AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour going around there have been 4 incidents with spectators and players/umpires over last 6 weeks. If true very concerning for the league.
Couple of Interesting games of footy this weekend with saints v magpies and bulldogs v sea eagles will come down to % to see who secures 2nd spot on the ladder and 3rd with a home final.

Apparently Sea Eagles have forfeited both grades v Moranbah. I know the travel from Airlie to Moranbah is a fair distance, but not to get at least a senior team up for the last game of the season is nothing short of disgraceful. You only needed to get 14 across lads.

I was present at the Swans v Magpies match when a former Swans player assaulted a Magpies player after he was carded frim ground.
Very ugly scenes ensued with many children present.
Surely the Swans aggressor was suspended ??

I heard the Swans player/person involved received a two week , in house suspension, but nothing from the league not even an investigation.

Apparently Sea Eagles have forfeited both grades v Moranbah. I know the travel from Airlie to Moranbah is a fair distance, but not to get at least a senior team up for the last game of the season is nothing short of disgraceful. You only needed to get 14 across lads.

So will Moranbah get any percentage for the forfeit?
Like the round Average?
I know they get the 4pts but a bit wrong if Moranbah drop from 2nd to 3rd due to Whitsunday forfeiting & can't gain any percentage cos Saints are 5% behind & are a chance to overcome it now.
I suppose one consolation is if Moranbah finish 3rd they get a home final in both grades.
Swans will be dirty if they have to travel to Moranbah opposed to North Mackay.

Are Hawks in any real threat of not winning their 4th flag in a row?
Who could realistically beat a full strength Hawks team when it counts?

From my limited games I've seen this season I'm predicting a Hawks Quinella, Seniors/Reserves Premiers, but stranger things have happened.

So will Moranbah get any percentage for the forfeit?
Like the round Average?
I know they get the 4pts but a bit wrong if Moranbah drop from 2nd to 3rd due to Whitsunday forfeiting & can't gain any percentage cos Saints are 5% behind & are a chance to overcome it now.
I suppose one consolation is if Moranbah finish 3rd they get a home final in both grades.
Swans will be dirty if they have to travel to Moranbah opposed to North Mackay.

Are Hawks in any real threat of not winning their 4th flag in a row?
Who could realistically beat a full strength Hawks team when it counts?

From my limited games I've seen this season I'm predicting a Hawks Quinella, Seniors/Reserves Premiers, but stranger things have happened.
Won't get any % I would think but the league has made a few puzzling decisions this year so anything is possible. Any of the top 4 teams can win it this year the comp is a lot more even than previous years. Reserves will come down to which team has most amount of senior players included. With players only needing to play 4 club games and no more than 8 senior games some clubs could include at least 6 quality senior players that will make a massive difference.

interesting they couldn't get a team especially after there win last week. U guys wouldn't be happy about missing out this round before finals next week, on a positive good for the bulldogs to have both seniors and ressies in finals.

Finals set after whitsunday ended up taking team to moranbah. 2nd semi hawks v dogs seniors, hawks v swans ressies and 1st semi saints v swans seniors with dogs v saints in ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NAMBOUR & HINTERLAND BLUES AFC
Looking to move to the Sunshine coast Qld for lifestyle change?
Nambour are looking for Players to Strengthen the current playing list for Season 2015.
Currently playing in the QFA North.
Assist with finding employment.
PM Snowy73 if interested

moved up here to be with family I WAS HEAD TRAINER WITH MOORABBIN KANGAROSS THIS YEAR AM LOOKING FOR A JOB UP HERE ACCRIDITED WITH SMA LEVEL ONE 35 YEAR EXP IF INTRESTED SEND ME A EMAIL

How does the Airlie Beach preseason carnival shape up? Any tips for early front runners?
Which out of town entries should have a strong showing?

Looks like the season is going to be pretty even other than the swans who are strong premiership favourites. Magpies beating moranbah yesty a surprise with the Hawks beating sea eagles and saints getting the points against bakers creek.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back