AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

1574 and up to 1231. Decent round to finish after a few weeks of heading backwards. Shame I couldn't crack top 1000 when I was looking good for top 500 half way through.

My last trade was Conway to N Kelly, which was a disaster. Would have put me over 1600 for the round. The annoying thing is I didn't really need to do it.

Finished with 1598. EDIT: up to 1610 which is now my highest score of the year! :)

Always seems that in the rounds that everyone goes big, I just go okay. Finished with overall rank of 31, which is my worst position for the year, but still very happy with the hat.

Trading Bowers out before round 1, trading Garner in at round 2 and getting in Morphett and Toogood in at round 4 were my biggest moves. Kind of went downhill from round 6 onwards, but was a very fun season.

Last edited:
351 in the end... highpoint was 250 in round 7 then downhill from there.
After starting the season pretty slowly (5445 after round 2, after missing the Bowers late out and then captaining Prespakis when I hadn't learnt about looping yet) it was a pretty good run :)

Now I can sit back and watch finals like a normal person without checking fantasy scores! Carn the Swans!

Ended up 10th, 174 points off the pace.

Sliding doors moment - when I traded Roberts out for Hore in round 7, had I gone to Zarlie instead, Zarlie outscored Hore from that moment on by 182 points.

Roberts outscored Hore by 90.

That, along with Sheerin to Koenen last week (then Koenen back to Sheerin this week instead of Evans) and Georgie P to Anderson instead of Bowers has really cost me.

Last 4 weeks of trading netted me a total points yield of 12 total points, and that’s including the +125 I got from Priest to Stannett. Not good.

But still stoked with a top 10 finish - sliding doors and all that, but it’s bloody great and I’ve loved it. Thanks to all in here for the chatter and community - makes it a lot more enjoyable!

Sliding doors moment - when I traded Roberts out for Hore in round 7, had I gone to Zarlie instead, Zarlie outscored Hore from that moment on by 182 points.

That, along with Sheerin to Koenen last week (then Koenen back to Sheerin this week instead of Evans) and Georgie P to Anderson instead of Bowers has really cost me.

Last 4 weeks of trading netted me a total points yield of 12 total points, and that’s including the +125 I got from Priest to Stannett. Not good.

But still stoked with a top 10 finish - sliding doors and all that, but it’s bloody great and I’ve loved it. Thanks to all in here for the chatter and community - makes it a lot more enjoyable!
Yeh, mine was when I traded Barr in instead of Goldsworthy in round 6 (136 points over 3 rounds that I kept Barr), when I traded in Hore over Roberts in the final 2 rounds (86 points) and when I traded out Bonnici for Parker, only for Parker to get injured and traded her back to Bonnici, which was a terrible decision.

Tough luck mate, but can't be disappointed with a Top 10 that's a fantastic result!

1484 all out to finish off. Final rank of 2508th, another 150 odd positions up. My highest ever finish in any Fantasy sport game to date, beat my BBL Supercoach finish which was in the 4000s. A lean few weeks of 20s and bad captains picks, cost me a higher finish but came home with a nice streak of scores. (Only dropped rank once after Round 4) Definite highlight of the season was being the weekly winner in the MM version in Round 4. Can't wait to dive into their Season Guide which was the prize.

It's been fun bantering with you lot this season, wish it was longer!

Thanks heaps for this season everyone. Enjoyed being part of the forum, learned a lot. Congrats to Skippos on the top 10 finish.

I'll definitely be back next year trying to get that hat
I just want to echo all of this. It's been a lot of fun. Congrats to all the hats and particularly to Skippos, who (I think) gets a $100 AFL shop voucher. I'd like to say I learned a lot, but I made a lot of the same mistakes I did in S7. I've watched Ella Roberts get scores for other people way too many times now over her first two years. First picked next year; never leaving my side. Zarlie, too.

I ended up finishing on a good note (we won't mention St Kilda, thanks). 1652, which got me back up to 156th. Not exactly where I wanted to be, but I'll take it after some of the ordinary decisions I made. Honestly, I got a huge amount of luck there at the end, with Kennedy putting up a couple of decent scores after I couldn't get rid of her. The Hatchard out stopped me from trading Moody for Scholz (which would have cost me a point) and Morrison to Kelly (which would have cost me a lot more).

A pretty big relief though: I traded Bowers out to Miller and made her captain in round one, which was a pretty big disaster. It cost me exactly 100 points versus if I'd traded in Swanson instead (and made her captain) like seemingly everyone else. I've been kicking myself ever since, worrying that one move, hastily made before the start of the game would cost me a hat. Well, it turns out that my final score of 15004 left me exactly 101 points out of hat territory. If I'd brought in Swanson rather than Miller, I'd have finished 101st.

Halved my rank in the last round to finish 6th. Didn't really know much about AFLW before the season started which just goes to show that this game is more about knowing how to play fantasy then it is about knowing footy. Hopefully I can combine both next year and finish 5 places better.

As always thanks to bigfooty for being a great resource throughout the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 10 score 1,574
Final rank 2,439
Decent finish in the end after copping some dreadful defender scores early on and not knowing much about the AFLW.
Was fun even with the challenges we were up against (no DPP, defence tough, cash gen too harsh on 300k'ers unless they go big, plus the stricter trading system)

I know we have a few here that played AFLW fantasy, but not AFL fantasy, please join us on this board for the men's game.
It can be a lot of fun, club bias is completely put aside and we all get through the highs and lows together (except for one tosser but even he learnt to get along with the other kids in the sandpit this year to some degree)

1584 here, finished 636 which is my highest rank of the season. Went 9-0 in my league only to lose the final by nearly 70-odd points on the back of not having Garner as VC (went Noffy and Gardiner), and trading out D'Arcy for Belinda Smith (-30) and Tarni Evans for EOD (-1).

Overall pretty happy. Definitely got to know more of the players in all the teams and felt much more invested.

Best moments were Toogood in R3 when I picked her up pretty early, and Bruton the week after she came back and riding a couple of tons off her.

Worst was Hore out R2 for Roberts when she went nuclear and missing out on Bowers being a late out R1. Plus trying to loophole with Busch who ended up being a late in.

Well done to those in here it's been a great thread, very informative and enjoyable. I'll defs participate more...

I know we have a few here that played AFLW fantasy, but not AFL fantasy, please join us on this board for the men's game.
It can be a lot of fun, club bias is completely put aside and we all get through the highs and lows together (except for one tosser but even he learnt to get along with the other kids in the sandpit this year to some degree)
Can't imagine it right now, but maybe one day. The women's game takes up enough time as it is!

I was wondering, I know some people said they didn't follow AFLW before this season. Did playing fantasy help you get into it? Did you watch more or enjoy it more?

For me, though I followed AFLW from the start, and did fantasy in various ways from early on, I think it had a huge impact. It's such an easy way to get to know and appreciate players from other teams.

Been fantastic having it official now and having all these people to talk to. I've learnt so much this season from you all :)

Can't imagine it right now, but maybe one day. The women's game takes up enough time as it is!

I was wondering, I know some people said they didn't follow AFLW before this season. Did playing fantasy help you get into it? Did you watch more or enjoy it more?

For me, though I followed AFLW from the start, and did fantasy in various ways from early on, I think it had a huge impact. It's such an easy way to get to know and appreciate players from other teams.

Been fantastic having it official now and having all these people to talk to. I've learnt so much this season from you all :)
I've only briefly followed it. Attended a grand final once (Adelaide/Carlton as it was free entry plus an Amy Shark concert)

Knew dozens of the better players and knew Bowers was a level above for fantasy, but what surprised me is how elite some other players are, and their ability to absolutely dominate.
Started Monique Conti, and she peaked through the final rounds so she grew to be once of my fav players.

Plenty of up and comers also and I'm sure Roberts and Goldsworthy will go to another level next year.

As the younger players now have pathways to the top level, you'll start to see better 20-25 year olds, this will make it harder for the over 30's to dominate like they can do at present.

Started Monique Conti, and she peaked through the final rounds so she grew to be once of my fav players.
Blackburn and Conti are two that strike me as being better footballers than fantasy footballers. If I'm trying to win an actual game of football, I'd take either of them before I'd take Bowers or Noffy.

I've followed AFLW from the beginning, but mostly only watched Crows games. I was familiar with some of the older players who've been around for a while, but no clue with who is up and coming. Fantasy was definitely a good opportunity to get into AFLW more and watch the other teams, because unlike AFL, I don't hate the other teams, so it was nice to watch other teams play. My fav non Crows players are Mon Conti, Jas Garner and Bri Davey, so was good to see more of them and also discover new favourite players.

While I was watching the mens this year my daughter asked me why there are never any women playing, between that, Essendon having a team and an official AFLW Fantasy launching it was the catalyst to watch games.

I would've watched some Bomber games with my kid this year anyway but Fantasy is whats actually got me invested in the whole comp. Wouldn't know about many of the stars or the future stars like Goldsworthy and Roberts if it wasn't for Fantasy. Now I can at least name at least half a dozen players in each team and would've watched ~30-50 games across the season.

Before the season started I knew the Prespakis sisters, Erin Phillips and Nanscawen and that was it.

I've been following it from Day 1. Not often you get to be there at inception of a national league. Mostly followed Freo as they were the local team, watched them play about half a dozen times and still support them of the two local teams.

Moved house now and Freo Oval is about an hour+ drive away so will likely go to see the odd Eagles game as it's up the road a bit only, but only if there's a good visiting team or my Saints. Hard with two young kids...

I was pretty familiar with most of the players esp having read about Montana Ham, Charlotte Baskaran for a few years in their youth games and was excited to see how they went. But fantasy was great in really knowing the players especially rookies and youngsters from the latest batch. Still learned a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back