Poo Mega Thread AFL asking Eagles to delay bye so Richmond doesnt need to travel twice to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

We are travelling twice to WA anyway as we are going back to Sydney after tonights game.

That also doesn't make much sense - unless everything you need for post-match, training etc is in Sydney?

It has nothing to do with travel burden as Richmond are flying back to Sydney in between the matches
It's everything to do with not having to have a team on the road for 5 weeks straight and border issues between Vic & WA
Exactly. If we were allowed back in Melbourne then I wouldn’t have cared one bit about travelling twice. It’s more about trying to avoid travelling for 4 or 5 weeks straight without going home. That isn’t anything that non-Victorians normally do (not including hubs). Brisbane only spent 3 weeks on the road earlier this year.

Would you rather spend a week in WA under strict conditions, or spend a week in relative freedom in Sydney?
Oh is that why? Are WA requiring the non-WA AFL players to stay in their hotel or something? Genuinely curious because I don’t know why they’d stay in Sydney either

Neutral venue. Agreed.

Its the fairest outcome. We lost our home ground advantage last week so its only fair.
Wait what?? You have a homeground advantage at the MCG?? But MCG tenants keep telling us there's no home ground advantage because they share the ground with other clubs??? Ugh I'm so confused!!!

Oh is that why? Are WA requiring the non-WA AFL players to stay in their hotel or something? Genuinely curious because I don’t know why they’d stay in Sydney either
A Richmond poster on our board is claiming the team would have to spend the week in a hotel if they stay here. Not sure how true it is but it wouldn't surprise me, that's how it was done last year.

A Richmond poster on our board is claiming the team would have to spend the week in a hotel if they stay here. Not sure how true it is but it wouldn't surprise me, that's how it was done last year.
That seems to be the case as the team has been out of Victoria for less than 14 days before arriving in WA, so if they were to stay in Perth after Dreamtime they'd need to stay in isolation.

I'm in WA and I don't have a clue. I don't think anyone does. Football or otherwise.

The AFL can't fixture anything at this stage. Who knows where COVID will strike next?

It's a day by day, week by week, thing at this stage. Sorry for the cliche.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prime time Sunday night nationally, WA teams should make this slot a regular thing, every 4 or 5 times a year

Here's West Coast's biggest sook, late to the party but here now.

By the time West Coast played Richmond in late August last year Richmond had been in a hub for seven weeks, had just travelled to Darwin and back and were playing off five days, having played five days before that (3 games in 10 days). They'd also had a trip to Adelaide and Sydney thrown in there. Meanwhile West Coast had had six games at home, all a week apart and were travelling for the first time since early July and playing their third game in 11 days.

But the AFL were maximising for Richmond. You can't make this sh*t this up.

And no-one has mentioned the burden of travel. It's the burden of being away from home for an extra week after they'd been given 12 hours to mobilise.
Yeah but look what happened by season's end, all that travel took its toll and they only won the GF by 5 goals. In a normal season it would've been more, much more.

Prime time Sunday night nationally, WA teams should make this slot a regular thing, every 4 or 5 times a year
**** no, its the single worst ****ing timeslot and should be pissed off altogether. Only suits greedy networks.

My offshore rotations 6 weeks and always seems to feel a lot longer than 29 days!!

But you signed up for that when you signed your contract, Richmond players didn’t sign up for that length of time away from home.

I know the out West FIFO work is common, but the expectations of that type of employment shouldn’t be forced on the rest of the world

I imagine there will have to be a change in fixtures, it is hard to see Geelong being able to stay overnight in Adelaide based on what Collingwood has gone through so I think Thursday night might have to be moved to a day game.

Yeah, it's completely unfair that West Coast got an unprecedented 6 games in their home state in a row whilst Richmond were forced to hub away from home, as opposed to Richmond's 4 games in their home state in a row while West Coast were forced to hub away from home.

But yeah, 6 games in a row in your home state is pretty cushy. Richmond haven't had that privilege since *checks notes* 2019. (Which was 7. All at your home ground).

I couldn't care less about moving this game (except for from a supercoach perspective), it probably does make sense to move it if both teams are happy, but fu**, spare me this woe is me Victorian nonsense for the second year in a row after every other instance of unfairness is weighted to be in the big Vic club's favour.

Like Port had (checks notes) in 2020.......

I imagine there will have to be a change in fixtures, it is hard to see Geelong being able to stay overnight in Adelaide based on what Collingwood has gone through so I think Thursday night might have to be moved to a day game.
Would be a real shame if the game got moved to the scg....

Ess stayed the week there so presumably not limited to the hotel. The AFL release says Tigers are going to Sydney after Dreamtime and will fly back to Perth for the Eagles game.

fu** off you sooky WCE eagle campaigners. Poor you guys again (just like last year) getting a massive leg up playing at your home ground and not having to travel or live away from your families for an extended period of time.
You are the most pathetic supporter base i have ever witnessed. Man up and play the game soft *****.
Yeah massive advantage to Richmond this, living in Sydney and playing a fly in/fly out arrangement while WCE players train at their facilities and sleep on their own beds. Pathetic.
The only people sooking are the tigers fans who got their way anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back