VFLW VFLW Box Hill Hawks 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant more along the lines that it kinda kills the competition. You’ve got 10 top level aflw players running out there while most teams have 4-5 fringe players.

They let vflw players play in the ‘amateurs’ so why not? Plenty of pro womens district leagues for them to keep match fitness in

Hopefully the wining form carrys over into aflw

Iron sharpens iron. She can play against people below her level but she’s not gonna get much out of it. And hey she didn’t play this week so I’m sure she knows.

Iron sharpens iron. She can play against people below her level but she’s not gonna get much out of it. And hey she didn’t play this week so I’m sure she knows.
it's done for match fitness and to get some combinations (like Bates and West) minutes together. Obviously, you're not learning a lot in terms of how some of the topliners deal with opponents.

Fair enough, not sure I like what it does to the league though. And it’s not just you, we played Eilish Sheerin last week and the swans played half their squad.

Fair enough, not sure I like what it does to the league though. And it’s not just you, we played Eilish Sheerin last week and the swans played half their squad.
Swans and Giants are in a slightly different boat. Standard of state league footy in NSW/ACT is a fair bit lower, so they are playing for 5 weeks in the VFLW. they won't be eligible for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back