Preview AFL Round 4 - Geelong v North Melbourne, Simonds Stadium, 3:20PM Sunday 26 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True... and the Port North game was genuinely one of the most brutal games speed and running wise I've ever seen... on the hard Etihad track

Port were awesome tonight. Must say I was living vicariously in that first and last quarter.
Footy tipping with the head went out the window.

Port were awesome tonight. Must say I was living vicariously in that first and last quarter.
Footy tipping with the head went out the window.
They were awesome early

Died in the arse late

Tip wise I'm 4 from 6.. and should be 5, all week planned on tipping the Dees and chickened out last minute

They were awesome early

Died in the arse late

Tip wise I'm 4 from 6.. and should be 5, all week planned on tipping the Dees and chickened out last minute

Was leading the big pub tipping, will crash like a Port innocent on the hawks board after this round.
Have to laugh, likes for Dawk trolls on Ports board =15
Likes for well mannered Port dude on Poos and wees board =0 and possible carding.
Says it all really.

Anyway I'm off to test out the new posh lounge this arvo.
Champagne football, CATTERS by 40.

Anyone else get the feeling Walker will be a late out with rain predicted? Can see Gore coming into the side personally.

I agree and from a limited showing I like what Stanley brings, unlikely he will develop into a superstar.
but a number of things he's done haven't been seen from a Geelong ruckman for a while. His follow up work including smothers, tackles, defending, marking the ball, providing a target across the ground and kicking goals. And actually his tap work around the ground is pretty good he jumps to contest at the centre bounces, it wouldn't be my choice to keep Hmac or Simpson.

But we can't go into next year with Reed and Stanley (the same questions need to be asked of Vardy being there) I can't see who could be available at a decent price.
Sorry this is probably the wrong thread to be hypothesising on ruck options for next year apologies for that.

I think we'll get a much better effort from Stanley tomorrow against a quality ruckman than we've had, he's our best option in my opinion. And Clark and Walker provide aggressive support who are dangerous going forward.
A-farking-men!

Obviously the key issue is will we be close enough.... the way the Suns got hammered today doesn't fill me with confidence

Eade was so proud of them even though they lost this week. Post-match, he said the players had finally found the level of effort they needed to bring each week.

Shame they didn't remember to do it yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rivers did, but GHS was kept out as an emergency for the seniors (assume you're talking about last week).
Fair enough. A fresh rested GHS- not sure we can tell the difference- but your point is spot-on.We will have some advantage there , I guess. NM has dropped Luke McDonald and Jamie Mc Millan, injuries, according to the FoxNews, so they'll have 2 "fresh" ins as well, maybe.

Fair enough. A fresh rested GHS- not sure we can tell the difference- but your point is spot-on.We will have some advantage there , I guess. NM has dropped Luke McDonald and Jamie Mc Millan, injuries, according to the FoxNews, so they'll have 2 "fresh" ins as well, maybe.
We have dumont who'll be fresh and Jacobs who effectively had a full game last week as the two ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back