Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Port v Demons Fri May 19th 7:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw the 'Watch the Last 2 mins' on the afl website. Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I would've melted again watching the boundary umpire basically kick the ball towards ports goal with 15s to go.
Because a boundary throw in on centre wing with 15sec to go really turned the game….

I saw the 'Watch the Last 2 mins' on the afl website. Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I would've melted again watching the boundary umpire basically kick the ball towards ports goal with 15s to go.
Can I ask what you thought of the free kick to Gawn against Powell pepper for running in his way. A lot has been made of the frees port got, but there isn’t even a rule that he broke there.

Because a boundary throw in on centre wing with 15sec to go really turned the game….
It could have. We'll never know. What we do know is the 2 Ollie Lords goals from wrong calls and the Petracca holding the ball incorrect call turned the game.

Umpires make mistakes. Let's not pretend that they don't. Melbourne's first goal was from a 50m penalty so I understand it goes both ways but in totality I thought we were slaughtered by the umps and the noise of affirmation got the better of the umps for sure.

But the dees are nowhere near it at the moment. Essendon smashed melbourne a month ago and they haven't won a game since. I wouldn't be using the dees as a barometer.

The umpires switch sides to swing momentum to keep the scores close, it would be nice if they could just umpire fairly but that's not how the AFL works.

They also swing momentum more for certain teams than others to get the desired results, we can complain about the umpiring but the AFL doesn't care.

In fact the AFL loves to have controversial umpiring as that keeps us all talking about the game, if the umpires just umpired fairly that would be boring.

Are you seriously suggesting that the AFL directs its umpires to manipulate the result via the awarding of free kicks?

Using that logic, given Port’s free kick differential this year, they are either the Premiership favourites or not paying the AFL enough…

Yes, umpiring is frustratingly bad this year, but I highly doubt that systematic AFL match-fixing is happening. Although, would be a good reason to blowup the AFL and get back to football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could have. We'll never know. What we do know is the 2 Ollie Lords goals from wrong calls and the Petracca holding the ball incorrect call turned the game.

Umpires make mistakes. Let's not pretend that they don't. Melbourne's first goal was from a 50m penalty so I understand it goes both ways but in totality I thought we were slaughtered by the umps and the noise of affirmation got the better of the umps for sure.

But the dees are nowhere near it at the moment. Essendon smashed melbourne a month ago and they haven't won a game since. I wouldn't be using the dees as a barometer.
Swings and roundabouts. You owning that the umps handed the Dees the 4 points against the Suns?

Seems like the complaints of Graeme Cornes about the raw deal the 2 SA teams get from the umpires has worked a treat? Both Crows and Power have had a great ride over the last few weeks.

The umpiring Port was copping in the first few rounds was comically bad, especially the Collingwood game where Port were minus -19 frees and Pies players transgressed the rules more and more looking for the umpires to set limits that never came.

Interesting that when the Dees are -4 frees then Port has been given a ‘ride’.

The umpiring Port was copping in the first few rounds was comically bad, especially the Collingwood game where Port were minus -19 frees and Pies players transgressed the rules more and more looking for the umpires to set limits that never came.

Interesting that when the Dees are -4 frees then Port has been given a ‘ride’.
you got done by 70pts. spare us. they were totally insipid.

I assume you saw the previous throw in which went both short and to the left of screen and gave Gawn an easy tap and clearance? Funny how BT and Richo were too busy riding Melbourne's dick to call that one. You got the ball multiple times in the last 5 minutes only for us to outmuscle you and grab it back. Imagine losing the Kicks, Handballs, inside 50s, clearances, turnovers, marks, tackles, and scoring shot count, and have to resort to whining about a throw in on the wing with 20 seconds to go. I did enjoy hearing that Petty was a big out while we were missing Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades, Fantasia, Rioli. Any other excuses you want to throw out before I get banned?

Fair call Reg. But that game aside, we have been shafted quite often this year.

2 Games ago we had a free kick differential of -7.5, 4 worse than the next worse side. We were getting mugged every week. Now we're back to just having s**t umpire making s**t calls both ways where I am too lazy to do the arithmetic in my head of whether we are getting a good deal or not. Having to listen to loser Melbourne supporters claim our players are flopping while getting hit with swinging arm tackles to the head and bumps to the head/neck is a bit grating. When they say things like the JHF free wasn't there and Lord should have given a 2nd 50 while he kept on moving further and further off the line of the 50m and the Melbourne player kept on chasing him on a 15-20 degree angle, whilst casually ignoring the 2 frees paid to Gawn for getting in his way tells you all you need to know about them.

I assume you saw the previous throw in which went both short and to the left of screen and gave Gawn an easy tap and clearance? Funny how BT and Richo were too busy riding Melbourne's dick to call that one. You got the ball multiple times in the last 5 minutes only for us to outmuscle you and grab it back. Imagine losing the Kicks, Handballs, inside 50s, clearances, turnovers, marks, tackles, and scoring shot count, and have to resort to whining about a throw in on the wing with 20 seconds to go. I did enjoy hearing that Petty was a big out while we were missing Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades, Fantasia, Rioli. Any other excuses you want to throw out before I get banned?
Georgiades is a key out? Dude, he isn't even best 22. Your coaches chose to debut an unknown debutant before playing a fully fit Georgiades.

Port deserved to win because the dees only played 20 mins of good footy.

Georgiades is a key out? Dude, he isn't even best 22. Your coaches chose to debut an unknown debutant before playing a fully fit Georgiades.

Port deserved to win because the dees only played 20 mins of good footy.

If you're not going to listen on the trade thread, you wont here. Georgiades was dropped to work on his kicking. He has played 7 SANFL career games. Not exactly a player on the outer 4 years in. Fantasia/Marshall/Rioli/Dixon would all be first 22 if fit. Georgiades would be fighting with Lord for the last spot. I am interested in hearing how Petty coming out of your defence which still has 3xAA defenders in it was the difference. Or is he a forward now that has floated up forward a few times.

Back