Preview Changes & Pre-Match discussion for Showdown: Round 3, 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasini must have shat on hinkleys front porch this week.
Less than 12 months from an AFL, with zero previous AFL experience, and a project player still working up to the level.

People need to be more patient, his time will come. No need to rush him.

I don’t mind that team.

Finlayson for MG makes sense. I hope MG is going through what Marshall-like growth period. Playing MG and Finlayson, plus Dixon, Marshall and Lycett would be pretty unbalanced team (if 1 was a defender though…)

The only thing that must be keeping Jonas & DBJ in the side are their titles, because it sure as hell can’t be their current form. I’ve got no issue with Mitch being dropped, but there are obvious double standards at play here which can destroy the confidence & trust of the entire playing group.

Our ruck situation must be dire if we are still backing in Lycett after his deplorable start to the year.

How many times are we gonna go back to the Bonner well?
Another wing rotation for Bergman and Duursma will be handy. But if anyone has to fill in at half back, it's Bergman and not Bonner. Keep him up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About as good as we could have hoped for from Ken. Lycett, DJB and Jonas are locked in as long as he is. He's not debuting Pasini or giving Hayes another game.

Get on Rankine to kick 5+.
Rankine and Rochelle look very dangerous. If they win the midfield we’re in trouble.
I gotta feeling they may get the jump on us.

About as good as we could have hoped for from Ken. Lycett, DJB and Jonas are locked in as long as he is. He's not debuting Pasini or giving Hayes another game.

Get on Rankine to kick 5+.

How on earth would’ve either of hayes or pasini stopped Rankine anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The only thing that must be keeping Jonas & DBJ in the side are their titles, because it sure as hell can’t be their current form. I’ve got no issue with Mitch being dropped, but there are obvious double standards at play here which can destroy the confidence & trust of the entire playing group.

Our ruck situation must be dire if we are still backing in Lycett after his deplorable start to the year.
Must be their magnificent leadership that comes to the fore when things are going against us week in week out.
Could be their elite disposal by hand and foot.
Could be their ice cool composure in the backline when under pressure
Could be their unshakable commitment to the cause and never veering off the line.
Somehow I doubt it.

Bonner is not the worst player and I think I rate him higher than most around here so I'm pretty happy with his selection. Burgoyne will be a player one day but at the moment he just doesn't provide enough, he looks like a school boy out there. Good decision.

Mitch only has himself to blame, I just hope Finlayson isn't under done. Happy to bring Clurey in now Burton and McKenzie are both out, he's towelled up Walker before so I'm assuming that will be his job again.

Farell and Bonner are nice weapons to have coming out of defence but they really need to be accountable with Rachele and Rankine running around. Hopefully it's not down there too much anyway because on paper their midfield is just plain garbage. Rory Sloane is still their starting rover 🤣

I read that as t***ies first time though lol

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really anything groundbreaking is it.

Finlayson - was always coming in, that's not exactly a statement.
Clurey - next in line for a defender spot + it's an admission they completely ****ed selection last week. But again, not really a statement pick.
Boak - always coming back in
Bonner - another 'safe' pick

Could have gone Pasini over Clurey atleast. Jones staying in over literally anyone else is weird.

Lets be honest, no one is putting any pressure on at all so all the changes are just run of the mill Hinkley.

Oh gees how many captains or vice captains are ever dropped? It was never happening, nor should it. It isn’t double standards. Maybe if both have another 5 games like that, then dropping them makes sense.

DBJ and Jonas had very average games agains the pies and Jonas appears to be on the decline. Both are our most experienced defenders. Yes they provide leadership and help the back six structure up. And yea, they make mistakes and can be real pain in the butt at times.

These are the basic changes that should have happened last week, although I was intrigued to see if the small, fast defence would work. So the coaches have basically admitted they made a mistake and corrected it. Isn’t that a good thing?

Raz has barely played footy and hasn’t set the world on fire. Jones could be a future star, give him time to develop, isn’t everyone always ragging on Hinks because he doesn’t support and back young players? I wouldn’t have minded if they shuffled him back to Burton’s spot but he would get reshuffled in two weeks when Burton is back so maybe better to let him settle up front.

Why Bonner? Isn’t he the closest like for like for Burton? I appreciate he isn’t as good a defender.

Could be harsh on Burgoyne?

Pasini hadn’t played much footy full stop prior to doing his ACL. That hasn’t changed a year later. Hinkley would give him a run if he was ready.

Lycett is our senior ruck. Of course he gets to prove himself. Have another game or two like last week and he will be gone.

We’ve talked ad nausem about Hayes, Teakle and Visentini. If Lycett doesn’t pull his finger out then he will be replaced. It’s likely that will be Teaks because he offers more around the ground, although Hayes appears to be the better tap ruckman. To be honest, I hope Dante comes on rapidly as it appears Hayes and Teaks are flawed and won’t make it.

Jones staying in over literally anyone else is weird.
The Jones spot certainly feels like the up for grabs one amongst the fringe players.

Fantasia, Sinn, Mead, Evans, Dumont, Bonner (after Burton returns). That's the group looking at that spot thinking it's gettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back