Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Tactics are tactics regardless of the mode so you would expect them to be available across every mode.

BA said the AI are already using tactics and we would get them last Friday……still nothing but silence.

This is what’s frustrating with BA in this thread. Coming in and selectively answering questions but avoiding others.
To be fair, they are probably careful not to answer certain questions as they will get dragged across the coles if they get any minor details wrong. By now I would have thought people have got their head around the idea that the game is getting fixed and it's going to take a bit of time.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair, they are probably careful not to answer certain questions as they will get dragged across the coles if they get any minor details wrong.
On certain features, sure. To say over a week ago that something is coming in a couple of days but it doesn’t and now a week later we still don’t have them and the delay yet again, hasn’t been addressed.

If you’re not sure on a timeframe for something…..say nothing at all!!

On certain features, sure. To say over a week ago that something is coming in a couple of days but it doesn’t and now a week later we still don’t have them and the delay yet again, hasn’t been addressed.

If you’re not sure on a timeframe for something…..say nothing at all!!
I actually don't recall when the tactics were getting added and missed Ross saying so. There would be a good reason, I'm assuming Ross isn't doing it for shits and giggles. I'm hoping they come soon all the same.

I actually don't recall when the tactics were getting added and missed Ross saying so. There would be a good reason, I'm assuming Ross isn't doing it for shits and giggles. I'm hoping they come soon all the same.

One thing he did say was that State Leagues were “imminent” yet they still have not been released.

I have a feeling they won’t be in tonight’s patch either although he said they would be.

I actually don't recall when the tactics were getting added and missed Ross saying so.
He said it in one of a Pink Panters stream chats mid last week.

There would be a good reason, I'm assuming Ross isn't doing it for shits and giggles.
I commend your optimism but come on now, this isn’t the only feature we’ve been told was imminent or really close only for it to be MIA with no further mentions of it.

One thing he did say was that State Leagues were “imminent” yet they still have not been released.

I have a feeling they won’t be in tonight’s patch either although he said they would be.
Best advice I can give is to give is to accept that the game is a month away from being finished. When and what gets updated and what orded doesn't really matter to me. If you have that attitude then you'll survive

He said it in one of a Pink Panters stream chats mid last week.

I commend your optimism but come on now, this isn’t the only feature we’ve been told was imminent or really close only for it to be MIA with no further mentions of it.
I know but by now surely we can accept that gameplay is king and getting that right should be the first priority. I not disagree with what you say, I just see it a bit differently.

Best advice I can give is to give is to accept that the game is a month away from being finished. When and what gets updated and what orded doesn't really matter to me. If you have that attitude then you'll survive

A month away is a little optimistic, granted there have been a lot of developments over the last 2 weeks and the game is much improved. But any future patch could derail the progress (as seen with the handball last night). I don't want it to happen, but I think cautious optimism is required.

Are tactics really that big of a deal? They didn't seem to impact gameplay at all in previous games, not that I noticed of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like medium is the best difficulty, everything seems to work fine

Spoiling
Marking
Missed shots
Ruck

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I'm playing on medium. 10 rounds in, I've won two games by 50 points (Crows and North) and every other game is within 10 points either way. I mean, I am Hawthorn so in theory I should be losing more but for now I'm happy with this

This tweet was from the 5th May. Mentions tactics and a whole bunch of other features (like state leagues) coming later that week. Obviously didn't happen, and still hasn't happened two weeks later, so I guess the bugs have been worse/harder to fix than expected:

1684473307486.png

EDIT: My snip missed the rest of the tweet:

1684473499786.png

Finally made it to the mid-season draft. Sydney Stack and Oscar Mcdonald, despite being the two recommended players, weren't drafted at all. I picked up Naismith to help with rucks - and there's no option to select a number for him.

Also, does anyone know how to sign rookies to new contracts? Newcombe expires in 2023 but it says I can't resign him for less than he's already on + he can't be on rookie list too long

I'm starting to think a lot of the issues you guys have with the game are more because you're just s**t at it.

Interested Go On GIF by reactionseditor

I'm starting to think a lot of the issues you guys have with the game are more because you're just s**t at it.
Don’t be ridiculous, I can easily beat the computer at this game (on easiest) :$

Hoping the AI gets a patch on how to miss shots on goal. Constantly seeing scoreline like 20.3.123. It would be good to see some dirty games like 8.13.61 for example.
User needs to be harder too.

I must admit I'm pretty annoyed looking at the set shots. They have added it to the patch notes and both times it has little to no impact. If they're in the patch notes you expect to see a significant improvement which isn't the case. I'm happy with the progress that's been made but this is a difficult fix now. The game wasn't quite ready and these fixes are coming in hot now so there's a lot of test and patch. I'm not convinced there is a real plan on how the game is supposed to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back