Game Day AFLW 2017 R1: Pies V Blues - and so it begins!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I know why I haven't posted on this board for a while. It's unbearable. Just pot shots at players,the club,coaches or Ed. That's not passion to me.
Haha!
Ed's the man. We must have a team in this, and the netball competition.
Ed believes in it.
So, where is Ed tonight!
Want to know?
Check out the old mans fight happening tonight, you may see a familiar face!
Real commitment there Ed. Real passion.
AFLW, netball, lotteries. Non AFL business and won't win us sweet sixteen.
Ah...I feel better already.
Just noticed I have some episodes of Hogans Heroes on the fox box. Winning.

One thing that is clear is that players without at least a bit of athleticism are going to get exposed badly in aflw.

I'm not sure if we have enough of that athleticism in the team - I know it's early on but we don't seem to have many players who are running on top of the ground, at least in comparison to the blues anyway...

Carlton's beating us with more pace and better skills. Like the dogs game last week Carlton are getting their goals via the rebound or quick break. Unlike the dogs game we're probably had more of the footy. D'Arcy playing a great game and Cameron getting on a few leads, but we look too focused on Hope which allows Carlton to scrag and flood numbers back.

Kicked the first goal & haven't kicked one since. Allowed two extra backs all night & changed nothing. There is a very good reason the girls can't score.

Carlton's beating us with more pace and better skills. Like the dogs game last week Carlton are getting their goals via the rebound or quick break. Unlike the dogs game we're probably had more of the footy. D'Arcy playing a great game and Cameron getting on a few leads, but we look too focused on Hope which allows Carlton to scrag and flood numbers back.

Agree. We look to Hope Centric

Best part of the game so far has been daisy pearce in the commentary box. Really enjoying her insight.

We all expected an average standard, but this is very low unfortunately. Its going to take many years to get this comp to a decent level. The problem at the moment is that both sides only have about 3 good players.

Hopefully this inspires a lot more girls to take up the game. The crowd is great and the passion is there. Slowly this could be a great comp.

Lets hope we can finish off strong

I've learnt something tonight, men or women, Collingwood has a capacity to piss me off second to nothing!

It's so frustrating to watch us continually kick to a 'hot spot' that contains 4 Blues defenders and 1 Collingwood forward. Where are our numbers? It's stupid footy.

Umpiring standards also are woeful. How do you * up a throw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back