagles did this many times last year they have good intentions and start well with good spirit ,then the simple fact they have inadequate players for this level and some older players who are past it they slip away to what ends up being a thrashing.
It will be the case until they run out of spirit and have a period of getting flogged from the first bounce for 7-10 games before rallying at the end of the season to come back to this level with spirited starts.

You mean the first half where it was 19 scoring shots to 8? That period where it was very tight?

The whole game our goal kicking has been very poor.

This has all the marks of what should have been a 100pt win. A real missed opportunity for us and something we let slip often when we have these type of games. This game should have been a percentage booster.

38 scoring shots to 17. Massive difference.
Did you see the original comment? I said you blokes have been piss poor today because you’ve been belted around the ball and are only dominant on the spread

Only in the second half when we’ve run out of legs. Very tight before that
Why have you run out of legs though? You have players like Kelly, Gaff, Yeo, McGovern, Cripps, Barrass, Hunt, Darling, Duggan and Allen out there, all experienced campaigners. Don't pretend to yourself its a team of boys up against men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid first game. Things mostly going to plan for the Eagles.
(I'm assuming the plan is getting another #1 draft pick)

Port's inaccuracy has made this a very flattering score but it's still a flogging.

Did you see the original comment? I said you blokes have been piss poor today because you’ve been belted around the ball and are only dominant on the spread
And on the scoreboard? The one stat that actually matters. Contested football means the sum total of Jack if you do nothing with it, as demonstrated by the fact we’ve missed 20+ shots on goal and are still winning by almost 10 goals

My first comment was that we should be 10 goals up, that was before we put on another 10 behinds.

You responded that you had also been inaccurate and that otherwise it had been close. Which is nonsense.

This should have been a 100 point loss.

Why have you run out of legs though? You have players like Kelly, Gaff, Yeo, McGovern, Cripps, Barrass, Hunt, Darling, Duggan and Allen out there, all experienced campaigners. Don't pretend to yourself its a team of boys up against men.
It’s a top 4 team vs a wooden spooner side with 80% 18 year olds. What do you expect to happen?

My first comment was that we should be 10 goals up, that was before we put on another 10 behinds.

You responded that you had also been inaccurate and that otherwise it had been close. Which is nonsense.

This should have been a 100 point loss.
It wasn’t far off being a 4 goal margin at the end of the third mate.

Back