Preview AFLW Round 5 Hawks vs Lions changes etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Onto round 5 after a strange game where 10 goals didn't feel like 10 goals.

Eardley out on concussion protocols, and Aine a test for a hand injury it'll be tough. Less than 5 goal loss would be a win I think

Lions aren’t tracking as well as the Dees at the moment, so hopefully the pain isn’t as bad as last week.

Looking forward to seeing if anyone steps up under the heat of the Lions pressure.

Brisbane's only goal from a poor high contact decision on the wing that was exacerbated by a soft in the back right in front of goal. Hawks otherwise defending really well.

this boomerang out of bounds rule needs work.

As an opposition player You shouldnt be able to shepherd the ball out to get a free kick, if you have time and every opportunity to pick the ball up and keep it in you should be required to do so or the umpire throws it in.

this boomerang out of bounds rule needs work.

As an opposition player You shouldnt be able to shepherd the ball out to get a free kick, if you have time and every opportunity to pick the ball up and keep it in you should be required to do so or the umpire throws it in.
I was saying at the time, that is as deliberate out of bound as you'll ever see. Especially when you consider the rule change to "insufficient intent" what intent did she have to keep the ball in play?

girls are doing great this quarter. Good ball movement, good tackling.

Another great goal. Could we sneak a win out here like in the mens!

Their vision has been elite this game. Handballs over the top to someone in the clear from congestion has been excellent.

Also Tilly Lucas-Rod is psychic. The turn over handball she received, she started running our way BEFORE the Lions player hand balled it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From 3 points down at 1/4 time to 8 points up at the half.

Good work by the girls all around to push ahead. Going to need to keep up this intensity to win, but so far its looking amazing!

You've seriously got something against her, did she turn you down at a bar or something?

Sorry for judging her on her football ability champ. If you can’t see it, you must be blind.

Given I am old enough to be her father, you are a filthy pig pal!

I like Baskaran, admittedly she has made a few mistakes but she's been getting better with every game and looks good when she gets a bit of space and can use her speed

I personally think baskarans got quite a bit of talent, has the occasional fumble at the worst time possible which would exacerbate things looking bad but otherwise I think shes got some good speed and skills.

Wasn't sure if we were getting screwed by the umps or the women's game has a different set of rules!

Either way, that Ashmore HTB on the goal line was horse s**t!
I thought she was gone, she had a fair amount of opportunity to get rid of it before getting tackled over the line.

as far as i saw she got a handball away and the umpire was in the wrong position to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back