Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Blues v Eagles Sat July 22nd 2:10pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t hate this proposal.

The issue is always the 13-18 range and how to work that out. A lot of meaningless games, and just turns into a tankathon if you keep the draft rules the same, not fair on the West Coasts and Norths if winning those last couple of games help with draft picks.
What about the fact that my team and yours will most likely be the only 2 teams in the whole comp that have a true away game in gather round in what is meant to be a total neutral round for all?

The draw is never fair or even and the AFL are total *******s.

some sloppy commentary during the second quarter. In one instance Sheed was standing the Walsh mark on the boundary and Dwayne initially mistook him for Gaff (sequential shirt numbers only possible explanation there, they look very different and Gaff wasn’t in the recent plays).

Later in the quarter Jack Williams quickly throws it on the boot near the boundary for an i50 and Kell calls it as Witherden, which is then repeated by Dwayne/Healy without name correction as they critique the disposal.

some sloppy commentary during the second quarter. In one instance Sheed was standing the Walsh mark on the boundary and Dwayne initially mistook him for Gaff (sequential shirt numbers only possible explanation there, they look very different and Gaff wasn’t in the recent plays).

Later in the quarter Jack Williams quickly throws it on the boot near the boundary for an i50 and Kell calls it as Witherden, which is then repeated by Dwayne/Healy without name correction as they critique the disposal.
If that's you're biggest take out of this match then I feel for you

People complaining about unfair advantages. There are many variables in all sports, and a lot of luck is involved. In the NFL/NBA, lose your star player and you're ****ed in most cases.

Wet weather vs dry weather advantages/Percentage requirements.
Illness
When you play teams Start of year vs end of year.

I don’t hate this proposal.

The issue is always the 13-18 range and how to work that out. A lot of meaningless games, and just turns into a tankathon if you keep the draft rules the same, not fair on the West Coasts and Norths if winning those last couple of games help with draft picks.
Maybe your draft pecking order should be reversed where 13th gets pick 1? Gives clubs some incentive to finish the season off in a positive fashion.

It's not who you play, it's how you play them. 5 goals+ every week is tough regardless of the opposition (unless they're the West Coast Eagles obviously)
Losing can become contagious so beating anyone no matter how bad can help turn that around.

If that's you're biggest take out of this match then I feel for you
I’m not surprised by the scoreline. If you’re fishing for cheap salty tantrums during an expected drubbing then you might need to pass the salt across the table and dial up your floggery to meet our understandable apathy halfway.

People complaining about unfair advantages. There are many variables in all sports, and a lot of luck is involved. In the NFL/NBA, lose your star player and you're ****ed in most cases.

Wet weather vs dry weather advantages/Percentage requirements.
Illness
When you play teams Start of year vs end of year.
Even the timing on when you play each opponents has a effect on your chances of winning or losing.

Maybe your draft pecking order should be reversed where 13th gets pick 1? Gives clubs some incentive to finish the season off in a positive fashion.

I don’t think that’s fair on West Coast and North. So far behind everyone else and then get given picks 5 and 6 on the base of that.

There’s definitely something in the proposal but it’s just working out that last bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not surprised by the scoreline. If you’re fishing for cheap salty tantrums during an expected drubbing then you might need to pass the salt across the table and dial up your floggery to meet our understandable apathy halfway.
We have like 5 or 6 of our best 22 out. This is bad

What about the fact that my team and yours will most likely be the only 2 teams in the whole comp that have a true away game in gather round in what is meant to be a total neutral round for all?

The draw is never fair or even and the AFL are total *******s.

Exactly, it’s never fair and sometimes you get lucky and cop a West Coast like side twice and other times you don’t.

There’s been five good teams in the comp (Pies, Port, Bris, Melb, Geel). If your team hasn’t been able to make finals this season it’s been a lot more than just not getting to play West Coast twice.

I do like this proposal though in a general sense. Adds more buildup in the lead up to finals and then is a little bit fairer as a side benefit.

I don’t think that’s fair on West Coast and North. So far behind everyone else and then get given picks 5 and 6 on the base of that.

There’s definitely something in the proposal but it’s just working out that last bit.
I guess the priority pick system would still be in place for teams that are too far gone.

That doesn't make sense. West Coast haven't got the cattle (through injuries or other factors) of finishing the season off strongly.

Their list is cooked and needs as much of the best/elite young talent it can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back