AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

GF,

Any more on the women's brawl? Not really something needed in a women's game, certainly not a practice match.

On anothre note, well done Cooma, always putting together a good carnival to help promote the game. Good bunch of blokes to play against as well.

Poor form putting Div 1 players into the game. Just because it has happened before still doesn't make it a good thing to do especially against Div 4 players. Although as GF said, good for the inexperienced to follow and learn.

Anyway, moving along. Looking forward to the start of the season. Hope this rain isn't anything to go by lol...

Big Daddy - the womens game was abandoned after an all. The Tuggeranong Coach decided to withdraw the team and the game was abandoned.

Can't really blame them for walking off. There isn't much lower that spitting in the face of your opponent on the footy field. Talk of some of the belconnen players thinking about changing clubs due because they were that disgusted by the efforts of their team mates and the lack of action from their coach/father.

Can't really blame them for walking off. There isn't much lower that spitting in the face of your opponent on the footy field. Talk of some of the belconnen players thinking about changing clubs due because they were that disgusted by the efforts of their team mates and the lack of action from their coach/father.

Massive shame. Girls footy is 99% of the time played in great spirit. But there's always a couple of thugs in every sport.

In other news, ANU and Gungahlin had a good hitout at South Oval.

Well fu@# me, Spoiler commenting on Belconnen once again. And once again his comments are ill-informed. Do you think you will ever post anything that isn't trying to slur the Magpies? What is the go Spoiler, are you still bitter about the pies giving you the flick?? Please do us all a favour and build a bridge and get the fu#$ over it....

Well fu@# me, Spoiler commenting on Belconnen once again. And once again his comments are ill-informed. Do you think you will ever post anything that isn't trying to slur the Magpies? What is the go Spoiler, are you still bitter about the pies giving you the flick?? Please do us all a favour and build a bridge and get the fu#$ over it....

So if Spoilers comments are ill-informed, what did actually happen to warrant the abandonment of the game??

If people from different clubs are all talking about it, are they all ill-informed or slurring the Magpies?

As Steamboat asked, what DID happen if The Spoiler is talking rubbish?

The game was about 5 minutes old when a Tuggeranong player hit a Belconnen player late and high, then the melee started. Players from both sides got involved and 2 Tuggeranong players were then sent from the field. The umpires then payed a free kick to Tuggeranong for some reason and the game continued. After the free kick was taken one of the Tuggeranong players who had been sent from the field ran back on and struck a Belconnen player in the back and another melee started. The Tuggeranong coach then made the decision to call her players off and the game was stopped. Some of the Tuggeranong players were incensed as in the first melee a Belconnen player was said to have spat at one of their players. There were claims that the umpires had lost control, but this is not the case and both clubs need to have a good hard look at themslves before the season starts. The Belconnen player who was alleged to have spat on a Tuggeranong player should be missing the first couple of games if they are fair dinkum. There is no place in any sport for that kind of behaviour.

Who is to blame for the abandonment of the game is neither here nor there. What is disappointing from an organizing point of view is to see the game end up like that when the sole aim of the day is to promote AFL in our town. Hopefully some lessons can be learned by all parties and the next carnival can be even more successful.

Any news on the Hawks ? with the inclusion of a fours team i expected that there would be a lot more clearances.Did they have an access from last year? Time will tell i guess i know boof said that some juggers were going back there to play but there is no clearences from bidgee to hawks.
Did those blokes change there mind ?

1 week left bring it on :D

Hey Southcab, clearances are going through now, no changed minds.

The last few years have seen the numbers slowly grow (both at the senior and district levels) to a stage where we could enter a fourth division team with surplus players and those who have come to the club from others.

I think it gives hope to teams like Gungahlin and RMC. It takes time to build sides and while you may start off as the whipping boys, things will eventually change. I hope to see some big improvements from the HAWKS this year as it will be the first time I have a side that has not changed from the previous year.

Time to stop talking and start actioning..?

And just on a separate note, the former shadow of himself is coming up for the big 300 just quietly (shh I know he peruses this site).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last few years have seen the numbers slowly grow (both at the senior and district levels) to a stage where we could enter a fourth division team with surplus players and those who have come to the club from others.

I think it gives hope to teams like Gungahlin and RMC. It takes time to build sides and while you may start off as the whipping boys, things will eventually change. I hope to see some big improvements from the HAWKS this year as it will be the first time I have a side that has not changed from the previous year.

And just on a separate note, the former shadow of himself is coming up for the big 300 just quietly (shh I know he peruses this site).

It is great for not only the Hawks but also Div 4 footy to have another side.:thumbsu: Don't worry about being whipping boys lol, we were thoroughly whipped last year. Probably get a spanking this year too however as long as we are fielding a side and enjoying the Footy regardless it doesn't really matter, it is Div 4.

Good luck this season boys!

Thanks for the reply Normo,i wish you all the best for the season.For what its worth i dont think you will be the whipping boys at all, infact i suspect that you will be very competitive.:thumbsu:

Thanks for the reply Normo,i wish you all the best for the season.For what its worth i dont think you will be the whipping boys at all, infact i suspect that you will be very competitive.:thumbsu:

impossible to predict but heres a crack at div 4 ladder

BELCO
YASS
ANU
TUGGERANONG
EASTLAKE
GOULBURN
HARMAN
COOMA
MURRUMBIDGEE
COOTA
ADFA
GUNGAHLIN

BELCO
YASS
ANU
TUGGERANONG
EASTLAKE
GOULBURN
HARMAN
COOMA
MURRUMBIDGEE
COOTA
ADFA
GUNGAHLIN

I'm going to go with the following?

Belco
ANU
Eastlake
Yass
Goulburn
Harman
Cooma
Coota
ADFA
Gungahlin
Tuggeranong
Bidgee

I'm in 2 minds about a few placings but will stick with it.

Yass
Anu
Eastlake
Tuggeranong:D

Maybe i should have included coota in the mix what with there new signings form tassie, hume leauge, two former jets,along with x anu div 3 player hamill these 6 should well and truly bolster what is belived to be a very young coota side.With yass playing them today its a shame they didnt get them all cleared in time.:D
Good to see coota working hard to make div 4 a better comp.:thumbsu:
Good luck to everyone playing today.:footy:

BELCO
YASS
ANU
TUGGERANONG
EASTLAKE
GOULBURN
HARMAN
COOMA
MURRUMBIDGEE
COOTA
ADFA
GUNGAHLIN

Can't see Belco finishing on top, especially after they went down easily to ANU today.

Just as important...is there a decent Fish & Chip shop in Gunghalin?...if not, where's the closest?

Hard to come by in Canberra, only one I occasionally go to is out at Fyshwick markets.

Coota by 5 goals over yass today:(

Wow, pretty impressive. :thumbsu:

Jets went down to a poor kicking Harman. Something like 11.19. However we had some new players show some very good signs and some good passages of play. Certainly better conditions to that of last year and a big improvement for us.

Hawks beat Cooma 91-35. Nice work for the new Div 4 side.

Also interesting to see Eastlake had a couple of Div 1 and 2 players getting around in Div 3. Fringe players no worries but guys like Jason Duce, Ben Maiden and Max Wilson from Div 1, Christohper Mclachlan and Declan O'Rourke from Div 2. These Div 2 guys fringe players? Not likely given they played 17/18 matches last season. There was also a couple of players who were/are fringe Div 1 and played most of the time in Div 2. :rolleyes:

Anyway.... any other results/surprises for the weekend?

anyone been carded yet?

coota player givin yellow card today for off ball incident,umpy gives COOTA free kick in front of goal then waits for coota to replace the carded player.I guess it will take time to get it rite.

Longhaul coota not impressive yass played with 15 players and lost 1 in the third quater with a broken ankle,broken bottom teeth and was last night sent to wagga for cat scan on his neck .Coota with 22(24) i didnt think went that well.We were in it untill the last quater when they seemed to be everywhere.

Nice win by the hawks any news Normo ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back