Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
One thing that’s bugging me is that there’s so much room bottom right of screen and yet we have no choice but to scroll through our list to select a team. Utilise this space for team selection.
I don’t have a lot of positive things to say about Evo, I hated that game so much but their team management layout was awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 186

Surely the automatic handball garbage is just a coding error and will be removed. Insane to possibly think that it’s been put in place permanently to hide the shitty janky animations.

And with tactics, to answer someone else’s question, yes they certainly did work in Evo 2, quite well too.
Extra behind the ball was great for intercept marking, one extra at contest was great for target options at stoppages, and even the mindset of whether to be in attacking/neutral/defensive positions really did change the way AI team mates would run based on a turn over, and how tight they’d take their men.

At absolute minimum I’d expect the same tactics to be available in a game made in 2023

I'm starting to think a lot of the issues you guys have with the game are more because you're just s**t at it.

I think the videos I've shared have shown a few glitches that cause gameplay to stuff the user up majorly. You didn't see them in Aussie Rules Footy, or the Evolution games! :p

Surely the automatic handball garbage is just a coding error and will be removed. Insane to possibly think that it’s been put in place permanently to hide the shitty janky animations.

It WAS removed in the patch early this morning

However as a consequence the slow moving players and teleport tackling is back with a vengeance

And with tactics, to answer someone else’s question, yes they certainly did work in Evo 2, quite well too.
Extra behind the ball was great for intercept marking, one extra at contest was great for target options at stoppages, and even the mindset of whether to be in attacking/neutral/defensive positions really did change the way AI team mates would run based on a turn over, and how tight they’d take their men.

At absolute minimum I’d expect the same tactics to be available in a game made in 2023
Would also be cool to see the camera movement from Evo 2
So when you take a mark or get a free kick, you can hold the right analog stick in the direction you want the camera to quickly pan down the ground so you can see ahead of the play even further if you’re playing on side view
Or even the option to switch the camera to behind the player with the mark/free kick and then back to side as you choose where you’re going to kick it
Thought these were two really cool features that Evo 2 had

What happened to last night/todays psych, as I haven't received it ??

Are we just getting a weekend bundle again on Monday for consoles?

What happened to last night/todays psych, as I haven't received it ??

Are we just getting a weekend bundle again on Monday for consoles?

Last night's patch introduced the side (controlled by human players) to automatically handball on occasion. It was fine most of the time (eg: done when winning the ruck tap) but it occurred too often where it placed the ball in bad positions - such as the videos I uploaded (eg: first auto handball went to a teammate, the second handball by the new teammate went directly out of bounds). Made the game much harder to play.

They realised what was happening and I guess that's why the Playstation side didn't get the update overnight.
They did a new patch this morning that took out the auto handball.

Playstation should get that patch overnight.

Feel like every second patch takes 1 step forward and 2 steps back
Could be a while until we see ProTeam or literally anything other features we were promised

For me last week when they introduced the shrugging tackle animation (Thursday-Friday night) was when the gameplay was the most fun for me. When they nerfed the shrugging tackle in weekend patches, it's slowly regressed a little imo.

And I get that, I've been saying it on other forums where they make positive steps with some things but negative steps in others patch by patch. I get it's a balancing act, don't want to make the game ridiculously easy, but not super hard either.

This is what the "roadmap" is looking like a week on from the estimated completion of the "roadmap".

Modes
  • Training and Tutorials
  • Hall of fame

Gameplay
  • In-Game statistics
  • Tactics selection
  • Custom difficulty / adjustments

Play now
  • State leagues

Players and coaches
  • Update player ratings to reflect the current performance
  • Update coach and player likenesses

Season
  • Custom competition
  • State league selections
  • State league finals fixtures

• Custom match
  • Crossplay
  • Leaderboards

Academy
  • Logo creator
  • Guernsey creator/editor
  • Quick codes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me last week when they introduced the shrugging tackle animation (Thursday-Friday night) was when the gameplay was the most fun for me. When they nerfed the shrugging tackle in weekend patches, it's slowly regressed a little imo.

And I get that, I've been saying it on other forums where they make positive steps with some things but negative steps in others patch by patch. I get it's a balancing act, don't want to make the game ridiculously easy, but not super hard either.
They shouldn't have taken that away, should have just added some sort of tackling support feature, like slapping the ball out of the opposition players hands who are being tackled, or gang tackling.

One thing that’s bugging me is that there’s so much room bottom right of screen and yet we have no choice but to scroll through our list to select a team. Utilise this space for team selection.
I don’t have a lot of positive things to say about Evo, I hated that game so much but their team management layout was awesome.
I think it's because if you're in play now, the other team's interchange uses that space. Definitely agree that some of the space should be used though. Scrolling is a pain. Maybe move the player info up and have the bench under there?

Can't agree about Evo though. Can't remember Evo 1 but Evo 2 was shocking. 2 lines per screen, had to scroll through forwards, then centres, then backs... Team lineups is something that no game has ever really gotten perfect. IMO you need the full field on screen. Viewing the reserves when there's 20 of them is always going to be the hitch.

I have asked this a few times with no answer. If you select auto-negotiate it seems to offer a contract he'll accept.
Ahh yeah fair enough. I’ll give that a whirl. Would hate to lose him haha

Ive lodged a ticket around Font size....nothing back as yet!

Every time I try to join local two player controller I get this and then it crashes to the menu, the second player account is already signed in too is there a fix?

Attachments

• IMG_1262.jpeg
    IMG_1262.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
Ive lodged a ticket around Font size....nothing back as yet!
I also logged one for that exact issue/feature request. Didn’t want to muddle it as a bug but hoping they read the feature requests we send too

Does anybody else not receive a single free kick?
Anytime I perform a tackle that should be either holding the ball or incorrect disposal, the opposition just get back up and play on with the footy.View attachment 1691199

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Every time I lay a tackle the opponent just stands up and runs away and I can’t tackle them again. So stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back