Portfolio AFL 2029 (Sequel to AFL '99 Series)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bankrupt, corrupt and booted from the competition.

600842.gif

Yeah man, no more West Coast.
Not wanting to start a fight with any WCE supporters, but if this had happened earlier in the Eagles lifetime it would have been a good way to get one of the older WAFL clubs into the league. It's good that Port's heritage has made it into the modern era, and having Subiaco or East Perth playing each week would have added more richness than a franchise team.

Having said that, a whole new generation has grown up with the Eagles, so they're certainly here to stay, and they've turned things around from the party years to be a well-run, highly respected club.

...okay wow.

I was joking- West Coast are definitely still in, haha. I'm an Eagles fan, why would I boot my own favourite team from the competition?

...okay wow.

I was joking- West Coast are definitely still in, haha. I'm an Eagles fan, why would I boot my own favourite team from the competition?
Because it's the only logical thing to do.

Very excited to see how things turn out! These designs are already good! An Auckland team is a cool idea!

I wonder where the other 4 expansion teams are: it's exciting to find out.

Very excited to see how things turn out! These designs are already good! An Auckland team is a cool idea!

I wonder where the other 4 expansion teams are: it's exciting to find out.

Well one was in Canberra so you have two more to go!

DarwinThunder.png
Thirty years later: Or, like seven, but whatever. Say hello to the third of the "2022 Club", the Darwin Thunder. The AFL handed a license over to the NT Thunder from the NEAFL to commence a team in the national league, and so the club was born. Sticking with their state's traditional colours of ochre and dark charcoal, both guernseys contain a stylised lightning bolt.

Thirty years later: Or, like seven, but whatever. Say hello to the third of the "2022 Club", the Darwin Thunder. The AFL handed a license over to the NT Thunder from the NEAFL to commence a team in the national league, and so the club was born. Sticking with their state's traditional colours of ochre and dark charcoal, both guernseys contain a stylised lightning bolt.
My OCD wants the clash to be a simple recolour, but I like the set regardless

Looks a bit like the original Peel Thunder jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks a bit like the original Peel Thunder jumper.

Definitely had it in mind. Fun fact, I live in the Peel Thunder catchment area so my primary school had the original Peel Thunder guernseys for our interschool sports.

Port sharing the same nick as Darwin?

Well going by the 1999 design of Port and what I have in mind for them, Power will become less of an electricity thing and more of a strength thing.

Well going by the 1999 design of Port and what I have in mind for them, Power will become less of an electricity thing and more of a strength thing.
Does it involve a fistbolt like we have in this reality?

If you can make a fistbolt good then you're good.

Remember that god awful pre-game inflatable Port had about 10 years before a game at Footy Park reeking with innuendo?
Got a run on "Before the Game" at the time too.

No, do you have photos?

Remember that god awful pre-game inflatable Port had about 10 years before a game at Footy Park reeking with innuendo?
Got a run on "Before the Game" at the time too.
Went to a Port Carlton match where Carlton came back and won in the mid-2000s. They had the Fistbolt and even at age 8 I thought it was cringeworthy

Went to a Port Carlton match where Carlton came back and won in the mid-2000s. They had the Fistbolt and even at age 8 I thought it was cringeworthy

Someone please, please find footage of this fistbolt blow up!

Also, sorry I haven't added another team yet, between work, life, and trying to design something for FIRA, this project has accidentally taken a backseat. Will be something new soon though! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back