PS5 God of War - Story thread - Spoiler Warning

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
This is the thread for anything explicitly story related. Usual spoiler rules apply so use spoiler tags and some sort of vague description of what you are relating too.

Spoiler tags are just [ spoiler ] spoiler here without spaces [ / spoiler ]

You can also add a short note in the tag by doing [ spoiler = note example ]

Example:

Brief and vague description of what I'm referring to
Actual spoiler content here
tommy wiseau mark GIF by The Room

So after the second time in the story playing as Atreus

in Ironwood it just feels too long. I don't mind small sections as Atreus, like playing as Ciri in Witcher, it tells the story. But this section just felt like a drag. Getting around on Jalla might have been OK as the chapter feels like it's supposed to be a change of pace and to tell us more about the prophecy, but after the third time punctuated by walking, talking and a bit of combat I was honestly a bit over it

Late game character identity reveal. Exact location in story feels very close to a point of no return if there is in fact one.

wow wow wow, hold up. Odin was impersonating Tyr the entire time?! I don't think I picked up on a single clue that was the case

Late game character identity reveal. Exact location in story feels very close to a point of no return if there is in fact one.

wow wow wow, hold up. Odin was impersonating Tyr the entire time?! I don't think I picked up on a single clue that was the case
Huge wow moment, I normally pick up on twist very early but this one got me blind sided. Made so much sense given how the character acted throughout

After about 45 hours I finaly beat the story man what a game.

There were times where Tyr sounded a bit sus but man I did not see the twist coming where he was Odin the whole time holly cow what shock made sense too.

Also love the character development of Sindri. He's totaly angry at Kartos and Atreus and blaming them for Brok dying I thought he would forgive them but nope I'm intrested to see where they will take his story next.

Odin killing Thor that's your son what a piece of s**t.

Enjoying the post game stuff with Freya by your side.

Easily my game of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

*. I was too confident :(

Edit: * and another one. I'll stay out of this thread til I am finished.

* sake: Now opened this thread thinking it was the other and read pantskyles post.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After about 45 hours I finaly beat the story man what a game.

There were times where Tyr sounded a bit sus but man I did not see the twist coming where he was Odin the whole time holly cow what shock made sense too.

Also love the character development of Sindri. He's totaly angry at Kartos and Atreus and blaming them for Brok dying I thought he would forgive them but nope I'm intrested to see where they will take his story next.

Odin killing Thor that's your son what a piece of s**t.

Enjoying the post game stuff with Freya by your side.

Easily my game of the year

Finished it yesterday, around the say time as well. The story was fantastic, really damn good, some sections were a little slow but were fine overall.

Sindri is probably the one character who I was annoyed at how they ended it for him, I was hoping he would have a suitable conclusion, hit the feels with him. I suspect we'll get a game or DLC about Atreus finding the other giants and Sindri will appear and we'll get him a happy ending.

Last edited:

Has anyone done any investigation on how it all worked yet?

My only thing, while an amazing twist, is I'm not sure if it could've worked in how we saw all the chains of events happening.

As in,
can Odin split himself, so he could be in two places at once? Or was it literally him as Tyr when we saw that and obviously him as Odin when we saw him. Because that's the part that seemed like there could be some plot holes in.

Also I'd love to know if there were actual clues hidden throughout as well.

Just finished, great game.
The Thor & Odin fights were great. Apart from the yak section I really liked the switches to Atreus. Also enjoyed having Freya as a companion.
Not many faults or things I didn't like. Neck and neck with Elden Ring for my goty. Think it took me 40 hours all up. Unsure if I can be bothered with the rest of the post game. I did most things I found apart from bezerkers

Just finished, great game.
The Thor & Odin fights were great. Apart from the yak section I really liked the switches to Atreus. Also enjoyed having Freya as a companion.
Not many faults or things I didn't like. Neck and neck with Elden Ring for my goty. Think it took me 40 hours all up. Unsure if I can be bothered with the rest of the post game. I did most things I found apart from bezerkers
Did you do the funeral quest for Brok?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back