Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
For the console crew, I saw that BA reverted the console patch to get rid of the auto handballs or whatever happened. They said it’ll be out for us tonight.. does that mean they sent it through last night and the 8-10hrs is from late last night? Or do they mean they are submitting it with whatever tonight’s patch contains for us to get it tomorrow morning? (AM)
Will be submitted tonight to arrive early Saturday am.

For the console crew, I saw that BA reverted the console patch to get rid of the auto handballs or whatever happened. They said it’ll be out for us tonight.. does that mean they sent it through last night and the 8-10hrs is from late last night? Or do they mean they are submitting it with whatever tonight’s patch contains for us to get it tomorrow morning? (AM)
i feel like it would mean that we get last nights patch (incl the fix for handballing) + what is released tonight, tomorrow morning (Am)

Sorry for being ignorant, but if I jumped on my PS5 and installed the update, would it be this broken auto handball version? And the fix for that would be tomorrow morning?

Absolutely cannot defend ground balls inside 50 and cannot mop up after spoils. Means any time the balls goes inside D50 without me intercepting it's an auto goal.

So I play on Easiest - but then it's so easy it's no longer fun. Oppo defenders don't ever try and spoil and I can mark literally everything. End up winning contested marks 97 - 5 and intercept marks 43 - 7.

Try a game on Easy and still win contested marks 47 - 6, oppo still doesn't know how to spoil and im intercepting 23 - 5.

Now I can't win a clearance but I still dominate the game because of the intercepting.

It's so unbalanced, they're covering up one area by making others too easy. It's no longer even fun.

Sorry for being ignorant, but if I jumped on my PS5 and installed the update, would it be this broken auto handball version? And the fix for that would be tomorrow morning?
No... The latest update available on PS5 is Patch 13 (2277), which does not have the auto handball issue.
Patch 14 (supposed to be 2303) was supposed to come out overnight, but was scrapped... and so we'll get a new Patch 14 late tonight/tomorrow morning....

No... The latest update available on PS5 is Patch 13 (2277), which does not have the auto handball issue.
Patch 14 (supposed to be 2303) was supposed to come out overnight, but was scrapped... and so we'll get a new Patch 14 late tonight/tomorrow morning....
Gotcha, thanks so much for clarifying!

Seems like the most recent patch PS5 has, it's broken AI set shots, they can't kick a goal to save their lives.

The interchanges are actually realistic thank God, had McDonald come on for Franklin in a game I played for Sydney so it seems they fixed it.

There's no rubber banding, there is momentum, that can mean that you end up losing/winning by large margins.
Noticed this since release, is really nice. Can you tell us how it works? Do player stats increase or something when you have the momentum on your side? As I've noticed it easier/harder to take marks whether you have it or not.

Maybe there could be a momentum gauge on screen.

Seems like the most recent patch PS5 has, it's broken AI set shots, they can't kick a goal to save their lives.

The interchanges are actually realistic thank God, had McDonald come on for Franklin in a game I played for Sydney so it seems they fixed it.
I just had a game and they couldn't miss on PS5

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hoping the AI gets a patch on how to miss shots on goal. Constantly seeing scoreline like 20.3.123. It would be good to see some dirty games like 8.13.61 for example.
Are you people playing the same game? This thread has just become messages contradicting each other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed this since release, is really nice. Can you tell us how it works? Do player stats increase or something when you have the momentum on your side? As I've noticed it easier/harder to take marks whether you have it or not.

Maybe there could be a momentum gauge on screen.
I assume it works similar to their confidence meter in cricket games which I believe does give a slight increase to stats.

Were user tactics ever promised?

What do people mean by user tactics? Proper selectable tactics at stoppages etc like ye olde AFL 99, or just the AI not bring dumb as dogshit?
On a mode that uses the word “management” i would hope for some kind of simulation experience with coaching like tactics rather then just contracts,draft and play

I’m assuming the people having problems are playing on ‘hard’ mode. Try easy mode, it’s still challenging and I’m not experiencing the problems with tackling or handballing that some are mentioning here. The AI will still challenge you with possession etc. the scores are still somewhat respectable. But you’ll probably win.

Well done Big Ant, game getting really good.

Bare in mind I’m playing patch 1.11.

On a mode that uses the word “management” i would hope for some kind of simulation experience with coaching like tactics rather then just contracts,draft and play
Would be good if you could create your coach as well. Seems pointless to just be Chris Scott if I'm meant to be simulating being the coach of the club.

I’m assuming the people having problems are playing on ‘hard’ mode. Try easy mode, it’s still challenging and I’m not experiencing the problems with tackling or handballing that some are mentioning here. The AI will still challenge you with possession etc. the scores are still somewhat respectable. But you’ll probably win.

Well done Big Ant, game getting really good.

Bare in mind I’m playing patch 1.11.
I've found medium a good challenge for me personally. Which is a good thing as I can go up a couple of levels as I get better.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh of course, I was just thinking of single matches/season mode.
Tactics are tactics regardless of the mode so you would expect them to be available across every mode.

BA said the AI are already using tactics and we would get them last Friday……still nothing but silence.

This is what’s frustrating with BA in this thread. Coming in and selectively answering questions but avoiding others.

Tactics are tactics regardless of the mode so you would expect them to be available across every mode.

BA said the AI are already using tactics and we would get them last Friday……still nothing but silence.

This is what’s frustrating with BA in this thread. Coming in and selectively answering questions but avoiding others.

Yep agreed.

I must have missed the post where he said they were coming. I wish it will be like AFL 99 with selectable tactics at stoppages etc but I doubt they will be that in-depth unfortunately, especially given the game still calls a shank out of bounds a rushed behind :straining:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back