Multiplat AFL23: Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Read Below
  • Need to upload SVG's below 400 nodes

Useful links:
SVG converter- Adobe Express

Some logos that are already svg can be found in Google images/wikimedia

MOD NOTICE: This thread is for user created Academy content ONLY. Please take discussion about the game to the main thread: Multiplat - AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissapointed they haven't made a quick add for a generic full squad yet. They've ha d agreat academy in their games for 10 years now and still haven't implemented that needed feature. I recalled Ross even discussing it with you months ago but its clearly been forgotten. Would make the academy a whole lot better if you csan simply add a generic list of 30, then edit players afterwards.

Agreed. The function kinda sorta already exists in Management Mode to create a draft class. Just randomly generate 30 players for this squad in the same way you generate draftees thanks.

I've said it before but I would love a few "generate" options in academy.
A workflow wizard type thing would be amazing where you could tick a box for each section you want it to generate. At the moment it generates a name, but would be good to be able to just randomly generate appearances and stats too.

Dreaming big here, but would be great too to be able to set a name and a position, and have it generate the rest based on that. So if you create a ruck, randomly generate a 200cm player for me with stats that roughly resemble a ruckman in the type you chose (good tap skills, slow runner, average kick). Or if I say he's a livewire forward, create a 180cm player with with good speed and kicking. Still firmly in dreamworld here but would be great to be able to set a desired skill level rating too, or like a rating range so that if you're creating an all star team you can tell it to create dudes in the 90s, or for a country team, players in the 60s or whatever.

Agreed. The function kinda sorta already exists in Management Mode to create a draft class. Just randomly generate 30 players for this squad in the same way you generate draftees thanks.

I've said it before but I would love a few "generate" options in academy.
A workflow wizard type thing would be amazing where you could tick a box for each section you want it to generate. At the moment it generates a name, but would be good to be able to just randomly generate appearances and stats too.

Dreaming big here, but would be great too to be able to set a name and a position, and have it generate the rest based on that. So if you create a ruck, randomly generate a 200cm player for me with stats that roughly resemble a ruckman in the type you chose (good tap skills, slow runner, average kick). Or if I say he's a livewire forward, create a 180cm player with with good speed and kicking. Still firmly in dreamworld here but would be great to be able to set a desired skill level rating too, or like a rating range so that if you're creating an all star team you can tell it to create dudes in the 90s, or for a country team, players in the 60s or whatever.
It would sure save me a bunch of time...

Haven't shared this yet... it ain't perfect....but this was my first play around with SVGs.

(trying to figure out Inkscape, and somewhat auto-mapping the nodes from a jumper image I have).
This is the Saints 2015 Anzac jumper... which I chose because it was a lot more basic than others (would mean less nodes). Removed the sponsor logos for simplicity.... but yeah.... using a full SVG logo as the jumper design. :)

1691590167990.png

1424765929254.jpg

Haven't shared this yet... it ain't perfect....but this was my first play around with SVGs.

(trying to figure out Inkscape, and somewhat auto-mapping the nodes from a jumper image I have).
This is the Saints 2015 Anzac jumper... which I chose because it was a lot more basic than others (would mean less nodes). Removed the sponsor logos for simplicity.... but yeah.... using a full SVG logo as the jumper design. :)

View attachment 1769459

1424765929254.jpg
Looks good.
I tend to try to avoid the collars and sleeve unless I need to, but I do tend to make large SVG panels for guernseys which look pretty good in game.

d1c0e82504650f84690051fb8e304e875525bf54.jpeg

Here is the newer tag being used in South Australia with the Think! instead of the older MAC

It looks rather rough, but once again trying to stay under 400 nodes and knowing it won’t be seen up close so there is some room to prioritise certain things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry with this effort at creating a silo stack in Cowell, South Australia from the meagre selection of items in Stadium Creator.
Need to paint the dirt a bit too
:wink:

Thought I'd make more guernseys…
So onwards to the land of the bloody big hole…
North Gambier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back