Toast All-Australian Lions in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

He made the squad last year no? I personally think he deserved it but I also fully think that his popularity due to his name and playing for Collingwood is the reason they decided to pick actual wingers this year in him and Gulden.

So it feels ******* s**t because it shouldn’t have to take that popularity for the selectors to pull their head out of their ass. All fault lies with the selectors for their shithousery in the past and not on Josh or Collingwood themselves.
Spot on , and might I add Clugga deserved the jacket in years past , but not this year.

He made the squad last year no? I personally think he deserved it but I also fully think that his popularity due to his name and playing for Collingwood is the reason they decided to pick actual wingers this year in him and Gulden.

So it feels ******* s**t because it shouldn’t have to take that popularity for the selectors to pull their head out of their ass. All fault lies with the selectors for their shithousery in the past and not on Josh or Collingwood themselves.
This is the bit that annoys me - they finally stop stashing extra mids on wings precisely when a Magpie is the beneficiary. They wouldn't do it for McCluggage, and I'd have to say Neale would have been the beneficiary from stashing someone like Merrett on a wing.

I guess you haven't been watching GWS much this season then. He's been their barometer and singlehandedly kept the team in contention across many games when they looked like gone after first half. Best game to watch is against Dogs at Ballarat. Deep in trouble with only 17 points on board in Q3, enter Toby with 4 goals in a quarter and 5 for the match.

The Sydney game came to mind too, in part because it got called by the commentator - Toby marks the ball at half forward, and dumps the ball into the forward fifty for a spilled mark and a stoppage, commentator adds that this is a win because now Toby can get forward to the ball, sure enough Toby roves the ball and kicks the goal.

Lachie Neale not in is a joke, would love to see him win the Brownlow, would make the AA selectors look pretty silly.

Neale:

#1 in competition for clearances
#3 for contested possessions
#5 coaches votes
5th favourite for Brownlow

Played a big part in getting us to 2nd position on the ladder.

Doesn't make the team yet Zac Merrett does. Kinda ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile ................ have you seen the AFL Brownlow Predictor? While these are never 100% accurate, maybe its a repeat of 2010-2011.

View attachment 1790771
A lot of Neales votes come from Fish's voting and he is a fan of Lachie so might be a bit of unintended bias. Would love it to be right though.

A lot of Neales votes come from Fish's voting and he is a fan of Lachie so might be a bit of unintended bias. Would love it to be right though.

However he’s been quite open that the AFL journos were told to vote like they think the umpires would actually vote, not who they think should get votes; and to be fair we know the umpires love Lachie

I don't watch enough opposition games anymore to have a valid opinion on who shouldn't have made the team but I do think that none of our players had outstanding individual seasons so I can understand only having one make the team.

I personally thought Harris and Charlie were our best chances but didn't think both would make it.

Lachie had a slightly down year on his usual standard imo.

Danniher had his best year for us but going off goals I can see why others made it before him.

Harris was really good and had a better year than last year but I didn't think he was outstanding so again I can understand his omission.

Ultimately cases could be made for all 4 players but none were dead set certainties based off their year.

Last edited:
It might seem outrageous that none of Daniher, Andrews or Neale made the AA but I actually see it as a bonus.

All of them will be jumping out of their skins to prove the AA Selectors total arse clowns.

It will be a hoot when we play Melbourne in the GF with both sides having only one AA rep each

I don't watch enough opposition games anymore to have a valid opinion on who shouldn't have made the team but I do think that none of our players had outstanding individual seasons so I can understand only having one make the team.

I personally thought Harris and Charlie were our best chances but didn't think both would make it.

Lachie had a slightly down year on his usual standard imo.

Danniher had his best year for us but going off goals I can see why others made it before him.

Harris was really good and had a better year than last year but I didn't think he was outstanding so again I can understand his omission.

Ultimately cases could be made for all 4 players but none were dead set certainties based off their year.
But his 'slightly down' is comfortably good enough. Maybe because I watch the lions every week, but he is a sensational player, moreso since he's added some goals to his game.

It might seem outrageous that none of Daniher, Andrews or Neale made the AA but I actually see it as a bonus.

All of them will be jumping out of their skins to prove the AA Selectors total arse clowns.

It will be a hoot when we play Melbourne in the GF with both sides having only one AA rep each
Players don’t actually think like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back