Toast Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who suggested we delist Pearce in recent weeks... give yourself an upper cut.
Pearce is obviously the best of our injury prone players. But I think it's fair to say that we can't carry all 3 of Hill, Hamling or Pearce into next year. At least one of them has to go and yesterday proved that Pearce is not that one

Pearce is obviously the best of our injury prone players. But I think it's fair to say that we can't carry all 3 of Hill, Hamling or Pearce into next year. At least one of them has to go and yesterday proved that Pearce is not that one
Yeah I wouldn't group those three together. Pearce just turned 26. Hamling is 28. And Hill is 31.

One is an AA quality key back. Another is a premiership winning key back. They are both worth persisting with imo.

I love Hill but even if gets back this year he will just be taking opportunities away from developing players like Walker. Hopefully he gets a goodbye game but if not he should always be remembered as a great former Docker.

Yeah I wouldn't group those three together. Pearce just turned 26. Hamling is 28. And Hill is 31.

One is an AA quality key back. Another is a premiership winning key back. They are both worth persisting with imo.

I love Hill but even if gets back this year he will just be taking opportunities away from developing players like Walker. Hopefully he gets a goodbye game but if not he should always be remembered as a great former Docker.
Mine was more from a list management point. Can you keep 3 players over 25 who have collectively played less than 10 games over the past 2 years? I feel like that puts you on the back foot straight away availability wise.

Stephen Hill is done. I do hope he can get back before the end of the year one last hoorah, but he won’t get another contract. He deserves a good send off.

I’d persist with Hamling, even if doesn’t get back before the end of the year. He looked good in the pre-season and just needs to get on top of the loading issue he has on his foot which may take a bit more time.

He was awesome yesterday. All these leg injuries and he’s still ridiculously quick.
One on one he’s clearly our best key defender both in the air and on the ground and yesterday was the first time Longmuir had coached him as a defender on game day. Hopefully we can take the game on more through the corridor now as we are less exposed on the turnover with Alex at full back playing one on one.

The adrenaline was pumping on Saturday I reckon. I had a 5 year break from footy after high school and it all seemed to click that first game and honestly felt like a superhero..barely touched it the week after.

I am still so happy for Pearce and honestly nearly had a few tears watching his post game interview. Spoke from the heart and that’s the passion we want to see from our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depressing that Hill is now 31 when I can remember him being the pacey great hope that would carry us into the future. Will never forget his breakout game at Subi against Adelaide when he kicked that goal on the run and the whole crowd lit up.

So cool and calm from the start.Looks like he has not missed a game.
The mortar is beginning to get mixed again.
Logue back, hopefully Cox, this year, and Hamling next season.
Our back line will become a fortress again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back