AFL List reviews pre draft and best 22's all 18 clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou!

Gleeson showed huge improvement this year, he is right on the cusp of playing, personally I would have him in for Dempsey, I feel that Gleeson offers more off half back and is a decent defender, better than Dempsey anyway. But Dempsey gets the nod for the pure reason that he is quicker and if Essendon play Carlisle down back and have Joey Daniher up front with Giles and that small/medium range forward line Dempsey's dash from half back assists the fast paced game plan.

Gleeson and Dalgleish are 2 guys right on the fringe of the team and I wouldn't be surprised if they play 10 games next season.
Dempsey is definitely best 22. When he returned, statistically he was out best defender, usually playing on a 2nd small forward. Gleeson long term will be a midfielder with his evasive skills and reading of the play at the stoppage, and with a big pre-season I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing more of a midfield role this season.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, until you started saying things that are factually incorrect. By saying Prudden hasn't worked, Wallis is inconsistent, and delisting Young was a strange call, you showed that you didn't know what you were talking about because all of those statements are incorrect, or have an asterisk next to it in the case of Prudden's injuries.

You clearly just don't know what you're talking about in regards to the Bulldogs because, as I said, you're stating things that are plain wrong. I know that I'm biased, but there's a difference between being biased and being objectively correct.
Lol I gave him the benefit of the doubt too but he just continues to disregard what I say and then responds like this:

Dude I'm a Port Adelaide supporter, I couldn't care less if Adelaide play potatos, as long as they lose I don't care hahhahahahahahahahahah

Don't bother.

Richmond
FB: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, David Astbury
CHB: Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Shaun Grigg
C: Brett Deledio, Anthony Miles, Brandon Ellis
CHF: Dustin Martin, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon
FF: Ty Vickery, Jack Riewoldt, Shaun Edwards
Foll: Ivan Maric, Matt Thomas, Trent Cotchin
B: Nick Vlastuin, Reece Conca, Matt Arnot
S: Nathan Foley
List Review:
Richmond missed the boat this offseason, stuck on the main land they are now back in the pack after missing the chance to put themselves 2 steps ahead. Their list has no real diversity and is very one paced, a great back half to 2014 gave many hope but unless Richmond pull a cat out of the bag, much more of the first half of 2014 will be seen.

Not a bad effort (I certainly wouldn't have the knowledge to have a crack at another team, let alone all of them!).

Just a few points for us:
  • I'd probably have Morris still in our best 22 (didn't have a great 2014 season but basically played the year with a bung shoulder. Has had it fixed up in the off season and hopefully will be right to go for 2015). Still would consider him our best lock down small defender (though we've also just picked up Taylor Hunt who can fill the role).
  • Not sure if we can play 3 talls in the forwardline (Riewoldt, Griffiths and Vickery). That's one of the challenges we have for 2015. Was tried at times in 2014 I believe but we didn't win many games. We also looked better in the back half of the year only playing 2 key forwards.
  • Gordon probably is in the best 22. Probably ahead of Ben Lennon at this stage, brings a lot of forward pressure. Would also like to see Sam Lloyd getting more games next season too along with Lennon (assuming their form warrants it).
  • 'Shane', not 'Shaun' :)
  • I'd have Matt Thomas as a backup only - maybe Conca starting in Thomas' spot with Petterd coming into the side. Petterd seems to be a favoured utility player by the coaches and can fill a role across most of the ground.
  • Personally rate Matty Arnot but not sure he's best 22 (may change with a big pre season as Jackson & King's retirements have opened spots in the side for some 'hard' players).
All up, a pretty good effort though! :thumbsu:

Not a bad effort (I certainly wouldn't have the knowledge to have a crack at another team, let alone all of them!).

Just a few points for us:
  • I'd probably have Morris still in our best 22 (didn't have a great 2014 season but basically played the year with a bung shoulder. Has had it fixed up in the off season and hopefully will be right to go for 2015). Still would consider him our best lock down small defender (though we've also just picked up Taylor Hunt who can fill the role).
  • Not sure if we can play 3 talls in the forwardline (Riewoldt, Griffiths and Vickery). That's one of the challenges we have for 2015. Was tried at times in 2014 I believe but we didn't win many games. We also looked better in the back half of the year only playing 2 key forwards.
  • Gordon probably is in the best 22. Probably ahead of Ben Lennon at this stage, brings a lot of forward pressure. Would also like to see Sam Lloyd getting more games next season too along with Lennon (assuming their form warrants it).
  • 'Shane', not 'Shaun' :)
  • I'd have Matt Thomas as a backup only - maybe Conca starting in Thomas' spot with Petterd coming into the side. Petterd seems to be a favoured utility player by the coaches and can fill a role across most of the ground.
  • Personally rate Matty Arnot but not sure he's best 22 (may change with a big pre season as Jackson & King's retirements have opened spots in the side for some 'hard' players).
All up, a pretty good effort though! :thumbsu:

Cheers bud! Nice to hear some good discussion points.

With Richmond and their list I just feel that the super star catagory is well filled with Cotchin, Martin, Deledio, Riewoldt (don't personally rate him because all he does is kick goals, as a senior player he should be a leader and bring more defensive pressure to the side like Jay Schulz and Jack Gunston) Rance and Maric. But Richmond's biggest issue for this season and 2015 ahead is that next tier players standing in and taking pressure off, Miles had a ridiculously good year but can he do it again? Chaplin, Conca, Ellis and the rest need big years if top 4 is really on the cards.

Morris brings alot to the team but if Dylan Grimes is fit he plays no question, Astbury also will result in Morris playing regular games or not, even though they play completely different positions the structure of the side with Grimes playing tall and small.

I did this before Taylor Hunt joined, he probably goes into this team, not sure who goes out yet.

With the tall forwards I think they all play different roles, all complimenting eachother nicely, Vickery will have 1 last year on the list to get it right, if he doesn't get his game together he will be moved on. Griffths is in my mind the most important player in this whole team, giving Jack Riewoldt support and when he is on, he gets the number one defender allowing Jack to dominate, Vickery give Maric time to rest, Premiership teams need 2 ruckmen to play, like Hawthorn why not have 2 guys who play full forward as a role, Vickery is a genuine forward but is probably a bit lazy, like you said I like Richmond with 2 forwards but they look so much more dangerous with the 3 big guys up there.

Gordon is a bit of a list clogger for me, good solid sub option, he will definately play games next year but no way near as many as Lennon, also if Richmond take Liam Duggan/Jordan De Gooey it will push Gordon well down the pecking order, the interesting one for me is Chris Knights, he is a super player but needs his body to get right!

Matty Arnot is one of my favourite players in the whole league, I'd gladly pick him up if I was making a team, his agression is elite, his ball skills by foot and hand are improving day by day, he will be around 21-22 this year which means big break out year on the horrizen, Arnot and Miles is a good mix inside allowing Cotchin to play more of a sweeping role as well as Deledio and Martin to win you games on the outside more

Richmond have 28 players who you could put in this team, that is exciting, I just feel they are a few short, Taylor Hunt obviously helps.

Hawthorn's best 25:

B: Gibson, Lake, Stratton
HB: Birchall, Frawley, Burgoyne
C: Hill, Mitchell, Smith
HF: Rioli, Gunston, Poupolo
F: Bruest, Roughead, Hale
FOLL: McEvoy, Hodge, Lewis
Int: Langford, Shiels, Suckling
Sub: Whitecross

EMG: Duryea, Spangher/Ceglar, Simpkin/Anderson/Hartung/O'Rourke.

Injuries will change that but it is very hard to pick a best 22 at the moment.

Hawthorn
FB: Josh Gibson, James Frawley, Matt Suckling
CHB: Shaun Burgoyne, Brian Lake, Grant Birchall
C: Brad Hill, Luke Hodge, Isaac Smith
CHF: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Luke Breust
FF: David Hale, Jack Gunstan, Paul Puopolo
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell
B: Will Langford, Ben Stratton, Liam Shiels
S: Billy Hartung
List Review:
Did the back to back reining Premiers just get better? Yes, yes they did and if they can get the old group fireing again in 2015 look out, 3 peat on the way. Depth in every single area, need I say more? All Hawthorn need need is to dog fight through 2015 season and power through another finals campain.
Hartung? and No Whitecross, Duryea or Anderson. I would swap hartung out for one of those three.

Hartung? and No Whitecross, Duryea or Anderson. I would swap hartung out for one of those three.

Billy offers alot, him, Hill and Smith all have beeps in excess of 16. Yes if Whitecross is fit he probably goes in there but he has played no footy in 2 years, as of round 1 I couldn't see them going with him, building him into the season, sub work to start with. Both are very different players. Jed Anderson is still unknown, he can do some special things but you wouldn't pick potential over someone with an elite skill such as Hartung and his running. Just a personal preference with Duryea, he's not someone I can see playing perminant in Hawthorns side, Hodge, Mitchell, Birchall, Burgoyne all elite disposers of the ball across half back and now Frawler is there Gibson could be let off the leash and allowed to be one of those disposers. He played a game of 39 disposals at 80+% no question that Gibson could fulfill that role. Just for balance reasons, I prefer Hartung in that side. His had a massive preseason which helps to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back