AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Having lead for most of the day in windy conditions, it was cruel to go down in the final minutes. Cummins, Ash and Rath had valuable touches towards the end which stifled our attack. Toby looks to be a bad roll with the ankle. With treatment should be ok moving forward. Utility Tim Smeeth was a late withdrawal with a glute. Should be pushing for selection this week. Any injuries updates you guys? Ruckman Haigh (shoulder) and Charry ankle? Congratulations on making the Grand Final. Played the home ground well. Our scoreline of 9.16, was identical to the Cooma Cats in yesterdays victory. Hopefully both sides can sharpen up round the big sticks for this weeks battle!

Haighy was having a week to recover from a knock last week, Chappo was a cork but should be fine with the extra week to recover.

Good luck to you guys and also the Cats this weekend.

Cooma paper is saying that Yass only had 14 players at the start and then players kept joining till the end of the game , what is happening there?

Cooma paper is saying that Yass only had 14 players at the start and then players kept joining till the end of the game , what is happening there?
Yass didnt take a bus , maybe the traffic was thick and they all didnt make it on time. Bit of a joke this division now. No disrespect to cooma but a team that had 3 forfeits during the year is now playing off for a grand final spot

I agree the division is a joke. Yass started with 17 to 18 and had 20 to 22 not to long after that. Bit disappointed that we forfeited 3 times but can't account for injuries and could've easily forfeited to coota 2nd last game but played with 16 and no reserves. So proud of my team and hopefully we can give Coota a good run this weekend

5 of the Roos players are from the same family and are God botherers. They were originally not going to play as the game was Sunday. However sero managed to talk them into it with the understanding that they were always going to be late to Cooma. It did not affect the games outcome Cooma were simply to good. They may just surprise Coota too this weekend as well .

So big day at Gungahlin oval next Saturday.
4th Grade 10.30 Am Anu v Harman , tipping Anu
3rd Grade 1 pm Woden v Anu , tipping Woden
Regional Grade 3.30 pm Goulburn v Cootamundra, tipping Coota .
Good luck to all who are involved .

Well done to Goulburn on the win.

Harman with about the most hollow premiership ever you'd think?

Interesting that Tuggies smoked Belco in the 2s as well, Belco have been a cut above all year.

Gotta praise Woden as well. They recruited well and trained hard. Top job

Not sure how I feel about Harman. Obviously not great dropping a 3s and 4s team to 1 single 4s team and winning it all however if they aren't in 4s this season looks like uni walk through another trophy which isn't great either

Well done to Goulburn on the win.

Harman with about the most hollow premiership ever you'd think?

Interesting that Tuggies smoked Belco in the 2s as well, Belco have been a cut above all year.
Im not sure the players wiyld be thinking that Tommy, the whole league is screwed up but you cant blame the players for that. Just out of curiosity how many flags do you think goulburn would have won if rusty was coach for the past 4 or 5 years ?? I reckon at least 3

Im not sure the players wiyld be thinking that Tommy, the whole league is screwed up but you cant blame the players for that. Just out of curiosity how many flags do you think goulburn would have won if rusty was coach for the past 4 or 5 years ?? I reckon at least 3

Were the winners
11 Tuggers no
12 Uni maybe
13 Uni no
14 Coota no
15 Goulburn yes

if that accurate then strongly disagree

Just seemed an extremely favourable outcome for a side that had a bloke working at AFL Canberra is all Ando, especially on the back of the "all one team clubs must play regional grade" BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably wouldn't mind seeing a game between Goulburn and Harman, come to think of it.

Another can of worms this 1. I personally think Goulburn would belt Harman. Thoughts?

Another can of worms this 1. I personally think Goulburn would belt Harman. Thoughts?

I only saw Harman once, and it was the QF where ANU belted them so probably not the best judge of it, but I'd have thought the Swans would do them by 6-8 goals.

Just seemed an extremely favourable outcome for a side that had a bloke working at AFL Canberra is all Ando, especially on the back of the "all one team clubs must play regional grade" BS.
Have to say I agree with this ,Especially as though Harman allegedly ended up with a rumoured 50 players .Wonder if Actew will become the Major sponsor at the hogs now giving that that same bloke is now there in the sponsor ship division.

What about this one. From 2008 till now which div 4 team has been the most dominant in a single year. Probably biased but i reckon the yass team of 2008. Should have gone through whole season undefeated if it wasnt for a stacked gungahlin first final. Tough question but i reckon yass 2008 followed by coota 2014 and goulburn then anu ? Thoughts. Oops i forgot tuggers but we all now what happened that year :)

What about this one. From 2008 till now which div 4 team has been the most dominant in a single year. Probably biased but i reckon the yass team of 2008. Should have gone through whole season undefeated if it wasnt for a stacked gungahlin first final. Tough question but i reckon yass 2008 followed by coota 2014 and goulburn then anu ? Thoughts. Oops i forgot tuggers but we all now what happened that year :)
Goulburn I reckon followed by Anu then Yass then Coota .

Tuggers were by far the most dominant one year, I actually heard when you got dropped from 4th's you went in to their 2nds team haha.

ANU are the most consistent over the last few years, if they didn't get pushed up they would've made finals every year.

I think Saturday was really well organised and run, congrats to AFL Canberra for that.

OTE="NovIsBack, post: 40426784, member: 145321"]Haighy was having a week to recover from a knock last week, Chappo was a cork but should be fine with the extra week to recover.

Good luck to you guys and also the Cats this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations to Goulburn on the premiership win. Showed us up on the big stage and played a great brand of footy. We set ourselves for the game and couldn't stand up to the swans intensity.Enjoy the celebrations :)

Any thoughts on the league best and fairest? I will take a stab at the top 5.
Phil Bird (1st)
Dale Cummins (2nd)
Heath Russell (3rd)
Steve Bahr (4 th)
Dylan McDermott (5th)

Thanks Clarkeovalblue, Feeling the pinch today. Loved the Blues mad Monday kits!

Maybe Pearson or Conway sneak into the 5 somewhere but those players will all be in the mix.

OTE="NovIsBack, post: 40426784, member: 145321"]Haighy was having a week to recover from a knock last week, Chappo was a cork but should be fine with the extra week to recover.

Good luck to you guys and also the Cats this weekend.
Congratulations to Goulburn on the premiership win. Showed us up on the big stage and played a great brand of footy. We set ourselves for the game and couldn't stand up to the swans intensity.Enjoy the celebrations :)

Any thoughts on the league best and fairest? I will take a stab at the top 5.
Phil Bird (1st)
Dale Cummins (2nd)
Heath Russell (3rd)
Steve Bahr (4 th)
Dylan McDermott (5th)[/QUOTE]

Heath Russell first daylight second ,Then bird, and Bahr .

When do they re-visit the structure of the comps? Is it staying the same or will it change? It will have a bearing on all clubs so i'm thinking the sooner the better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back