Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Port v Demons Fri May 19th 7:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't worry mate, they've been whining all night. Butters gets 2 hand ridden like a jetski without the ball, ''nothing in it'. JHF picks the ball up and hit in the head with a swinging arm 'he ducked into it', someone stands in Gawns way, free kicks galore.

Hear hear.

I thought Port deserved to win. But the umpiring was a disgrace. Both of Ollie Lords goals were simply not there. The first one wasn't 15m and the 2nd one hit the ground. I think we can agree on that. And then the Petracca holding the ball decision that lead to the Rozee sealer. That's 3 goals before we even start. Finlayson flopping on Van Rooyen was 4 goals. A 4 goal head start is a big head start in the wet. I think the only debatable one is the Finlayson one.
Such a comically biased one eyed take. Hey chatGPT, give me the port version of this comment

Our youngsters were the difference. Rozzee butters jhf just brilliant one touch players in the wet to.
Houston spp mid 20s brilliant.
Kicking a winning score with our forward line was surprising

I thought Port deserved to win. But the umpiring was a disgrace. Both of Ollie Lords goals were simply not there. The first one wasn't 15m and the 2nd one hit the ground. I think we can agree on that. And then the Petracca holding the ball decision that lead to the Rozee sealer. That's 3 goals before we even start. Finlayson flopping on Van Rooyen was 4 goals. A 4 goal head start is a big head start in the wet. I think the only debatable one is the Finlayson one.

Give it a rest champ. Find some snow and cool off.

Last edited:
A real shame the umpires handed Port about 8 goals after half time. pathetic performance.

Amazing feat considering Port only kicked 6 goals in the second half….

Really surprising to see Melbourne get out bullied in the final quarter after seizing control of the game only 30 minutes prior.
I still reckon Gawn is the barometer of this team and he has not looked the same player since returning from a knee injury. Will he recapture that form?
If he does, they go where he takes them.

Grundy and gawn plus petracca and Oliver were supposed to be the ruck mid combination that was going to win every clearance right?

Well that didn't happen.

Our forward line can't kick a winning score with he players that are out

Well they did.

So we beat the no 2 team with no ruck and 3 forwards to come back plus an inside mid to return.

We haven't even hit peak yet
Dixon and Marshall not playing helped Port tonight. It forced them to kick to the better option instead of the key player. Dixon and Marshall coming back don't automatically make Port a better side. Whilst both players are easily in their best 22, they only help Port if they're used effectively. One of the biggest weaknesses in Port's game for the last few years is converting territory and I50s to scores. This is partly because they tend to focus on kicking the ball to Dixon / Marshall at the expense of the better option. Without those 2 playing, Port didn't have that problem.

Nah just every game at Shitlaide Oval.

Go watch Collingwood Crows from last week. Fortunately umpires couldnt get the home time over the line after trying everything. Did a good job tonight when the game was getting out of touch.
Bullshit. Port rarely get home ground umpiring. In fact we regularly get the worst frees stats and missed frees for stats in the league. Crows might do ok, not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No excuse why this shouldn't be full or close to full capacity. Top 4 clash, not raining, Port with 6 on the trot... what more motivation do the fans need to go and see their team?

Piss poor.
How
For someone who has only career highlight has been sooking to come home, Horne Francis certainly does a

true to form, he'll shirk responsibility, decline to turn up as expected, and stay home with mum
Mate, seeing JHF be a gun for next 10 years is gonna be the gift that just keeps on giving.
You can hate on him all you want, the wider footy community, although they
Getting done like this so fast in these conditions is about as embarrassing as you can find this season.
Super embarrassed ay 8-2
This probably explains why almost no one turned up
Would have probably biggest crowd in 5 years at a nth game

We didn't deserve to win. Win played 5 minutes of good football and then the umpires took over and won you the game.

They're a decent wet weather team
Interestingly the heaviest and prolonged rain all night was in the 3rd qtr.
Not saying I disagree with you at all, I think we are suited to wet weather footy too, but tonight we had more dominance in the drier conditions.
The rain tonight def lessened the pain of no Dixon or Marshall, wouldn't have take a mark.between them tonight anyway.

Barring 10 mins in the 3rd, Port looked cleaner than us, and always seemed to have that next body there when the ball spilled out.

We’ve had a few games this year where I feel like we have been beaten pretty comfortably in the middle.

And Butters, wow, what a game. Trac had some glimpses where he was a class above, but Butters did it all night.

-Port played better, Melbourne lucky not be down more.
-Melbourne need to be more consistent
-Butters was amazing
-Rosee loves a dive
-Just when Melbourne looked like they were gona run away with it, the Adelaide Oval umpires showed up to save the day for the home crowd.

You’ve gotta get on board mate.
The players and supporters at the ground have bought into Ken’s way big time.
Ken has the players, that’s undeniable and Koch would be smart to understand that …
I haven’t understood the consistent hatred of Hinkley by Port people, maybe someone can explain it.

Port was an absolute basket case when came in. Within a couple of years they were winning finals and making prelims and have been consistently up there most years since.

Port financially are a small club, to be consistently competing is a big effort. You can’t win the flag every year, you’ve just got to keep getting to that last 4 and putting your name in there.

Our youngsters were the difference. Rozzee butters jhf just brilliant one touch players in the wet to.
Houston spp mid 20s brilliant.
Kicking a winning score with our forward line was surprising
Yep no denying that
Butters and Rozee in particular have been excellent all year.

Yep no denying that
Butters and Rozee in particular have been excellent all year.
Dominated Melbourne midfielders.
Oliver and Petracca have hit their peak.
The new group of young midfielders are passing them this year.

Back