Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 5 Gather Round - Pies v Saints Sun April 16th 4:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re not sure why I’m shocked that the tribunal believed that your boy was “creating separation” for a marking contest that didn’t exist? Saints supporters really are a special breed.
Yes, it's us that are the special breed, along with the tribunal that gave him 3 weeks and the majority of the media thought the same.

fetchimage.jpeg

it's funny that you claim Dogs and Freo as s**t but then 2 post later claim Geelong, who have 2 wins and both vs 17/18th are somehow clearly better than either....

logic
I would suggest the reason for that is that until Freo can match their form in WA against top 10 sides to that outside of WA against top 10 sides on a consistent basis, 0

they're not a consistent threat outside of Perth. Bulldogs top 8 or 9 players are quality but they rely on them too much. Premierships and games against quality opposition aren't won by individual players, but rather a team. I'd place St. Kilda in a similar position to the Bulldogs which is one reason for the inconsistent results from St. Kilda last year and the Bulldogs this year so far. Although St. Kilda are getting better in this area, they're still 2-3 years away imo.

The difference with Geelong is that they are a talented team that proved last season they have the ability to be a premiership threat. Their losses at the end of last year were minimal (one big 1) and their ins on paper looked promising. Losing Stewart midway through Round 1 hurt their structure and some of their players are struggling for form. The upside and potential with Geelong is still there which is why people still rate Geelong a difficult side to beat. Whilst I don't think Geelong will win the flag, I'd have them as my 5th or 6th favourite about now.

Back