Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Port v Eagles Sun March 17th 4pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn’t far off being a 4 goal margin at the end of the third mate.

Because we didn’t kick straight!

We had 15 behinds, 26 scoring shots.
You had 7 behinds, 14 scoring short.

Bit of a difference…

It was only that close because we couldn’t bloody kick straight. Not sure where you’re struggling to understand this.

Sell it however you want but we should have won this by 100 points plus and it was a pretty poor first showing for you guys. Not much improvement.

Because we didn’t kick straight!

We had 15 behinds, 26 scoring shots.
You had 7 behinds, 14 scoring short.

Bit of a difference…

It was only that close because we couldn’t bloody kick straight. Not sure where you’re struggling to understand this.

Sell it however you want but we should have won this by 100 points plus and it was a pretty poor first showing for you guys. Not much improvement.

100+ is silly, but 50/50 accuracy is a reasonable expectation from the non-Dixon players.
At that clip, the final score is 20.20 to 10.10 for a margin of 70, which feels about right to me for how big of an arse-kicking that was after quarter time.

The Eagles rebuild is not going to happen quickly, that is clear.
If we're able to improve on last season - which is a pretty big if for me - I suspect it will be more on the back of improved health than injection of young talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a top 4 team vs a wooden spooner side with 80% 18 year olds. What do you expect to happen?
6 young players...1 18 year old. 6 premiership players and a raft of senior players.

You're making excuses for this team that shouldn't be making the 8 but shouldn't be getting flogged like this.

I took some positives out of the game, as there were significant portions of the game where we weren't completely outclassed. But then I remembered that we beat GWS last year and look where we ended up. 2 - 3 wins seems about right

I have to correct myself here, I have no idea where footywire.com got these stats from but I just realised it's not the right information. Dixon, Wines, Boak and Byrne-Jones have all played 150+ so I'm not sure why it just says 1. Eagles have six with Cripps, Darling, McGovern, Gaff, Yeo and Duggan.

Back