AFL Canberra Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Coota over the Swans, down by 55 at 3qtr time, gave them a scare to be down by 10 with 6 to go but they got a goal on the siren. Cracking game.

Yass over Ainslie today in a very even contest

Congrats to Yass yesterday, was an arm wrestle for 3qtrs but your boys were able to sustain the intensity for longer and ran away with it deservedly for that.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to come and congratulate you at the end as I had to suit up for the 3s game, but well done and well deserved.

Congrats to Yass yesterday, was an arm wrestle for 3qtrs but your boys were able to sustain the intensity for longer and ran away with it deservedly for that.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to come and congratulate you at the end as I had to suit up for the 3s game, but well done and well deserved.
Thanks mate pretty even contest , you blokes have some pretty handy blokes running around again this year . Ainslie at Ainslie is always a tough ask , and it's a game my blokes look forward to . Good luck to your club for the rest of the season

As expected huge last few rounds. Adfa, Goulburn, Yass and Ainslie and the slightest possibility of Belconnen (pending results) all fighting for those spots. A loss and your season could be over. This is what I love about footy.

As expected huge last few rounds. Adfa, Goulburn, Yass and Ainslie and the slightest possibility of Belconnen (pending results) all fighting for those spots. A loss and your season could be over. This is what I love about footy.
Predictions?

ADFA and Woden seem the most likely to drop out based on their draw but anything can happen.
Cooma playing good footy by the looks. Coota and Yass a lock for top 2 imo. ANU struggling, not sure when they get all their injured players back. Someone from Goulburn said they are struggling week in for numbers but can't write them off. Ainslies draw with Woden might come back to bite them
For me Top 6 with zero confidence
Coota
Yass
Cooma
ANU
Goulburn
Woden

Reckon ANU will be a bit stronger this week, set themselves up for a run into finals. Not sure their best is good enough to beat the regional teams though.

Reckon ANU will be a bit stronger this week, set themselves up for a run into finals. Not sure their best is good enough to beat the regional teams though.

Anu are my tip to win it all.... again, at a minimum they are in the gf every year and only ever beaten by a stacked side. Hopefully not though if we play them ☺

ADFA and Woden seem the most likely to drop out based on their draw but anything can happen.
Cooma playing good footy by the looks. Coota and Yass a lock for top 2 imo. ANU struggling, not sure when they get all their injured players back. Someone from Goulburn said they are struggling week in for numbers but can't write them off. Ainslies draw with Woden might come back to bite them
For me Top 6 with zero confidence
Coota
Yass
Cooma
ANU
Goulburn
Woden

I agree with most of this mate but you got yass to finish top 2 after reg season?

1 - Coota
2 - Cats
3 - Woden
4 - Yass
5 - ANU
6 - Goulburn

Based on that, week 1 of finals could seen an elimination final between last years grand finalists Yass and ANU. Anu are starting to grab their players back this week so that will be good for them. Ainslie and Belconnen miss out in my prediction but looking at the draw those two teams can upset a few teams above them if they turn up which could shake the whole top 6 order around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with most of this mate but you got yass to finish top 2 after reg season?
The only other team I see with a draw that they mightn't lose a game is ANU so that was my only other team I would of had there but with their current form I had them dropping one.
Yass have Batemans Bay, ADFA, Belco and Tuggers with the two tougher games at home. I gave Goulburn a win against Cooma (only because if home ground) which would place those two on equal win % but Yass have a better percentage with more chance to boost that further.
Again I'm only throwing darts at a board.
Who would you have as second?
My other six I was throwing up
Coota, ANU, Yass, Cats, Woden, Goulburn/ADFA

The only other team I see with a draw that they mightn't lose a game is ANU so that was my only other team I would of had there but with their current form I had them dropping one.
Yass have Batemans Bay, ADFA, Belco and Tuggers with the two tougher games at home. I gave Goulburn a win against Cooma (only because if home ground) which would place those two on equal win % but Yass have a better percentage with more chance to boost that further.
Again I'm only throwing darts at a board.

Yeah mate sorry i didn't realize that if we lose 1 and yass win out they are ahead of us on percentage. Also though uni have to lose 2 of remaining 4 which is probably unlikely if they have 'the usual suspects back '

It's rubbish that unis only bye is the general bye that everyone had and some teams had 3... i mean seriously, htf does that happen

Coota, ANU, Yass, Cats, Woden, Goulburn/ADFA[/QUOTE]

It's so close this year, awesome to see and be apart of. Errmm how about
Coota Cooma Uni Yass Woden Goulburn
Like you said, throwing darts.
Hopefully we can go to Goulburn and do them in, going to be a good game i think

It's so close this year, awesome to see and be apart of. Errmm how about
Coota Cooma Uni Yass Woden Goulburn
Like you said, throwing darts.
Hopefully we can go to Goulburn and do them in, going to be a good game i think[/QUOTE]
If Cooma finish second then Goulburn don't make it as I think that'll mean you beat them. That will bring ADFA in or Ainslie although they do have a fairly tough run. Agree it's a great comp this year and whoever the Top 6 are, will all be a chance to win it.
The comp structure has been very odd with teams having more byes etc. but considering they had to rearrange a draw one week out before the start of the season you couldn't expect it to be perfect

Yeah mate sorry

It's rubbish that unis only bye is the general bye that everyone had and some teams had 3... i mean seriously, htf does that happen
This is on the back of uni protesting against Ainslie playing one more game then them last year, and knocking them out of second (not that it mattered )

i thought your position on the ladder was determined by your losses not how many you've won that's why Coota are in first place

So playing more games is an advantage or disadvantage?
Advantages if your playing the lowly ranked teams 3 times in a season . No disrespect to lower ranked teams of last year intended . Think you will find that Ainslie only lost a couple last year in the fours

So playing more games is an advantage or disadvantage?

Playing more is advantage if you have the same losses ie 15 wins 4 losses is 79 percent win percentage where as 14 wins 4 losses is 78 percent win percentage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back