Toast All-Australian Lions in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite like the team really. I'm fairly settled with the fact that this current iteration of our team isn't ever going to be the type to have 4-5 AA players due to our lower possession, more team-oriented game style.

Merrett and Serong were the only question marks for me (probably over Libba and Neale). Andrews somewhat a victim of his own high standards.

I had the awards on while playing baldurs gate 3. Don't think I turned it off mute except for Jaspa's interview? No robbo = no point listening.

While I like Bont, they seemed to interview him for about 30min. Every time I looked up he was still going.

Really the only good thing aside from Charlie AA, was Toby captain.

These awards nights get less and less interesting the better the team you support is.

I quite like the team really. I'm fairly settled with the fact that this current iteration of our team isn't ever going to be the type to have 4-5 AA players due to our lower possession, more team-oriented game style.

Merrett and Serong were the only question marks for me (probably over Libba and Neale). Andrews somewhat a victim of his own high standards.

Same thing you say in the first para is exactly why we don’t have any players in the top 30-40 of the new champion data ratings system.

Andrews dead set robbed. How Moore and Sicily get in is typical VFL rubbish, not to mention Stewart, Merrett both underwhelming and Josh Daicos getting in because of his brother.

What tops it off is the same argument used for Ashcroft not winning the Rising Star - missing to many games - is then ignored for the likes of Sicily 5 games and Moore I think 4.

Most of you have also raised concerns I have but if this team is playing - which they always say is the guide used, then who in this team is playing second ruck; Walker, Curnow or Larkey - yep I’m buying that.

I honestly think all of Neale (Merrett or Josh Daicos) Andrews (Sicily or Moore) And Joe (Larkey) were more deserving if this team actually had a modicum of integrity and not based off selectors picking based off agendas.

I know they’re personal awards, but I hope the 3 that missed out use it as extra motivation t/o the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think neale probably missed out in the end due to daicos being selected in the midfield instead of the flank to let houston in the team

port do seem to do very well in the all-australian side each year

Because Cornes and Buckley were on the selection panel.

Thinking emoji

Based on the form and games this year would you rather have Larkey or Daniher ?

If you’re picking an actual team you’d pick Daniher, but if you’re picking the best three tall forwards it’s Larkey.

Both deserving, both would’ve been stiff to miss out

How embarrassing was Dangerfield, please never again.

I didn’t watch it so not sure what happened, but * Dangerfield in the media is the worst. Never thought I could dislike the guy more, but if he becomes a talking head (which he will) so help me I might actually turn off footy media for a while.

On the flip side, I’ve really enjoyed Hawkins brief roles on foxfooty this year, I’d be happy to get more of him in the next few years after he retires.

I didn’t watch it so not sure what happened, but * Dangerfield in the media is the worst. Never thought I could dislike the guy more, but if he becomes a talking head (which he will) so help me I might actually turn off footy media for a while.

On the flip side, I’ve really enjoyed Hawkins brief roles on foxfooty this year, I’d be happy to get more of him in the next few years after he retires.
I like Hawkins to and have come around on Buckley.

I’m already cringing at the thought of Riewoldt and Dangerfield next year. They’ll be worse than Lewis.

Someone like Phil Davis speaks well and I’d be happy listening to, but god forbid you being able to string a few words together or not think you are gods greatest gift.

Hazard a guess Andrews, Neale, Daniher and Ashcroft didn’t lose any sleep over not being named in the AA squad or not winning the rising star, and I hope anyone not happy about them being overlooked didn’t either.

Could've dropped Charlie and given it to someone else too.

Would've capped off their selection process.

Toby Greene captain?? How??

I guess you haven't been watching GWS much this season then. He's been their barometer and singlehandedly kept the team in contention across many games when they looked like gone after first half. Best game to watch is against Dogs at Ballarat. Deep in trouble with only 17 points on board in Q3, enter Toby with 4 goals in a quarter and 5 for the match.

For the first half of the year, I actually think Dunks outperformed Lachie. Maybe that's because Lachie's base has been at such a high level for a number of years now he gets judged a bit more harshly, but I don't necessarily disagree with the panel to leave him out. I probably haven't seen enough games from other teams consistently enough to determine whether the players put in instead of him deserved to be though.

Let's hope this might work in our favour though and it fires him up even more for finals.

A few of our players were stiff but Merrett over Libba or Lachie Neale? Got to be kidding.

dont know how neale misses personally but oh well

congrats to charlie!
Tbh imo Neale and Clugga struggled a fair bit this year to be at their best .
I reckon Andrews and Daniher should of been in the team though, no surprise there though.
Charlie undisputably deserved the jacket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back