AFL 2015, Round 6 - Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

images
The Cats have pulled another rabbit out of the hat and the young ones have come up trumps...Duncan BOG 2 weeks in a row, Gregson is going well and Blicavs was outstanding. Selwood had a hand injury and the Cats dine out on cold Pies.....

images
The Cats have pulled another rabbit out of the hat and the young ones have come up trumps...Duncan BOG 2 weeks in a row, Gregson is going well and Blicavs was outstanding. Selwood had a hand injury and the Cats dine out on cold Pies.....

The pies aren't exactly a team full of experienced players that are guaranteed to be top 8.

Cats played out of their backsides and had everything fall their way in the first q.
Pies chased tail and looked lost.
Rest of the game was reasonable even.
Cloke miss (the last one, not the previous few, nor whites misses or the rest of them) deflated pies momentum

Stevie J is pathetic and him and Goodes should go on holiday with Malthouse.

Stevic is still clearly the worst umpire in the game.

Medium to long term, pies look better prospect for mine

Yeah, I suppose in the last few years there has been a couple of relatively poor teams make the eight and then get spanked and go home (Richmond, North). But if you take Freo, Hawks, Swans, Port as givens, if there are not another four better teams than the pies and cats by September it'll be an indictment on the competition more than anything else I think.

Having said that, the pies have a young list so that's maybe where they are and then they make a run next year. Geelong might be a different kettle of fish.

Correct. Geelong finishing in the top 4 at the end of the home and away last season was an indictment on the rest of the comp. When push came to shove, they were miles off Hawthorn, Sydney, Port and Freo. The problem the last few years has been other sides improving. Apart from Port, until this year, they'd all either been stagnating or going backwards.

Whether or not it was just down to the compromised drafts I guess we won't know.

Correct. Geelong finishing in the top 4 at the end of the home and away last season was an indictment on the rest of the comp. When push came to shove, they were miles off Hawthorn, Sydney, Port and Freo. The problem the last few years has been other sides improving. Apart from Port, until this year, they'd all either been stagnating or going backwards.

Whether or not it was just down to the compromised drafts I guess we won't know.

We can make a decent guess though, right? If the glut of KPPs and gun mids that went to expansion teams were instead across the other teams they'd likely be markedly better.

This isn't an argument against expansion, btw, just a comment on the point made here.

We can make a decent guess though, right? If the glut of KPPs and gun mids that went to expansion teams were instead across the other teams they'd likely be markedly better.

This isn't an argument against expansion, btw, just a comment on the point made here.

Correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cats played really well and converted when it counted. We would have had to make every post a winner to come back into it and couldn't. Gregson, Blicavs, Duncan and Caddy were all good.

Happy we didn't just roll over and at least tried to fight it out. Thought Brown, Crisp, Oxley tried hard and Broomhead seemed to have impact.

Bad luck to young Cowan, poor bugger.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back