Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you'll find literally no-one is condoning the Port supporter's actions. However, it is possible for both parties to be in the wrong. In my opinion the Port supporters shouldn't have been harassing Clarkson like that, but Clarkson was also wrong to react in the way he did.

Clarkson tried to walk away - three times. The dickhead wouldn't leave him alone. The idiot had his chance to back off and he didn't.

Ironically the pacifists on here are condemning little Alistair for sticking up for himself against 3 drunken yobbos, if, heavenforbid, it was their wife or sister on the receiving end of these thugs, they would be clapping him on the back for championing their cause.

Funny you mention that.

Lets imagine it's YOUR sister or daughter. Whose boyfriend "pushes her" by swinging his hand forcefully at her head in a motion surprisingly reminiscent of a left hook. And then runs away.

Lets be realistic here. A woman in a bad mood can be far more irritating and persistent in her sledging than the most obnoxious footy fan.

So you'll be clapping him on the back for his righteousness?

So if the police come out and say he will not be charged, you'll apologise? or are you just a blatant troll?
Why would I apologise? How cute though that you've asked for that, but is it for your benefit of his? Are you really all that precious?

FWIW, I haven't once said he should be charged.

Basically this. Belting some drunk guy and then hiding behind your entourage is a dog act.
Being a drunk guy and using the "I'm drunk, I'm not responsible for being a dickhead" act to annoy other people is a dog act.

But do you want to live in a world where beating the s**t out of someone is the socially acceptable response to provocation?

Clarksons response was not unreasonable, but borderline. However there are plenty of people on here talking up their tough guy credentials or demanding blood. That is concerning.
Why don't we work out some socially acceptable response to being a provoker? Maybe forcing them to wear a hat for a week that says I'm a dickhead.

Why exactly?

The law doesn't protect your right to beat the s**t out of people who antagonise you. It happens regularly if you go out and the vast majority of people can deal with minor annoyance without resorting to violence.

What Clarko did wasn't over the top, but suggesting the person got off lightly is.

Well it's possible that the same behaviour towards other members of the public (judging by the bigfooty and media response) would have been decking and also grabbing and smashing of phone. Low profile general public may not have been identified and could have escaped penalty as well.

He was just that for mine, a drunken yob. Annoying as ****, they always are, but you don't have the right to just belt them because they're annoying you.

He'd walked with them the whole pathway and there was nothing physical. He gets right to the door and suddenly feels the need to protect himself with a jab to the throat?

Unfortunately for public figures they have to put up with this s**t all the time. They don't all respond with violence.

Clarko has anger issues and it's only ever a matter of time until the next time he does something stupid.

If they don't get belted how are they going to learn that their behaviour isn't acceptable. Police barely ever charge the drunk and disorderly (more often they just dump em in the emergency department then I have to sort them out)

It started early with 'clarko'.

kid-car-seat-car-punches-sister-1367315178l.gif

Examples please

So you think when someone says "belt someone in a similar circumstance" that they want to put him in hospital with braindamage... or do you mean actually kill them?

Do you think that when people say "Belt the living suitcases out of someone" that actual suit cases come flying out of wounds from being belted up..... really mate FFS.

I have seen no one on this thread seriously want see anyone hurt.

I can have a good guess on a couple of things though..... You do not have brothers, you did not go to boarding school, you have never played a contact sport.

Early in the thread there was a lot of "flog was lucky, if it was me I would have decked him". How much is hyperbole, or keyboard warrioring though is unclear. Probably enough to give the impression that a sizeable proportion would act in a more violent way.

For me not enough blame is going on the flog. If you get into peoples faces and heckle/ sledge you get what you deserve IMO. A bit of fear that this could happen might help reduce annoying behaviour.

So all are excusable?

How about punching a bloke from behind? There is a clear pattern of behavior.

Basically, anyone you have to walk on eggshells around, for fear of an agressive or physical response is a fair campaigner. Given the way his supposed friends talk about him, often implying that he has anger problem, there is probably a fair bit more that never makes the press. As for the ump at the footy game it wasnt a one off.

Theres a difference between walking on eggshells and getting into someones face and screaming at point blank range. Unless you think the latter is socially normal behaviour.

Why would I apologise? How cute though that you've asked for that, but is it for your benefit of his? Are you really all that precious?

FWIW, I haven't once said he should be charged.

You see, these people, called the police, are right now, looking at the video (all of the video, and possibly other videos) getting statements off actual real human beings who happen to see it with their own eyes, (and quite a few of those eyes belong to mature, sober professional) and developing a picture as to what happened.

What they're not doing, is watching channel 9 news, and deciding that Clarko had no reason to be in ear of his safety, based purely on a small, grainy, 10 second clip. Foaming at the mouth, and crying outraged at their computer screens as to the horribleness of the incident.

It's quite simple really, police are investigating, and if his reaction was unreasonable in the circumstances, he will be charged with assault.
Vice Versa.
Get it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comments like this are just ridiculous. He was being loud and obnoxious but that doesn't been he deserved to get punched.

Obnoxiousness needs to be controlled. Society seems to be giving a free pass to people to be obnoxious shits and everyone is supposed to cop it. Like at work we get drug affected people who yell, scream, try to punch us and there's no ongoing consequence to them for a behaviour that they chose (ie chose to take drug). Speaking to the police they don't bother pressing charges for the drug affected behaviour.

You see, these people, called the police, are right now, looking at the video (all of the video, and possibly other videos) getting statements off actual real human beings who happen to see it with their own eyes, (and quite a few of those eyes belong to mature, sober professional) and developing a picture as to what happened.
Real human beings? :D

Hawthorn supporters are losing it, albeit not as fast as Alastair loses it, but lose it they are.

Clarkson could of killed h

lets just start hitting drunks who aren't expecting it because theyre being loud.........Yeah that will go down well.......OH wait david hookes DIED BECAUSE OF SOME FWIT KING HITTING HIM CAUSE HE WAS A LOUD DRUNK

See, he shouldn't have been a loud drunk. Take some responsibility for your own actions FFS (And yes I know that the bouncer punched him after Hookes was already leaving which is clearly wrong). But here's a hint - don't be a loud campaigning drunk and you wont have to worry about people punching you for the same.

Clarkson didn't receive any worse than what a reporter doing a live cross from outside a stadium cops.

The bloke wasn't even looking at him at the lead-up to Clarko going whack. Obnoxious yes, threatening no.

Stop listening to the Hawthorn PR & just watch the footage with both eyes open.

What do you mean not looking at him. He's got his face yelling straight at clarksons ear. Clarkson's not looking at the flog when he throws the arm back. Maybe open your eyes.

Its irrelevant how we would have reacted, he's an AFL coach and has extra responsibility in the public eye. There was absolutely no suggestion the guy was going to become physical so Clarko should have walked the extra 5 meters and got in the lift

If someone is that close to me Im worried they're going to get physical soon; and clearly they haven't responded to requests to leave/ stay away. Yeah I'm pushing (then I'm running cause I'm a small f**ker and probably can't last long in a fight)

here here. Too many acts of violence after hours. People need to learn to ignore the rubbish and walk on. It diffuses on its own and no one gets hurt. What Clarko did is a perfect example of what not to do

Then how do those who act like rubbish learn not to act that way.

Police do nothing
If victims (yes, I'm calling people who have to tolerate drunk shits victims, come at me) can't do anything these shits get free reign to do what they like. I don't want that type of society. But then I also believe that a few public floggings wouldn't go astray either.

Early in the thread there was a lot of "flog was lucky, if it was me I would have decked him". How much is hyperbole, or keyboard warrioring though is unclear. Probably enough to give the impression that a sizeable proportion would act in a more violent way.

For me not enough blame is going on the flog. If you get into peoples faces and heckle/ sledge you get what you deserve IMO. A bit of fear that this could happen might help reduce annoying behaviour.

I could not disagree more. This act will insight future acts because of the publicity it has received. All this dickhead wanted was to make a scene, and look at the scene he has created!

Clarkson definitely brain snapped. It wasn't self defence, the guy wasn't even looking at him. You can actually see in Clarkson eye the moment he snaps, it wasn't a calculated push, it was an aggressive strike.

Poor form by all involved.

Stupid argument. Only takes a few seconds of thought to work that out.

In the words of the immortal Al Swearengen: You can't just cut the throat of every @^#$ sucker whose character it would improve.

I could not disagree more. This act will insight future acts because of the publicity it has received. All this dickhead wanted was to make a scene, and look at the scene he has created!

Clarkson definitely brain snapped. It wasn't self defence, the guy wasn't even looking at him. You can actually see in Clarkson eye the moment he snaps, it wasn't a calculated push, it was an aggressive strike.

Poor form by all involved.

Then perhaps the cops will get off their arses and start putting into remand some of the dicks that act this way instead of taking the "left wing socially sympathethetic they're only drunk line"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back