Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Had a great game this morning, only noticed two things in live gameplay.

• After a behind the player on the mark defending is stuck in their position, so they can’t run until well after the ball is kicked.
  • Every so often a handball veers a stray, but maybe that is just where I’ve pointed the direction without realising.

Overall, it’s looking more and more like FIFA crafted AFL game and it’s an exciting prospect. People may scoff at that, but it is becoming a very impressive sports game.

Last edited:

Honest answers, is the game playable to the point where spending $100 is worth it? (on PC)
Depends what you're expecting and how patient you are. If you want a good AFL game that plays better than the others, then yes. If you're expecting a good AFL game that plays better than the others but has no bugs, all the features right now and a seamless experience, then no. We all have differing views on the game at the moment but those that are playing it consistently are enjoying it and just logging the bugs as they come.

$100 purchase is a lot to me and I only do it two-three times a year at most, but I'm a mad footy fan who knows their prices don't fluctuate, so i've been on the journey since day 1 and whilst grumpy about how it started, am quite pleased with what is coming to fruition

As there was an issue with auto-handballing we've made a new Steam patch that will go live imminently.

PS4 / PS5 will not get the patch until tonight.

Depends what you're expecting and how patient you are. If you want a good AFL game that plays better than the others, then yes. If you're expecting a good AFL game that plays better than the others but has no bugs, all the features right now and a seamless experience, then no. We all have differing views on the game at the moment but those that are playing it consistently are enjoying it and just logging the bugs as they come.

$100 purchase is a lot to me and I only do it two-three times a year at most, but I'm a mad footy fan who knows their prices don't fluctuate, so i've been on the journey since day 1 and whilst grumpy about how it started, am quite pleased with what is coming to fruition
I think if it can't be all patched up, then wait until a second iteration of this new base game. I'd hope they'll iron everything out by then, hopefully the gameplay will be more advanced, too.

I think if it can't be all patched up, then wait until a second iteration of this new base game. I'd hope they'll iron everything out by then, hopefully the gameplay will be more advanced, too.

BigAntStudios can you guys confirm there will be multiple iterations this time around? Please dont let WW get the rights again 😉

What’s the go with spoiling? The other day it was spoil just after the vibration and it will work 45% of the time
Now they’re seems to be no timing to it at all

How so? I just time it, jump then spoil and it works a lot of the time. If I mistime it then they just take a grab.
If you can, I reckon try and post up a video of the spoil. I think people the who are having trouble, are probs gonna think you’re talking BS lol. I seen videos and streams with spoils in em but then I’ve seen others complain 🤷🏻

BigAntStudios can you guys confirm there will be multiple iterations this time around? Please dont let WW get the rights again 😉
Guess a lot of that depends on the success of Pro Team whenever that launches. If the game isn't passable to the general public and they release Pro Team, it busts and all those licenses are wasted, then who knows. For what it's worth, I think it will be fine by Xbox release whenever that be. Either way, the game has sold amazingly so there is a thirst for the game there and it would be madness not to go again. Whether thats AFL24 or we just get a season pack and a new one in 25, who knows. Big Ant love footy and aren't controlled by TruBlu or whoever it was before, so we have that on our side for future games

We're committed to AFL, personally and professionally, it is a long term commitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios, any updates on user tactics being added given they were meant to be in by Monday just gone?

It’s the one thing really hindering my experience (online) right now.

Edit: Actually it was last Friday they were meant to be added by.

Last edited:
X4ffkUF.png

I knew I was screwed when Port Adelaide scored a goal within the first 14 seconds of the match :p :( :p

I use Side Close - Height 55
- FOV 100
Side Normal (35/100) I've found gives the best view upfield but the trade off is not seeing the models in any real detail and can be tough in congested situations.

I like Side Close for the quality, but found I could never tell who I was kicking it to.

Last edited:
No idea
I think its either random or L2 T or L2 R2 T
Hopefully BA will advise us?
It's in the Guide... lol. LT+Triangle
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I’ve been doing it for a while
Maybe I’m just thinking of Evo 2
No, you are correct. Hold Square+LS away from boundary.

As for spoils, RT+RS a little earlier than you would to mark. Although Speccie spoiling is in now, so you could try that with L2+RS.

Sucks about the auto handballing... was looking forward to a few games on PS5 today, but tomorrow it is.

View attachment 1690587

Had a flick through the full player listings. All state leagues and players are already in the game to view but obviously unable to play as them.

Interestingly Martin Fredrick that got delisted from the power and found a new home at the double blues (Sturt in the SANFL for those not aware) has a proper face scan. All the other guys were the standard clone bald bloke. Almost every team wether it be sanfl, wafl, vfl had a player that was scanned but 90% weren’t.
I'd imagine everyone that was on an AFL list last year is scanned. Jarrod Lienert looks great as well (in North's VFL side now), I picked him up in the mid season draft to finally get him in the right colours.

I just played a game after not playing since Monday and…….wtf!!! What did these patches do lol the game is so much…choppier now. The marking, running handballs, kicking all have this really odd sucked in feel to them like not remotely free flowing at all. Tackles are massively delayed also to the point I get frees called after the player dropped the ball, picked it back up and kicked it already. Man this was so much better a week ago 🤯 and dont get me started on swapping players (my setting was on manual). Wow.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I just suck at the game with its new patches.

Last edited:
Side medium I've found gives the best view upfield but the trade off is not seeing the models in any real detail and can be tough in congested situations.

I like Side Close for the quality, but found I could never tell who I was kicking it to.
I gave both a try last night.... You could almost get the same view with the configurations.
I was using Side Dynamic with a large FOV and small height.... but might switch to Side Normal, medium FOV, small height.

I just played a game after not playing since Monday and…….wtf!!! What did these patches do lol the game is so much…choppier now. The marking, running handballs, kicking all have this really odd sucked in feel to them like not remotely free flowing at all. Tackles are massively delayed also to the point I get frees called after the player dropped the ball, picked it back up and kicked it already. Man this was so much better a week ago 🤯 and dont get me started on swapping players (my setting was on manual). Wow.
Swapping players is by far better since Monday. As is the rest of the game... really confusing post compared to my experience.

See this.... I was thinking the same thing
Yeah but the patch below would have been submitted earlier so I would have thought we’d get that this morning, which Steam got last night and the auto handball fix tonight? Maybe they just pulled the console patch and will add it with the handball fix patch 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_6660.jpeg
    IMG_6660.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back