AFL Live Official app

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
AFL FANS can now watch every game live with the launch of the AFL Live Official App, which is now available to download for free from the App Store and Google Play.

From the start of the home and away season, the app will allow customers to watch every game live as well as receive:
• Live score updates
• Team lists
• Player profiles
• Match previews
• Post-game reviews
• Live radio streaming

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/130383/default.aspx

down load link is at this address

Disappointed that the Hawthorn App had no NAB Cup scores. Happy to replace that horrible app with anything, even something from the online 'geniuses' at the AFL/Telstra.

Anyone care to guess how much data a game would chew thru on a phone?

Yep, unless you're on a network, it's not something I'd want to be doing on a regular basis.

Data is free if you are with telstra. You can get a prepaid sim which lasts 6 months for $60. The season pass costs $50 which comes off your prepaid credit. This is the cheapest way to watch AFL on your phone if you aren't already on telstra.

Data is free if you are with telstra. You can get a prepaid sim which lasts 6 months for $60. The season pass costs $50 which comes off your prepaid credit. This is the cheapest way to watch AFL on your phone if you aren't already on telstra.

yes noticed the unmetered green dot up top when i down loaded it and opened it might try it out during the season if i remember

This is the best footy app IMO

I'll check it out.

I hate to bag our club, but our app 'aint great. And I have nothing but contempt for the feeble online offerings of the AFL. The mothership website is a disgrace. And then the hideous, almost amateurish templates the clubs are saddled with are an embarrassment for such a major sport.

I'll check it out.

I hate to bag our club, but our app 'aint great. And I have nothing but contempt for the feeble online offerings of the AFL. The mothership website is a disgrace. And then the hideous, almost amateurish templates the clubs are saddled with are an embarrassment for such a major sport.

have they released our app yet or is this an insider opinion? ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know the club has an iphone qr reader thing for the fixture i think it was for that they had had the family day did not have a android one as i did try to read it with my qr reader but did not work

This is the best footy app IMO

Yep, agree 100%. The new Official AFL app looks crapola. Looks to be way scaled back from last years one even, the live vid is great if you're with Telstra, but apart from that looks to be not a patch on the Sportsmate one.

And if it's anything like the official Cricket app (Cricket LIVE), I wouldn't be banking on the vid working at all with 3G/ 4G as well, only WiFi. I subscribed to it but the only time I got to watch on my phone was thru the home WiFi, when I was watching it on the telly anyways!!

I guess we should wait til the real season starts to test it out properly, though

if your with telstra, they are offering 1 month free at the moment.

ive watched the last 2 hawks games and several others and think its great. its better than having no footy at all.

it doesnt count towards your data usage as long as you are with telstra. Doesnt matter if your pre-paid or contract.

Ive been told that if you have iphone 4s you can plug an AV composite cable in and watch it on your tv. Dont know how true this is or how good the quality is as im still stuck in the dark-ages of an iphone 4.

Picture quality is ok on iphone though.

You can swap between any game thats on.

I would recommend anyone with telstra to give it a go while its free. Im going to pay the $50 to have every game for the year, you never know when your going to be away from a tv while the mighty hawks are playing

if your with telstra, they are offering 1 month free at the moment.

ive watched the last 2 hawks games and several others and think its great. its better than having no footy at all.

it doesnt count towards your data usage as long as you are with telstra. Doesnt matter if your pre-paid or contract.

Ive been told that if you have iphone 4s you can plug an AV composite cable in and watch it on your tv. Dont know how true this is or how good the quality is as im still stuck in the dark-ages of an iphone 4.

Picture quality is ok on iphone though.

You can swap between any game thats on.

I would recommend anyone with telstra to give it a go while its free. Im going to pay the $50 to have every game for the year, you never know when your going to be away from a tv while the mighty hawks are playing

Agree. It's been good. Unmetered usage and I can link to the iPad (via the iPhone) and watch it a little larger.

Every game every week ..... $50 for the year. Steal!

so if i down load this app can i use some of it free or will they charge me for all of the things you can access??

I believe only when you watch the vision, you will get asked for account details.

They rest of the info (scores, stats ect.) is all free.

Well, it is on Android anyway. No doubt Steve Jobs slings you a little something with the other mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back