Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Not sure if mentioned and bare with me as I know f all about builds etc. but I just dropped in to my local eb games for a chat and the owner told me he was told this morning that big ant didn’t initially allow for the game to be played off line and rushed a update overnight to allow the game to be played off line. Not sure what any of that means.

Will return, flip to a Zelda Pre-Order, and buy it digitally when it’s (hopefully) fixed.

I can’t believe people believe this “it’s the wrong build” excuse. Big Ant have form releasing unfinished messes. Next thing we will lThey didn't get Fly? Pies were a fairly well scanned team (De Goey, Howe and Ginni minus hair are basically perfect) but they need to get Fly in, Update Ginni's hair and actually make Beau look like Beau
Beau looks ok. Darcy Cameron looks.. interesting.

3D5586A8-7116-4D11-95EA-C10DF3F0D562.jpeg

So let me get this straight we’re assuming there’s gonna be a patch that will add/fix all these things;

• AI and gameplay in general (likely)
  • Statistics in game
  • State leagues
  • Tactics
  • More/better facescans

Get real all of this is not being added in a patch people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if mentioned and bare with me as I know f all about builds etc. but I just dropped in to my local eb games for a chat and the owner told me he was told this morning that big ant didn’t initially allow for the game to be played off line and rushed a update overnight to allow the game to be played off line. Not sure what any of that means.

Sounds like complete BS. They rushed out an update so people without internet could play it offline. Update to what, the discs that were already printed months ago, or to the offline PS5's which can't receive them?

Is it fair to say that without an internet connected console you won’t be able to get this supposed patch. I only play very casually and got my ps4 off a mate second hand and can’t connect to the internet. Is it best to wait or will the patch just not be on the disc at all?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the worst thing I have ever played. The game is actually unplayable, after every game I play the game exits and I have to restart the whole game.

-No ultimate team as promised (unlucky for me I found this out after I purchased a PS plus membership)
-Started a career with Carlton, at half time Vossy is bald (must have been from a tough 2022 season)
-Interchange bench doesn't work at all.
-Can easily run the ball the length of the ground without getting caught (even on the "hardest" mode level)

Above all, all this on release date. I don't understand why the developers "test" a game but invite plebs who have never watched a game of footy in their life and expect them to give constructive feedback.

Will probably return mine if these things are not rectified within 24hrs.

Is it fair to say that without an internet connected console you won’t be able to get this supposed patch. I only play very casually and got my ps4 off a mate second hand and can’t connect to the internet. Is it best to wait or will the patch just not be on the disc at all?

From my experience it wont let you move passed the goal kicking drill until updated. The guy at EB told me that all the single player stuff has to be downloaded (which is the whole flipping game)

Just played a 7.5 Min quarter

Obviously not great, but loads of potential. Can't wait to play after the patch.

Pros. Good graphics, the kick/mark game and controlling possession is something that we have never had in an AFL game. The presentation is also very nice. I didn't mind the commentary, but maybe that will change the more I play.

Cons. Like all AFL games the controls will take some getting used too. Not enough congestion, the ball is hard to see. The AI is all over the place ATM.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Patch won't be on the disc. You need an internet connection patch the game. You also need an internet connection to actually play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back