Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Swans v Eagles Sat June 24th 4:35pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No coach could do worse, plenty could at least keep it to 10 goals.

VFL/SANFL/WAFL sides would get tuned up pretty regularly. 169 points might be the upper end of being s**t, but play enough games and someone was really going to get after them. These sorts of results would have happened more often if the 6-6-6 rule was in place earlier. Even we had to cop it against Collingwood when some of our mids were underdone.

West Coast are taking the piss if they don’t sack Simpson by first thing on Monday.
I don’t see how his position is tenable but who would actually want that job at the moment? It’s very unusual that the man who takes that job of the rebuild at rock bottom makes it through the rebuild and this is as bad as they get.

I don’t see how his position is sustainable but who would actually want that job at the moment? It’s very unusual that the man who takes that job of the rebuild at rock bottom makes it through the rebuild and this is as bad as they get.
Matty Knights?

They'll go hard for Hardwick for next year. He might be hungry again then
There is no chance Hardwick uproots himself and family to take a job almost guaranteed to be at the bottom of the ladder for at least 3 years.

Jayden Hunt made the right call?

Really wish you hadn't brought that up, memories of that are very sour

Just like Tarrant taking the mark of the century... about 6 days before Moorcroft
Tarrant’s was better. Moorcroft gets rewarded for misjudging a one on one contest. Tarrant oitmarked like 5 people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans Bingeing on Eagles today.
Eagles Kayo'ed in the lop sided fight.
Eagles last Stand was more of an Australian Crawl.
It's Paramount that the Eagles turn up next week when they play the Saints at home on Sunday.
Eagles are Primed and ready to get smashed again next week.

The doc asked Williams if he hurt Disney or the other one.

This is what you get when you keep highly paid injury prone veterans around too long.
North and the Eagles showed the two extremes of how to stuff up a transition and turn it into a long term rebuild. North got rid of all their older players in one hit, some of whom, especially Boomer, had much left to offer. That left the kids with no role models and leadership and stunted their growth.

Adelaide's 2020 wooden spoon team which dropped 16 games in a row from 2019-2020 would have won this by well over 100pts, even in Perth.

This is how bad WC are, maybe even worse than the Melbourne side that got hammered by 186pts vs Geelong in 2011. You cannot surely get worse than this, only way is up. Lose by 120 next week and that is an improvement.

You put the 2022 Swans vs the 2023 Eagles and that is what you get. Trust me, the Swans have underperformed badly this season but at their best they are very tough to beat.

Very good point. A premier, a reigning premier, a grand finalist and a strongish side that finished 4th. This Sydney side is nowhere near those levels. It's a disgraceful loss, maybe the worst in history.

Yeah you tend to find the really big winning margins (like mentioned above) involve the eventual Premier or very near to it, and a very inexperienced and/or poor team. It's not often a team outside finals calculations hands out beatings like that.

Only other time I can remember was when Richmond beat Fitzroy in their last ever match in Melbourne* by 150 odd points.

(* - to this day, comfortably the worst day at the football I've ever experienced.)

Only other time I can remember was when Richmond beat Fitzroy in their last ever match in Melbourne* by 150 odd points.

(* - to this day, comfortably the worst day at the football I've ever experienced.)
I was there! Left at half time, so grizzly

Fitzroy clobbered North by 25 goals in 1983, North ended up finishing top!

I just thought it funny that Kane Cornes was sinking the boot into West Coast. I just wonder if he had the same attitude towards his own team Port Adelaide when Hawthorn beat them 31-11 to 5-2 in 2011? :)
Kane hated Primus and wanted him sacked asap. Primus stuffed up by dropping the older players and trying to rebuild too quickly.

Back