Most important showdown player

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Who do you think is our most important(not necessarily best) player this weekend?

I think an argument could be made for...

Lycett - neutralise the ruck and our mids should dominate

Aliir - he has been dominant at half back against the Crows several times. Their mids are OK at winning the ball but often blind kick i50.

DBJ - without Burton keeping Rankine and Rachelle quiet will be important.

Clurey - without Fog if he can keep Tex quiet is goes a long way to us winning.

Rozee/JHF - should both have a day out against the Crows midfield.

Charlie - if he has an on day and kicks straight they dont have a KPD to hold him.

For mine it is Ollie - if he can get first use and get it cleanly to Rozee, Butters, JHF and Bergman we win. Simple.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Robbie Gray has to kick 5 for us to win

Rozee. His showdown last year in round 23 was sublime. If he gets 30+ touches with his class and ball use, we will be incredibly hard to beat.

I don’t really watch the Crows close enough to say with certainty, but if Rozee/JHF are both up, they will be hard to contain. But to enable that, the ruck contest needs to be at least a contest. If Lycett is up and about, I don’t think the Crows will be able to cover both Rozee and JHF.

First use of the ball will also limit the ball to there crafty small forwards.

In short… it starts with Lycett 🫣

The mention of DBJ and Clurey being important cogs to stop their most dangerous forwards has me worried. If we can limit their score, we probably win.
Their first 2 weeks they had plenty of it, they just couldn't convert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think the HB Flank position is grossly underrated in modern day by fans and commentators

The player that acts as the QB dishing out the ball with the kick after the FB kick in

The Farrell, Burton, Bonner, Amon type player

That 45 degree ball into the centre or into space on the wings that opens up the play

With Burton out I think Bonner will step up and have a blinder

Not a popular choice but a very important role

Wines.

Needs to hit some form. Has been appalling so far this year. Understandable in a sense given his preseason, but he needs to start ramping it up.

If he gets going, JHF & Rozee will, and our midfield should control the game. He struggles again and it leaves a lot on the shoulders of JHF in his first showdown.

The mention of DBJ and Clurey being important cogs to stop their most dangerous forwards has me worried. If we can limit their score, we probably win.
Their first 2 weeks they had plenty of it, they just couldn't convert.
It's all about cut supply because our back line is the epitome of hot garbage.

Not a player, but Hinkley is most important.

The tactics, motivation, making the right moves at the right time and getting the boys up in what is an important game in our PB's

🤔😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 We are ****ed then.

JHF- yes, he was s**t last week but he strikes me as a big game player. Sort of like Wingard was, without announcing in the press on the morning of Showdown 35 that he was going to kick the winning goal- and did. But more quietly, JHF is the player who has the ability and the mindset to make a showdown his own.

This is his stage.

Wines.

Needs to hit some form. Has been appalling so far this year. Understandable in a sense given his preseason, but he needs to start ramping it up.

If he gets going, JHF & Rozee will, and our midfield should control the game. He struggles again and it leaves a lot on the shoulders of JHF in his first showdown.

I know possessions aren't the be all and end all but he's been our leading possession winner in both games so far.

It's all about cut supply because our back line Is the epitome of hot garbage.

Yep, but if you can't limit it going in there then you at least hope those defenders have an out of character really great day. I can see Rankine channeling the spirit of Eddie Betts and kicking them from the third row.

Yep, but if you can't limit it going in there then you at least hope those defenders have an out of character really great day. I can see Rankine channeling the spirit of Eddie Betts and kicking them from the third row.
Rachele kicking them from the carpark & doing Balboa goal celebrations.. it's all very possible

Butters will win the medal. Why? Because he is my buddy and he has been quiet. Look at his face! He is ready for this moments against a s**t team.

If we're relying on the defence at all, we're in trouble. We should be able to comfortably outclass them in the midfield, and it'll be game over.

If we get into an arm wrestle because our mids play the absolute garbage football we saw against Collingwood, it could be a long night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back