Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Steam patch went out earlier today.

We're in the office awaiting PS patch to push through.

Is this a normal waiting period between steam releases and console release?

Contemplating getting it on steam for this reason alone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One thing about this little echo chamber everyone is screaming into is that, most of it BA won’t see cause he would have pressed ‘ignore’ on them ages ago…..I sometimes wonder if they realise that fact…….

I’ve personally ignored a lot of the people in the threads, can still read what they post, just comes up as “show spoiler”. Could definitely still be possible for BA to view some of the comments by them

Yeah there's a lack of 'in control' feel sometimes when you swap to a player. I actually just played a game where i kicked the ball to space for my player to run on to the ball and they refused to turn more than 5 degrees per step and just ended up running the ball out of bounds. I'm happy for players to be slower from standing still as previous games basically went 0-100 when you moved but the current state is a long way off being enjoyable.

I also wanted to remind PS users who gloated about being the superior platform that y'all still don't got a patch ;) #PCMasterRace
The PC patch doesn't fix all the key issues, it's still very broken. I have never had such a hard time changing direction in a sports game.

If they add in guernsey and logo creator for a few weeks while sorting out the gameplay, I'd take that at this stage

I’ve personally ignored a lot of the people in the threads, can still read what they post, just comes up as “show spoiler”. Could definitely still be possible for BA to view some of the comments by them

I’m the same………sometimes I press ‘show ignored’ cause I wanna have a laugh. but why would BA even bother though? the ones he has ignored I would think he knows don’t have anything constructive and those who are constructive and use this thread to ask reasonable questions I would think BA has not pressed ignore on.

Hey BigAnt could you make team walkout anthems a little longer and winning team anthems longer as well, it just brings more excitement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The PC patch doesn't fix all the key issues, it's still very broken. I have never had such a hard time changing direction in a sports game.
Never claimed it did, hence the long list of wishful fixes. But it has made it a far more playable game than it was pre-patch. That's something.

The biggest degenerates of all in this situation are the streamers who lied about the game and it’s quality

I get why Big Ant would lie etc but Twistie and co being liars on their behalf with so little incentive or gain just shows how little respect they have for their audience. Sold them out for a few bucks. Atleast Big Ant sold people out for millions of dollars
If you could change your life by talking out of your arse you would do it to, can't blame them, I dont think they deliberately look to mislead people though that's a step too far, just stretch the truth a bit.

If you could change your life by talking out of your arse you would do it to, can't blame them, I dont think they deliberately look to mislead people though that's a step too far, just stretch the truth a bit.

I think they mean to stretch the truth but this time was too big a stretch so just looks deliberate and condescending mostly

No sympathy for me. They should have more self awareness

I’m yet to win a single game on the hard difficulty? I know the game is hot garbage right now but it feels like anything I do just doesn’t work. The controls.. like I have no control? I’m playing on hard and find it easier to win on hardest. I guess it’s good cause I find it to be a challenge but heck me. Can’t even tackle consistently. I’ll be refunding this tomorrow if s**t doesn’t get fixed

Steam patch went out earlier today.

We're in the office awaiting PS patch to push through.
steam pc patch has made the game really quite enjoyable to play..

a few gremlins to work through post patch
  • interchange
  • clearance handballs
  • handball receives

but the patch, it makes a world of difference

They forget it’s their followers that make them not the devs.

steam pc patch has made the game really quite enjoyable to play..

a few gremlins to work through post patch
  • interchange
  • clearance handballs
  • handball receives

but the patch, it makes a world of difference
made gameplay better but doesn't change the fact there is essentially 3 modes at the moment; quick play, management and season...
Content is just about dead. People would love to play a Player Career I'd imagine, and everyone knows just how hyped ProTeam is, even then gotta wait til Xbox's release for that "according to an ex-AFL player" since the company won't specify when that'll be dropping. Best thing for those who haven't got it yet; hold off for patches and content to be out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back