Autopsy AFLW Adelaide Crows v Melbourne Demons!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

So we need to win next week, and Collingwood has to belt the crows for us to make it. Would have been handy if we won last week, we'd be there now

So we need to win next week, and Collingwood has to belt the crows for us to make it. Would have been handy if we won last week, we'd be there now
Nah we win they just have to lose. Going to suck having to cheer on the filth.

Great win. Love the mix of players we have (I have a slight crush on Sarah Lampard :oops:).

I wonder how the darwin trip will affect us next week. Would be so Melbourne to lose against freo at home and blow a chance at a GF.

Lampard and Smitty for rising star pls. We have such a good core of young players it's insane. Grierson, Mithen, Berry, Smith, Lampard, Kemp, Newman...the list goes on. They're all clean and, most importantly, have footy smarts. Excited not only for next week, but the next five years! I would say the only thing we lack is a genuine goal-kicker and a genuine crumber. Mifsud and Anderson will hopefully develop in regards to the first and Newman - if she can get a bit more of it - in the second.

Couldn't watch live last night but watched the replay this morning.

Mel Hickey is my favourite player. I know she was one of our marquees but I reckon if she played for any other club she'd get three times the recognition.

Daisy Pearce is unfairly good, and you can tell it pisses the opposition off. The number of incidental pushes, bumps, shoves etc she gets – so clear that other players love to hate her. Which I think makes her even more determined.

Kat Smith, her stats sheet doesn't look overly impressive but she's the general down back, especially with Paxman spending more time in the middle.

Lauren Pearce is another underrated player I reckon, she's handy in the ruck but her follow up efforts are top notch. Plus she becomes a handy defender when she gets switched down back.

Richelle Cranston is remarkably nimble and has incredibly clean hands off the deck.

Deanna Berry's goal celebrations are great.

Sets up a big game next week now. I honestly don't think we'll win the premiership; for all our class we just can't seem to quite get our game going consistently enough for long enough. Brisbane on the other hand seem like a well-oiled machine. At least we play before Collingwood-Adelaide next week; no distractions, no excuses. If we win but miss out on the GF spot it'll be disappointing but not heartbreaking.

Isn't footy fun when you win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't watch live last night but watched the replay this morning.

Mel Hickey is my favourite player. I know she was one of our marquees but I reckon if she played for any other club she'd get three times the recognition.

Daisy Pearce is unfairly good, and you can tell it pisses the opposition off. The number of incidental pushes, bumps, shoves etc she gets – so clear that other players love to hate her. Which I think makes her even more determined.

Kat Smith, her stats sheet doesn't look overly impressive but she's the general down back, especially with Paxman spending more time in the middle.

Lauren Pearce is another underrated player I reckon, she's handy in the ruck but her follow up efforts are top notch. Plus she becomes a handy defender when she gets switched down back.

Richelle Cranston is remarkably nimble and has incredibly clean hands off the deck.

Deanna Berry's goal celebrations are great.

Sets up a big game next week now. I honestly don't think we'll win the premiership; for all our class we just can't seem to quite get our game going consistently enough for long enough. Brisbane on the other hand seem like a well-oiled machine. At least we play before Collingwood-Adelaide next week; no distractions, no excuses. If we win but miss out on the GF spot it'll be disappointing but not heartbreaking.

Isn't footy fun when you win.
Like all of this.
However, not happy about complete lack of Elise O'Dea!! :oops:
She's that rare breed who's so good at the tough stuff - tackling, shepherding, blocking - but also so good with her disposal skills & decision making. She's just as good as Daisy at bringing others into the game. She didn't rack up as many disposals this week, but it was the classic 'engine-room' game.

And I loved Rocky Cranston's huge contribution in the second half. By far her best game, she gave the extra grit and strength that we needed to get on top of their midfield.

Brisbane on the other hand seem like a well-oiled machine.
Not to intrude but haven't heard that since about 2004. :'(

Good luck to your girls this weekend!

Like all of this.
However, not happy about complete lack of Elise O'Dea!! :oops:
She's that rare breed who's so good at the tough stuff - tackling, shepherding, blocking - but also so good with her disposal skills & decision making. She's just as good as Daisy at bringing others into the game. She didn't rack up as many disposals this week, but it was the classic 'engine-room' game.

And I loved Rocky Cranston's huge contribution in the second half. By far her best game, she gave the extra grit and strength that we needed to get on top of their midfield.
Good call. Had most tackles for us I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back