Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Demons v Dogs Sun March 17th 1pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all the coaching mistakes Luke Beveridge has made (and there's plenty), Naughton not playing down back is by far the worst for mine. Potentially the best defender in the competition (4th bnf playing there in his first season) and you've got him rotting away playing second fiddle in the forward line. He has no forward craft outside of being able to take pack marks. Meanwhile their backline is a mess. Curious to hear Dogs supporters thoughts on this.
💯 I've thought this for years!

Someone needs to do a PhD on why the Bulldogs are s***.

Can't believe how poor they have been over the last few years.
Their soul was utterly destroyed by Melbourne in 40 minutes, 100-7. Haven't been the same since.

Honestly the Dogs rolling over- again- is pretty disgusting. They love being our plaything and it’s very cute but also show some spine you week campaigners.

Strange to think the Dogs made a granny in 21, get gifted two top prospects in JUH and Darcy, and turn their giraffe into an AA ruckman and end up being a middle of the road side.

Bevo’s last season imo.
You could have written exactly the same thing 12 months ago (minus English somehow making AA 6 months later). I look forward to Bevo leading the boys into another traditional round 1 capitulation in 2025 because why change anything? :muscle:

Never quite get this. A lot of players are friends. Do they have to be angry and rude after a loss just cos it’s a loss?
They don't have to be all luvvy duvvy after a hard fought game where the passionate supporters of one team are feeling it badly. Shake hands, say well done and get off the field.

Honestly the Dogs rolling over- again- is pretty disgusting. They love being our plaything and it’s very cute but also show some spine you week campaigners.

Strange to think the Dogs made a granny in 21, get gifted two top prospects in JUH and Darcy, and turn their giraffe into an AA ruckman and end up being a middle of the road side.

Bevo’s last season imo.
Put us out of our misery.

I want a coach that can teach us how to play as a team.

Last edited:
Put us out of our misery.

I want a coach that can teach us how to play as a team.
Need more balance in that team too

An issue to me is having outside players like Treloar that are s**t ball users. Plus you don't seem to put alot of pressure on oppo teams

Should put Naughton back too and never have Lobb ever play again

Bont was killer for 2 & 1/2 quarters though, got tired carrying your midfield. And JUH, damn he has some bloody moves, going to be an absolute star

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Matt Hill is surely putting on this voice. Sounds like a guy imitating what a racing commentator sounds like.

Have thought this even listening to him commentate the races.

haha spot on, first time ive heard him, not a fan i must say, could be worse though, the voice does feel put on. could be his natural voice and how he speaks, but it feels like being back in the 1950s or being in some dingy TAB with a bunch of ol geezers. he might be ok for racing, i dont watch it i dont care, but for AFL no thanks!

Need more balance in that team too

An issue to me is having outside players like Treloar that are s**t ball users. Plus you don't seem to put alot of pressure on oppo teams

Should put Naughton back too and never have Lobb ever play again

Bont was killer for 2 & 1/2 quarters though, got tired carrying your midfield. And JUH, damn he has some bloody moves, going to be an absolute star

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Naughton needs to play CHB but the club and half the supporter base insist we are better off with him in the forward line despite him not being a natural forward at all. Him kicking as many goals as he has is a testament to the talent he has, but he is not coached well nor does he play like a forward, rarely leads, plays from behind trying to get the speccy etc.

Never seen Bont so frustrated on the field until this game and some games last season. He will be in his thirties before we look like doing anything again.

I think half the story is just that the coaches time is up, they have lost belief whether they truly believe it or not. Cannot seriously say it is entirely down to some players not being as good as we think (even though we select some REAL CRAP players, * we know how to pick em). Every other team I’ve watched this round has looked far more enjoyable, with clear game plans and systems in place even if the side is not brimming with talent you can tell they have been well coached on what to do in each scenario and bring a level of physicality and intensity. I see none of that with us. First time at the footy where I haven’t been outgoing and had any sort of release or reaction to a bit of play, just kinda sat there and copped it, almost yelled when McNeil turned it over for the 8 time but I didn’t, because I knew it was going to happen, because I’ve seen it before.

There's no excuses for the dogs not beating us today. The dogs got gifted an elite talent in Ugle-Hagan and followed that up with being gifted Sam Darcy to play alongside a gun in Naughton. What a luxurious position to be in. Meanwhile the dees are playing Ben Brown and Tom Mcdonald in key position posts.

There's no excuses for the dogs not beating us today. The dogs got gifted an elite talent in Ugle-Hagan and followed that up with being gifted Sam Darcy to play alongside a gun in Naughton. What a luxurious position to be in. Meanwhile the dees are playing Ben Brown and Tom Mcdonald in key position posts.

There is an excuse. They're s**t, that's the excuse.

Only player worthy of star status or value there is Bontempelli. He can't always carry the team on his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet but the Dogs were gifted the flag apparently.

The trophy even had red, white and blue ribbons.

Pretty hard to argue against when the AFL make it that obvious

I reckon if they call it a gift a few more times and wish really, really hard it might even rewrite our memories for all us Dogs supporters that were actually there.

I reckon if they call it a gift a few more times and wish really, really hard it might even rewrite our memories for all us Dogs supporters that were actually there.

I liked the gift of not playing at our home ground once in that finals series.

Isn't Steven May only on your list due to a priority pick?

Meanwhile the dees are playing Ben Brown and Tom Mcdonald in key position posts.

You should know by now that the Dogs always seem to play ordinary opposition players into form.

Jack Viney was pretty good on Sunday too, not sure how he landed at the Dees but obviously given Danster's message they've never been fortunate to benefit from AFL draft quirks of the day.
if you did your research you'd see that the dees have been one of the least benefited club in terms of father son in the league. One decent player in 25 years...

Not to mention getting shafted by the NGA rules. we should've had Mac Andrew but the afl changed the rules immediately after they realised the dogs had been gifted too much. There's no excuse for the dogs not to be top 4.

Your players were pretty devo to lose this 'fake flag'. Our flag was harder to win than a normal flag given we had to finish on top and play away in all of our finals 😀
You realise the Dogs didn't play at Marvel once during their 2016 finals series, right?

Back