2nds Ah Chee player of the week

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see who will go in the midfield to allow Arch Moore Mitchell to get a game..good problem I suppose

Has played in the AFL as sub 3 times and has played 4 times in the SANFL for Port's best(and probably BOG) twice and once Port's 3rd best. Must be pushing very hard for a senior place, particularly as Polec has been ruled out for the year.

Has played in the AFL as sub 3 times and has played 4 times in the SANFL for Port's best(and probably BOG) twice and once Port's 3rd best. Must be pushing very hard for a senior place, particularly as Polec has been ruled out for the year.

i think its a like for like thing. Amon seems to be polecs replacement, and ah chee was wines.

"Andrew MooreLike Arch he contested hard around stoppage - would like to see it for longer periods in the game though. In the next few weeks Andrew just needs to string four good quarters together and dominate his direct opponent."

Moore must need to get 20 clearances, 10 I50's, 12 tackles, 5 goals and 40 possessions over 3 weeks to be looked at for AFL

interested from someone who watched the match how frampton looked?
Brilliant, Moved well, Good below his knees, Had some mongrel about him, Shepparding and Blocking seemed natural, got on the scoreboard. Looked much bigger than I was expecting compared to understand 18's, still needs a chest and Shoulders! Looked capable as a CHF, Used his knee well in the Ruck and jumped high and Aggressively.

It's safe to say I was mighty impressed

Brilliant, Moved well, Good below his knees, Had some mongrel about him, Shepparding and Blocking seemed natural, got on the scoreboard. Looked much bigger than I was expecting compared to understand 18's, still needs a chest and Shoulders! Looked capable as a CHF, Used his knee well in the Ruck and jumped high and Aggressively.

Thanks!
Meet him a couple times around the ground and im 6 foot 2 and felt he towered over me. to hear that he kicked a couple goals on début after a long lay off is very promising. Seemed like a decent young lad, will follow him

apparently his younger bro is being touted as a top 10 pick. more brothers?? he is a small forward and i think thats one area where we really lack a quality one....which is why we persist with sam gray.

(clearly wingard and robbie and top shelf but i see them more as part time forwards)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Andrew MooreLike Arch he contested hard around stoppage - would like to see it for longer periods in the game though. In the next few weeks Andrew just needs to string four good quarters together and dominate his direct opponent."

Moore must need to get 20 clearances, 10 I50's, 12 tackles, 5 goals and 40 possessions over 3 weeks to be looked at for AFL

Reads like Moore isn't in the frame for selection despite playing well enough for AFL. Really starting to look like he won't be with us in 2016.

Reads like Moore isn't in the frame for selection despite playing well enough for AFL. Really starting to look like he won't be with us in 2016.

Pretty much. It's a hard argument to mount that others have done more than him to get a game in front of him and continual good play to then read a coach saying a few more weeks of even better play will get you somewhere isn't going to set him on fire mentally. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a lull to be honest.

Moore had something like 2 touches in the last qtr, that's probably what they were getting at, until then he was the dominant player on the ground statistically.

For mine though he stood up when others didn't and he hit the scoreboard. He would be copping a lot of attention too compared to AhChee, teams aren't going to tag AhChee over Moore given Moore is still the better player at the moment.

Moore had something like 2 touches in the last qtr, that's probably what they were getting at, until then he was the dominant player on the ground statistically.

For mine though he stood up when others didn't and he hit the scoreboard. He would be copping a lot of attention too compared to AhChee, teams aren't going to tag AhChee over Moore given Moore is still the better player at the moment.
Also didn't fire for 4 qtrs against the cows a few weeks ago either.

Don't get me wrong, I love Moorey and he may have been the better player in the past but Ah Chee has been in better $ANFL form this year, simple as that.

Excellent. I saw Billy play a few times last year and my impressions were that he'd be a fair way off playing as a state league ruckman! Whilst he will certainly be eased into that position it's good to see he has immediately shown how adept he is around the ground so that all his eggs aren't in the one basket. Got around the ground beautifully, but had never seen evidence of him playing solely in any other role than ruck so wasn't sure if he had the natural smarts or not so it's fantastic to see him shine so early.

Mitch Harvey
Continues to show improvement in his forward craft, getting to lots of contests and is keeping the ball in his area better. Very trustworthy as well when he supports our rucks.

Me likey...

beat me to it. The two bits which gets me excited the most " improvement in his forward craft, getting to lots of contests" maybe he's not that far away as people think. It takes a lot for repeat contests and leads as well as rucking. Who knows what this guy can be that's the best thing

Is it just me or are others getting excited about Ah Chee.
When we recruited him he was a bottom aged player that would take time to develop but with unlimited potential. Is it starting to come true? :)

Is it just me or are others getting excited about Ah Chee.
When we recruited him he was a bottom aged player that would take time to develop but with unlimited potential. Is it starting to come true? :)

His handball alone makes my nips hard, Phil Walsh style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back