Multiplat Alien: Isolation

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually getting frustrated with this atm. Really wish it had autosave when you get to objectives. Alien keeps getting me.

You just need to keep quiet and watch out for the alien slime dripping out of vents.

It's definitely a game where you need to calculate your movements - running through will rarely work.

You just need to keep quiet and watch out for the alien slime dripping out of vents.

It's definitely a game where you need to calculate your movements - running through will rarely work.
Yep, it's all about taking it slow and watching the environment and plotting your next movement.

Sometimes you have to take a risk when you see open space, but definitely take your time before moving on.

Most situations will take a few goes to get through, but it's all worth it in the end.

Its ok there was just a section I was having trouble with. It was close quarters and the Alien wouldn't move away enough for me to get anywhere or would pop up somewhere stupid. Then finally it just went into the vent and stayed there.

So I finished it this morning. A couple of frustrating sections but overall a good game. Thought the ending was a bit predictable and looks open to a sequel.

This is the only game I've played that has made me s**t my pants and jump in my seat so props to it for that

Finally got around to finishing up the Pre-Order DLC, Nostromo and Ripley missions.

They're pretty decent albeit VERY short. Probably not really worth the extra in the end, there's just not enough actual content to it to justify the purchase.

Both throw up a couple of new gameplay differences, one of them being a fantastic 'chase' sequence in the vents.

But yeah, overall, a relatively disappointing Pre-Order bonus. Not necessarily for what is there, but mainly for how little of it there is.

So I was looking to pick this up on the cheap as the overall vibe of it sounds pretty good. Checked out a few stores and nothing really made me buy it (especially not eb) with their prices.

Anyway jump online to download newest Game Of Thrones ep and its $31 in the ps store. Sold. I think it'll be well worth that price.

So I was looking to pick this up on the cheap as the overall vibe of it sounds pretty good. Checked out a few stores and nothing really made me buy it (especially not eb) with their prices.

Anyway jump online to download newest Game Of Thrones ep and its $31 in the ps store. Sold. I think it'll be well worth that price.

Good price. Might also buy it.

Finished this last night after taking a week or so to get stuck into it. I'm not usually a horror fan as im normally a little bitch but as a lot of quality games seemed to be coming out in that genre I wanted to get into it somehow. So I started with this...

Maybe it's just me but parts of this thing had me absolutely shitting myself. The first few attempts on chapter 5 where the alien first comes out I was just in a complete state of panic that i was just hiding from the thing not really knowing where it was and basically just waiting to die.

And all through that section it was like the damn thing was doing lines of coke up in the vents the way it was jumping in and out and scaring the crap out of me.

Originally I didn't understand how a game that reviewed so well was criticized for being too long but having played it it definitely makes sense. A lot of the last third or so of the game after you get back from the air lock really didn't need to be included and just seemed like unnecessary filler.

Like the section with the trams speeding past as you're getting back to the suit; and even Marlows ship just felt like a waste of time and detracted from what was really driving the intensity - the alien. Stuff the androids they worked better as a complement to the alien not when they were the main threat imo. And once you've got the flamethrower even that loses some of its terror but it is great to see how the alien cowers a little after its burnt once or twice before. Its AI really is what makes the game.

But anyway a bloody good game that needs more love on here and I'm really happy with the purchase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clocked this one last night - holy s**t what a terrible ending. Great game, enjoyed all of the way thru, but severely let down by the ending. Fave part of the game was blasting other humans trying to escape at the end of the game - flame throwing, bolt gunning & pipe bombing something that actually died after you shot them was awesome :)

I dont play online stuff, but would imagine a quake style multiplayer version of this against other survivors would be super cool.

Worth grabbing this one as is now very cheap (i picked it up for $17), a different experience from the classic Witcher/Fallout/COD/MGS shootem up style of games.

Going cheap with the Xbox live games with gold at the moment, I guess from this thread it is well worth a buy?
Yes get it. I don't play survival/horror games or whatever this genre's called but being an Alien fan I picked this up last year. Loved it. The atmosphere is brilliant.

Have finally finished this game.

Wow:
- genuinely scary. The most anxious I've ever been playing a game. I regularly had to stop to breathe
- androids are just ******* annoying
- you have to play with noise detection on. It completely immerses you in the game
- some sections are very tedious. I enjoy the hide n seek, but it became too much cycling slowly back through places you've already been
- decent visuals on PS4
- the game probably needed a bit more variety
- still completely exceeded my expectations and can't be topped for genuine near heart attacks
- overall 8.5/10

Have finally finished this game.

Wow:
- genuinely scary. The most anxious I've ever been playing a game. I regularly had to stop to breathe
- androids are just ******* annoying
- you have to play with noise detection on. It completely immerses you in the game
- some sections are very tedious. I enjoy the hide n seek, but it became too much cycling slowly back through places you've already been
- decent visuals on PS4
- the game probably needed a bit more variety
- still completely exceeded my expectations and can't be topped for genuine near heart attacks
- overall 8.5/10

It's brilliant. I wish they'd make a sequel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back