All-Australian Team of Last 15 Years

Remove this Banner Ad

While that's true and spoken of around here, how many B&F's in premiership years can you name outside of Hawthorn players and D Fletcher without doing research?

Off the top of my head.

Simon Black x 2, Michael Voss, Chris Judd, Garry Ablett Jnr, Corey Enright x 2, Josh Kennedy. Also if I had to guess the others, Warren Tredrea, Barry Hall and Scott Pendlebury.

Then the Hawks being, Franklin, Gibson & Lewis.

But I don't think that it is that relevant, as you have to be any extremely good player to win a B&F in a premiership year. Some ordinary players have made AA over the journey, yet only champs have won B&F's in premiership years.

After looking it up.

2001 - Voss & Black,
2002 - Black
2003 - Voss
2004 - Tredrea
2005 - Kirk
2006 - Judd
2007 - Ablett
2008 - Franklin
2009 - Ablett & Enright
2010 - Swan
2011 - Enright
2012 - Kennedy
2013 - Gibson
2014 - Lewis

There are some absolute champions among that list.

Edit: Interestingly enough, the only 2 players to not make AA in their B&F year is Brett Kirk & Josh Gibson. Gibson is the only one to not be an AA. Which just proves the point that he absolutely should have an AA to his name, and probably 2. However I am almost certain that if he wasn't injured this year he would have probably made the team, and is still odds on next year.

Last edited:

Off the top of my head.

Simon Black x 2, Michael Voss, Chris Judd, Garry Ablett Jnr, Corey Enright x 2, Josh Kennedy. Also if I had to guess the others, Warren Tredrea, Barry Hall and Scott Pendlebury.

Then the Hawks being, Franklin, Gibson & Lewis.

But I don't think that it is that relevant, as you have to be any extremely good player to win a B&F in a premiership year. Some ordinary players have made AA over the journey, yet only champs have won B&F's in premiership years.

On the money

B:Wanganeen Glass Archer
HB: Mcleod Fletcher Scarlett
C:Judd Voss Koutoufides
HF:Hird Pavlich Buckley
F: Goodes Llyod Richardson

R:Cox RR:Ablett Jnr R:Riccuito

INT From:Franklin,Cousins,Akermanis,Black,Bartel,Pendlebury

So name players to comprise the best AA side of the last 15 years by adding in a bloke who never made an AA side. Sound logic.

Using AA as a yard stick for playing ability:rolleyes:

It's AA thread you plonker.

Over the last 15 year, you can pick any player that has played and there have been quite a few good ones that haven't made the AA. But keep nit picking if that's what makes you sleep night.

After looking it up.

2001 - Voss & Black,
2002 - Black
2003 - Voss
2004 - Tredrea
2005 - Kirk
2006 - Judd
2007 - Ablett
2008 - Franklin
2009 - Ablett & Enright
2010 - Swan
2011 - Enright
2012 - Kennedy
2013 - Gibson
2014 - Lewis

There are some absolute champions among that list.

Edit: Interestingly enough, the only 2 players to not make AA in their B&F year is Brett Kirk & Josh Gibson. Gibson is the only one to not be an AA. Which just proves the point that he absolutely should have an AA to his name, and probably 2. However I am almost certain that if he wasn't injured this year he would have probably made the team, and is still odds on next year.

Gibson & Fyfe not being selected in 2013 was a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what way has Riewoldt been better then Franklin? Riewoldts career is comparable to Pavs, Buddy has been a comfortably better player then both.

perhaps buddy's best has been marginally better than riewoldt's but at this stage riewoldt leads overall due to having 3-4 extra great seasons compared to buddy. within a few years time, i expect buddy to have eclipsed him at the rate he's going. another note, riewoldt is a pure centre half forward as he was named in the original team whereas buddy isn't a traditional CHF, plays more from full forward and then more like a half forward flank at times.

perhaps buddy's best has been marginally better than riewoldt's but at this stage riewoldt leads overall due to having 3-4 extra great seasons compared to buddy. within a few years time, i expect buddy to have eclipsed him at the rate he's going. another note, riewoldt is a pure centre half forward as he was named in the original team whereas buddy isn't a traditional CHF, plays more from full forward and then more like a half forward flank at times.

Franklin has had 8 season of 60 goals + so explain how Riewoldt has had 3-4 extra good ones? 5 x AA 3x Coleman 2x Premiership player by 27

Franklin has had 8 season of 60 goals + so explain how Riewoldt has had 3-4 extra good ones? 5 x AA 3x Coleman 2x Premiership player by 27

firstly he has played 4 extra seasons. and has been a star ever since his 2nd one.

1xMVP, 5xAA, 6BF vs 5xAA, 1xBF.

once again coleman doesn't suit your argument as we are discussing the centre half forward position here.

and also once again i am not putting franklin down in any way, i love watching him as much as anyone. he is still 27 and as i said earlier i believe he is well on track to overtake all the key position forwards discussed in this thread.

firstly he has played 4 extra seasons. and has been a star ever since his 2nd one.

once again coleman doesn't suit your argument as we are discussing the centre half forward position here.

and also once again i am not putting franklin down in any way, i love watching him as much as anyone. he is still 27 and as i said earlier i believe he is well on track to overtake all the key position forwards discussed in this thread.

Career Disposal Average Riewoldt 16.2 Franklin 15.3 so **** *** in it, point is you can pretty much put Franklin anywhere it a forward 6. He can play tall small etc madness not having him in.

Career Disposal Average Riewoldt 16.2 Franklin 15.3 so **** *** in it, point is you can pretty much put Franklin anywhere it a forward 6. He can play tall small etc madness not having him in.

if we have to speak stats, id say a more important indicator for a CHF is marks career average riewoldt 8.65, franklin 5.31. contested marks 2.04 riewoldt, 1.63 franklin. goal assists 0.76 riewoldt, 0.64 franklin so basically riewoldt leads in every single stat except goals which is further highlighting the positional difference of the two players. coming off the stats and going off what we've actually watched, there is no argument from me that franklin COULD easily play CHF too but fact is he hasnt and riewoldt has. id say franklin is more likely to eventually take lloyds spot in this team rather than riewoldts. or even come in as a 3rd tall in place of johnson or aker or voss or hird.

In all honesty hes's better especially if you factor in big games, Nick Riewoldt is a champion but lets be honest has not got it done in big game often enough... The fact the St.Kilda group didn't win a flag 2004-2010 speak volumes IMO
At this point in time I would have Riewolt just in front , at the end of there careers though is a different story as I think franklin will go past him

Can you stop prodding the Hawks fans? You just can't win.
#alwayshawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back