Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

If someone or a group of people are following you and taunting you, including screaming in your face then you should have a right to physically respond.

You probably don't anymore in this time of craziness, but you should.

That is why I'm annoyed Clarko apologised and I'm also waiting for these flogs to be charged with DAD, entrapment and filming someone without their permission.
Yeeeeaaaah, but if it becomes okay to chop any in your face pissartist half melbourne won't make it through the weekend standing.

Could we handball this to the AFL tribunal, intentional or reckless, accumulated points and so forth? I would give him two weeks reduced to one for a guilty plea

Nonetheless, being the most successful coach in the modern era is bound to mean the tall poppy sufferers / little fellas jump all over him, ala "Chief" and "laphroaig".

Frogshit.

Tall poppy syndrome has nothing to do with forming an opinion of a king hit coward with a long history of uncontrollable temper with ugly results.

We are all animals and act according to our mammilian brain. If we repress that reflex action we become the pathetic anxious depressed society we are today, scared of our own shadows. Where men are becoming less man and more confused, like this thread :confused:

#MeTarzanYouJane

If no one repressed their animal instincts there would be anarchy;

- Everyone shitting in the streets when they need to
- People stealing s**t if they want it
- Men raping women if they're attracting to them

Rules and conscience seperate us from other animals, surely you see that?

Silly post.

If someone or a group of people are following you and taunting you, including screaming in your face then you should have a right to physically respond.

You probably don't anymore in this time of craziness, but you should.

That is why I'm annoyed Clarko apologised and I'm also waiting for these flogs to be charged with DAD, entrapment and filming someone without their permission.

These red necks shouldn't be charged according to the cowards on this site, Its open slather, we can get toasted and torment whoever we like for how ever long we like with no fear of repercussion. I can't wait !

Who hasn't punched a wall once in their lives?

Most people haven't. Most people haven't completely lost their rag and made a real campaigner of themselves at a junior sports event either.

And only a very small percentage of the population have ever run 50 metres to king hit a bloke from behind and then turned on a sixpence and run away like a piss weak coward.

Context.

Most people haven't. Most people haven't completely lost their rag and made a real campaigner of themselves at a junior sports event either.

And only a very small percentage of the population have ever run 50 metres to king hit a bloke from behind and then turned on a sixpence and run away like a piss weak coward.

Context.

Most people haven't been employed at the country's most expensive school,
Played afl football, had a successful coaching career at lower levels then become the greatest coach of the modern era either....

Frogshit.

Tall poppy syndrome has nothing to do with forming an opinion of a king hit coward with a long history of uncontrollable temper with ugly results.

Haha....you reek of offended

So because of one incident 30 years ago in an era when kick hits were the norm your still grasping your tampon with both hands...surely not!

Context.

NOW we uncover this persons motivation for posting

If its past behaviour, lets look at the rap sheet for the pests. If any one has been done for gbh, hes automatically the guilty party by your logic

All a nice story, except the hotel door was 5m away.

And then yesterday we had a guy squaring up to Chris Judd and he managed to keep space between him and the aggressor before the public stepped in.

Clarkson snapped when he really didn't have to. The video and circumstances reported by the Hawthorn witnesses make it pretty obvious he had other options.
The Chris Judd one was totally different, he was obviously not quite right, was n more likely to trip over his own shoelaces than harm Juddy, and Judd was lucky enough to have plenty of room to move, he wasn't boxed in against the wall

Last edited:
The Chris Judd one was totally different, he was obviously quite right, was n more likely to trip over his own shoelaces than harm Juddy, and Judd was lucky enough to have plenty of room to move, he wasn't boxed in against the wall

Major difference here is that Clarkson walked away, Judd was standing there watching the abuse unfold, waiting for the opportune moment to be assaulted to give a green light to kick the sh*t out of him.

Context.

Wow, talk about some deep seated hatred for the bloke. As I said before your agenda is set in stone.

Frogshit.

This is the bullshit black and white ignorance that represents everything that's wrong with media in general.

Sorry, reasonable responses?

Calling what you can see on video a "push" is unreasonable.

Calling his actions justified is unreasonable.

Getting upset about someone not making every single post as serious as you think it should be is unreasonable.

"You are trolling! You've been sat on your arse! You're speaking gibberish! His players were waaaaaay on the other side of a window!" - Hardly decent counters at all.

I think what you're referring to is me deferring to a couple of people on a couple of points... when on closer inspection those counter-arguments don't really add up anyway. Had I gone back and looked more closely at the time, as I did later, I would have seen a few bluffs and favourable interpretations being touted as hard fact. I should have kept walking, instead I said fair play. To be fair, I felt threatened.

We all know Clarkson is an angry chappie. He made a mistake and has admitted as much but strangely is still calling "we felt threatened". I think people would respect him a lot more if he was honest about it and admitted he was just riled up, apologised and moved on.

Now we have the "real men hit, they don't put up with s**t" chanting and placard waving.

On this issue, you're now in a corner you probably won't ever leave no matter what the evidence.

Clarkson admitted he should have kept walking, but you're still waving that placard.

There is so much wrong, so much over blowing of comments made and so much falsification here that it isn't even worth the effort.

Have fun.

Its called being a coward, these are the types that would allow there father mother sister brother or kids to be tormented and do nothing but watch on.
Apparently if you hit someone 'no matter what' you are the coward these days.

They are literally brainwashing boys in kids tv shows, at schools and in the media that if you hit someone you are a coward.

Wow. What you said above will soon be the reality.

#MeTarzanYouJane

If no one repressed their animal instincts there would be anarchy;

- Everyone shitting in the streets when they need to
- People stealing s**t if they want it
- Men raping women if they're attracting to them

Rules and conscience seperate us from other animals, surely you see that?

Silly post.
Me being allowed to defend myself in perceived danger is a tad different to u sh1tting in the street etc but well done for trying to play.
My fault, i should have known my point would be beyond the intelligence levels here :confused:

OK you win. I will add a smilie every time I am injecting a little hyperbole.

Think: what if the guy fell over and hit his head. Clarkson would on bail awaiting a hearing right now.

Note the lack of smilie.

Did he fall and hit his head? Perhaps the blow wasn't all you'd like to make it out to be and that's why the guy did manage to not hit the ground despite being drunk and made contact with. Perhaps the force of the whack was exactly what the situation needed and no more. I doubt he even needed to rub the point of contact.

As I said, have fun. I'm done here.

Last edited:
When did I say anything remotely resembling that? Do I need to use shorter words?

My position is quite simple. That the response to socially unacceptable behaviour should never be escalation into a higher degree of socially unacceptable behaviour.

High level sledging by a drunk is not acceptable, and I have in no way suggested it is. However. I fail to see how anyone who can be trusted to feed themselves without poking their own eye out with a fork can not comprehend that physical violence is a great big step above taunting. It is a great big step more unacceptable. It raises this situation from merely unpleasant to just one step away from a mass brawl in a public place and physical danger to everyone in the vicinity.

Especially when followed by running away. Especially when the running away option was clearly available without throwing the punch.

Clarkson was an angry little coward as a player and it appears that despite all the chances he's had over the years, all the pretend remorse - he still is an angry little coward.
My point is more the failure of society to police such crap behaviour has allowed it to proliferate uncontrollably

Why is it that the PC patrol empathise with these drunk flogs who were clearly trying to entrap Clarko?

I think some are genuinely concerned with the reaction Clarko made, the shove was maybe too hard for their liking. That's ok it is only an opinion, they have probably never been in an altercation in their life.
Yesterday the consensus amongst the handwringers was that Clarko king hit the yobbo, seriously they think it was a king hit. It goes to show how out of touch society is,

Most however simply dislike him at best, hate him at worse, and are using this incident to vent their anger and faux moral outrage.

To think Clarkson has a case to answer is utterly ridiculous, the yobbos went out of the way to provoke Clarko with the intention of getting a response that they were filming.

Haven't we condemned gangs of thugs going around the streets targeting innocent people and filming it. How is this any different

So Clarkson didn't just whack some bogan?

He was saving society from itself!

Thanks for clearing that up Hawks fans. :thumbsu:
Have you seen the 1960 movie with Rod Taylor called the Time Machine.

If you have you might remember the 'Elois'. If you do you may also remember how the Morlocks would ring a siren and they would walk into their own death. They would never fight back and never ask questions.

H.G Wells was considered 100 years ahead of his time for opening up discussion about racism and the class systems, but what he doesn't get credit for is a third message in there.

Do you want your kids to be brainwashed Elois?

Apparently if you hit someone 'no matter what' you are the coward these days.

They are literally brainwashing boys in kids tv shows, at schools and in the media that if you hit someone you are a coward.

Wow. What you said above will soon be the reality.

Wow. Teaching kids that violence doesn't solve problems, what a disaster!

Back