Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Lions v Suns Sat May 20th 7:30pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane-vs-Goldcoast.png

3rd v 11th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 10

BRISBANE LIONS V GOLD COAST
SATURDAY MAY 20TH 7:30PM AEST (GABBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

LIONS

B: B. Starcevich, J. Payne, K. Coleman
HB: C. McKenna, H. Andrews - C, D. Zorko
C: J. Berry, Z. Bailey, H. McCluggage
HF: C. Cameron, J. Gunston, W. Ashcroft
F: L. McCarthy, J. Daniher, E. Hipwood
FOLL: O. McInerney, J. Dunkley, L. Neale

I/C: C. Rayner, H. Sharp, R. Lester, D. Wilmot
EMG: K. Lohmann, C. Ah Chee, D. Fort, D. Joyce

In: None
Out: N. Answerth (Sub)

SUNS
B: S. Lemmens, S. Collins, M. Andrew
HB: D. Macpherson, C. Ballard, W. Powell
C: B. Fiorini, D. Swallow, B. Ellis
HF: B. Ainsworth, J. Lukosius, M. Rosas
F: S. Day, B. King, L. Casboult
FOLL: J. Witts - C, M. Rowell, N. Anderson

I/C: R. Atkins, A. Davies, N. Holman, B. Humphrey
EMG: T. Berry, J. Jeffrey, H. Oea, B. Uwland

In: B. Ainsworth, L. Casboult, N. Holman
Out: H. Oea (Omitted), T. Berry (Omitted), M. Chol (Omitted), J. Tsitas (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Some main board game day threads blow the local team game day thread out of the water for number of posts ... traditionally this is not one of them but it would be a nice surprise :)

GO LIONS!

And yes Wil wining the Ashcroft would be nice but not sure he is quite there yet (happy to be wrong there of course!!!)

Feels similar to the Melbourne game, Lions probably win but will be closer than people think.
I'm expecting it to be a fairly close one.

But I don't know if the Melbourne comparison can be made. Yes it was 10 points or whatever. But they were never in the game.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Fagan rumoured to be attempting to coax Jordan Lewis out of retirement.
He has reportedly promised that Jordan will be selected in the seniors each week to perform an ‘on field’ coaching role. Any ‘incidental’ contact with the football or involvement in the play is secondary to his role as a mentor. An unnamed member of the Brisbane midfield group has been quoted in the media as saying that, “Jordan couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night and he can’t bend down to tie his boot laces, but his knowledge of set plays and field positioning is first rate. We all think we can learn a lot from Lewis, especially in the rooms after the game and at training. Not so much during matches, because we are all busy trying to get the ball or negating Lewis’s opponent who invariably runs off him picking up possessions at will. We don’t mind effectively playing a man down though, because Fagan just lights up when Lewis walks into the rooms. It’s lovely to see.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels similar to the Melbourne game, Lions probably win but will be closer than people think.
I get the same feeling. We pushed Brisbane for over three quarters last time we played them at the Gabba and I would argue we're playing better footy now than we were back then. The midfield battle is going to be fascinating.

Would be tipping Lions but it's a close enough thing to make the odds being offered on GC attractive if you like a bet.
GC with points in?

Could this be a season defining upset by Gold Coast or one of their frequent inept weak performances just to remind the world that they truly are a basket case? Would love them to win and sail up towards the finals, tipping out the Blues would be great!

GC with points in?

Could this be a season defining upset by Gold Coast or one of their frequent inept weak performances just to remind the world that they truly are a basket case? Would love them to win and sail up towards the finals, tipping out the Blues would be great!

A touch harsh perhaps lol.

A win against the Saints last weekend and a three point victory over the Hawks and the Crow supporters get a bit lippy.

I've said Lions by a lot, but in actual fact I reckon it will be in the vicinity of 3-5 goals. Gold Coast are a sneaky chance. Should be a great contest, especially in the midfield.
I agree. We really should pull the Suns apart. I like Fagan’s work in the press where he was describing this as a ‘DANGER GAME’. There should be no complacency in the group and Fagan had to have been working hard to ensure we know we have a fight on our hands. I expect the Lions to win by a healthy margin because we have too many weapons all over the park. Anything around a 40 point margin would not surprise. More than that is a bonus, because percentage is going to be important in the top four this year.

I've got a funny feeling we're going to snatch this one tonight. We've gone close to pulling off a big upset a few times over the last 9 months and eventually one is going to fall in our favour. It's all set up perfectly for us to shock the Lions at the Gabba just like we did in QClash 1.

I'm also hoping for a record QClash crowd (30k+ please) but I also know across town the NRL has the Dolphins hosting the Storm at Suncorp tonight so I think that could affect the crowd number. Perhaps less Lions fans in attendance but that could also play in our favour so I'm not completely unhappy about it.

Back