All-Australian team (Franklin, Kennedy, Smith, Malceski in)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Edit 2/9/2014: Franklin, Kennedy, Smith, Malceski and Parker named in AA squad)

The squad of 40 named on Tuesday. Which Swans do you think will make it?

Personally I think Franklin, Kennedy, Malceski and Parker are locks for the actual team of 22 itself let alone the expanded squad. I would add McVeigh to those four, and while I think McGlynn deserves a look in but he probably won't be named.

Jack might even though I don't think he deserves it compared to his output in previous years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully none of our players are selected - it boosts their salary potential and provides zero on field benefit.

I think we will have quite a few in. Media loves McVeigh so he will make the 40. I think only one of our key defenders will get in and it will probably be Richards even though I think Grundy has been better this year.

Franklin, Kennedy, Parker, Malceski, McVeigh, McGlynn, Grundy/Richards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Nat got in with a few highlight reels in 2012, scrounge up some highlights from his game Vonn :p:straining:

I think he won a hitout.... No wait that was Good Lukeing.

Benny got injured at the wrong time he must of been borderline close but we already have 5 players in the squad equal most with Hawfs.

6 games missed through injuries is just a tad too many. It's a shame too because if he had played the whole year at the rate he was, he'd have been in the AA squad and almost certainly top 3 in the Skilton.

I'm very happy for Nick Smith. The others were all near enough to guaranteed inclusions but Smith is very, very deserving of a spot after his incredibly consistent last 4-5 years.
Absolutely stoked for Smith. Players of his ilk don't often get all AUS guernseys and thus it is a fantastic achievement. Great player and seems like a good bloke too from my limited meetings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back