AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v Essendon
Saturday 16 September
2:35pm
Unley Oval

Both sides go into this game with 2-0 records - Adelaide with a big win over Richmond and Essendon defeating St Kilda. It's the first time these two sides have faced each other in AFLW.

It also looks like the concerns about the Unley Oval surface have eased, given the rumours in recent weeks the game would be moved to Norwood.

Who will finish the game with a 3-0 record

I don't really know much about Essendon's players, but one of their midfielders, Kodi Jacques has been suspended for a week so will miss the match against us. She was a Richmond player before this year I believe, but I don't really remember her so I'm not sure if it's a significant loss or not. Looks like she only has 8 touches so far this year so I'm guessing not.

A friendly reminder that the AFL have prohibited people bringing chairs to AFLW venues
wtf - So that's all games, rather than just thinking about capacity at Norwood?

Interesting - There's no rule to say you can't bring in a beach ball into the ground.

But there is a rule to blow one up.

So you can bring a pre-blown up beach ball into the ground?

I wonder if you can argue Rule 12 to bring in a chair? - Sorry, my knees are too bad to stand for a match, regular seating is already occupied, and my back is too bad to sit on the ground. Therefore, for my own personal safety, I need to bring this in.

I wonder if you can argue Rule 12 to bring in a chair? - Sorry, my knees are too bad to stand for a match, regular seating is already occupied, and my back is too bad to sit on the ground. Therefore, for my own personal safety, I need to bring this in.

Apparently they’ll only accept this if you bring a letter from your GP stating you need a chair 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't help but feel that McKinnon offers more than Whiteley pretty much anywhere on the ground, but oh well. At least we'll get a chance to see if she's progressed any further than in previous seasons.

I wonder if Whiteley will go back to cover Allen, or if they will put her up forward and shuffle the deck chairs (Randall going back, etc)?

I can't help but feel that McKinnon offers more than Whiteley pretty much anywhere on the ground, but oh well. At least we'll get a chance to see if she's progressed any further than in previous seasons.

I wonder if Whiteley will go back to cover Allen, or if they will put her up forward and shuffle the deck chairs (Randall going back, etc)?
They can't shuffle the deck chairs since none are allowed at the ground. ;)

A friendly reminder that the AFL have prohibited people bringing chairs to AFLW venues
I find that pathetic. Anyway, how can the AFL prohibit this? Isn't it the province of the ground authority?

Do they ban umbrellas? They did this at Manuka, but I simply tucked a fold-up into my leather jacket and waltzed in, just like I do with diet coke and chinese food. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back