Multiplat AFL23: Academy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Read Below
  • Need to upload SVG's below 400 nodes

Useful links:
SVG converter- Adobe Express

Some logos that are already svg can be found in Google images/wikimedia

MOD NOTICE: This thread is for user created Academy content ONLY. Please take discussion about the game to the main thread: Multiplat - AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
I thought I'd make a new thread dedicated to Academy.
It would be great if we could share some svg files in here while the community logo viewer gets fixed, another thing would be figuring out a template for custom faces as I haven't got it quite right yet.

Read Below
Need to upload SVG's below 400 nodes

Useful links:
SVG converter- Adobe Express

Some logos that are already svg can be found in Google images/wikimedia

MOD NOTICE: This thread is for user created Academy content ONLY. Please take discussion about the game to the main thread: Multiplat - AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Last edited:
If anyone has figured out what the "size limitations" are for SVG that'd be great
1683600094017.png

edit: Tried again with a 60px image, still no luck, it wasn't .svg though so I'll see how I go

Too hard digging through the main thread so might ask those doing the academy - did we get confirmation we can't make custom geurnseys for the AFL sides? (eg. I can't make power ranger geurnsey and attach to Hawthorn)

Too hard digging through the main thread so might ask those doing the academy - did we get confirmation we can't make custom geurnseys for the AFL sides? (eg. I can't make power ranger geurnsey and attach to Hawthorn)
Yep can't do that, it was mentioned that you need to make a custom team as a workaround, hopefully unlike other titles the commentary/song won't be affected if you do make a custom team

Yep can't do that, it was mentioned that you need to make a custom team as a workaround, hopefully unlike other titles the commentary/song won't be affected if you do make a custom team
Damn! Thanks mate

If anyone has figured out what the "size limitations" are for SVG that'd be great
View attachment 1682702

edit: Tried again with a 60px image, still no luck, it wasn't .svg though so I'll see how I go
It isn’t so much about image dimensions, it is about image complexity. As in how many anchor points do you have. If I have less than 250 it usually works great

It isn’t so much about image dimensions, it is about image complexity. As in how many anchor points do you have. If I have less than 250 it usually works great
How have you been converting logos etc?

I had some mixed results with sites

gave me... this
1683601327019.png

And another site did pretty well and just gave me the outline

As hard as it sounds, you are almost better to rebuild a logo from scratch in photoshop or illustrator than try fixing it. SVG format essential

Had a go at some advertising boards - all have been uploaded and can be downloaded - just search the sponsor name and "sign".

I also had a go at the guernsey stuff but as some have pointed out there's a weird bug which duplicates logos. Once fixed I can see myself spending a lot of time customising guernseys, plenty of cool base designs to use too. AFL 23_20230509124649.jpg AFL 23_20230509124734.jpg
AFL 23_20230509124526.jpg

Had a go at some advertising boards - all have been uploaded and can be downloaded - just search the sponsor name and "sign".

I also had a go at the guernsey stuff but as some have pointed out there's a weird bug which duplicates logos. Once fixed I can see myself spending a lot of time customising guernseys, plenty of cool base designs to use too.View attachment 1682719View attachment 1682720
View attachment 1682718
Looking good!

Had some luck with the new VFL logo
1683601919632.png

As hard as it sounds, you are almost better to rebuild a logo from scratch in photoshop or illustrator than try fixing it. SVG format essential
Also if they're actual logos, see if you can scrounge up a premade svg on google. They'll always be the absolute best quality for smaller file size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also had a go at the guernsey stuff but as some have pointed out there's a weird bug which duplicates logos. Once fixed I can see myself spending a lot of time customising guernseys, plenty of cool base designs to use too.View attachment 1682719View attachment 1682720
View attachment 1682718

Looking good

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've now made all the Spencer Gulf League (Country SA) teams with rosters, logos and kits. Obviously the kits aren't finished yet because the logos are appearing twice and you can't yet add sponsors to the shorts or socks. Not sure I'll bother with sock logos though as most players wear them down anyway.

Making the squads took forever as I had to create each player individually with name, appearance and skills.
kit_0000_Layer 17.jpg kit_0001_Layer 16.jpg kit_0002_Layer 15.jpg kit_0003_Layer 14.jpg kit_0004_Layer 13.jpg kit_0005_Layer 12.jpg kit_0006_Layer 11.jpg

Illustrator enables you to simplify by layer if you have more complicated designs. newholland.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back