Mega Thread All Australian Watch: 2011 Cont'd...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Davis is AA just yet but S2B is right in regards to last weekend. Davis was very good. Blanketed Garlett when on him and then went forward to provide a spark, and he did.

He has been AA before they like that.
They love stats and his 72/72 kick in ratio from behinds will give them a woody.
And it is a good story -Former AA player dropped from GF team and looking gone going on 30 Y/O amazingly goes up the other end of the field to become AA again. It is a feel good story they can sell.
Leon will get in you can just see it all falling into line.

He has been AA before they like that.
They love stats and his 72/72 kick in ratio from behinds will give them a woody.
And it is a good story -Former AA player dropped from GF team and looking gone going on 30 Y/O amazingly goes up the other end of the field to become AA again. It is a feel good story they can sell.
Leon will get in you can just see it all falling into line.

This stat is absolute rubbish yet Collingwood supporters continue to keep bring it up. LONG KICKS TO A CONTEST ARE NEVER RECORDED AS AN ERROR.

And lol @ feel good story, great reason for someone to get an AA nod.

Leon has been great but don't see him replacing anyone in the side unless they drop away and he keeps playing well.

Updated team 3/4 into the season:

B: Scarlett - McPharlin - Scotland
HB: Deledio - Reid - Fisher
C: Pendlebury - Judd - Wells
HF: Thomas - Cloke - Fyfe
F: Swan - Franklin - Petrie
R: Cox - Ablett (C) - Murphy
INT: Goldstein - Mitchell - Griffen - Thompson

Next in line - O'Keefe, Kelly, Harvey, Swallow, Priddis, etc. Few bad games from others and they would be in.

Swan been pretty good since returning from Arizona. Maybe a bit premature putting him in but will be in most teams within the next few weeks. In the FP because A) He's spent a fair bit of time there this year and is averaging nearly 1.5 goals a game (which is as much as someone like a Harvey). It would make more sense than the other year when he was plonked in the forward line.

B) Don't think the likes of Garlett have done enough to be AA this year. He's been good but not good enough IMO. A good last 1/4 of the season could see him in and team shifted around.

Averaging 25 quality touches a game. More than most HBF'ers. Rarely gets involved in the chip to chip to boost those stats like Enright, Shaw, etc. Been our most consistent player all year along with Cotchin. I don't see how he's "no chance". Keep your Deledio rubbish off this thread. It's tiring.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'd probably have James Kelly edging him, Kelly was probably leading Geelongs B&F at the halfway stage of the season.

Early form can't be dismissed.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'd probably have James Kelly edging him, Kelly was probably leading Geelongs B&F at the halfway stage of the season.

Early form can't be dismissed.

Kelly has been good and is on the fringe of the team but has fallen away lately. Hasn't been as consistent. His end of the season should make or break him.

Averaging 25 quality touches a game. More than most HBF'ers. Rarely gets involved in the chip to chip to boost those stats like Enright, Shaw, etc. Been our most consistent player all year along with Cotchin. I don't see how he's "no chance". Keep your Deledio rubbish off this thread. It's tiring.

His handball ratio is a concern for a HBF.

He does it too much, an elite kicker should be kicking the ball more.

Shannon Hurn, Enright, Scotland, Fisher hell throw a Griffen on a half back flank and they are all more deserving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon in any other year Dal Santo would be a walk up start but this year will probably just make the squad. You just can't deny pendles , daisy , judd and gaj no room for nick. Club honours will make up for it!

I noticed the afl website had Lecras in their team at the moment which I thought was ridiculous until I looked at his stats. His season is actually quite similar to Steve Johnsons in 07. Missed 4/5 games at the start of the year but finished strongly and at this rate Lecras will finish with similar stats to Johnson that year. Good enough for that last FP spot?

B: L Davis Scarlett McPharlin
HB: Scotland Reid Fisher
C: Thomas Boyd Pendlebury
HF: O'Keefe Cloke Fyfe
F: Petrie Buddy LeCras
Fol: Cox Judd Ablett
Int: Murphy Gibson Goldstein Wells

I am sure I have missed other contenders but this was really tough

B. Fisher, McPharlin, Morris
HB. Scotland, Reid, Gibson
C. Thomas, Mitchell, Murphy
HF. Swan, Cloke, Franklin
F. Ablett, Petrie, Fyfe
R. Cox, Judd, Pendlebury

I. Priddis, Wells, Goldstein, Griffen

As of now. I think as much as it amazes me, by seasons end Leon will get in. Glass is pretty stiff, been fantastic.

B: Scarlett McPharlin Davis
HB: Gibson Reid Fisher
C: Thomas Mitchell Murphy
HF: Fyfe Cloke O'Keefe
F: Lecras Franklin Petrie
R: Cox Judd Ablett
INT: Pendlebury Priddis Golstein Wells

Unsure about Lecras (missed games) and O'Keefe.

I was thinking about that the other night. Him and Dal Santo are sneaking up on the midfield group.

Ade: Thompson
Car: Judd, Murphy
Col: Ball, Pendlebury, Thomas, Swan
Geel: Kelly, Corey
GC: Ablett
Haw: Mitchell
Nth: Swallow, Wells
Rich: Cotchin
Stk: Dal Santo
Syd: Bolton, O'Keefe
WC: Priddis
WB: Boyd, Griffen

Top 20 mids for the year? As always I might have forgotten someone.

I noticed the afl website had Lecras in their team at the moment which I thought was ridiculous until I looked at his stats. His season is actually quite similar to Steve Johnsons in 07. Missed 4/5 games at the start of the year but finished strongly and at this rate Lecras will finish with similar stats to Johnson that year. Good enough for that last FP spot?

He's actually had a very good year. Just hasn't been noticed as much because he's not playing deep forward.

I was thinking about that the other night. Him and Dal Santo are sneaking up on the midfield group.

Ade: Thompson
Car: Judd, Murphy
Col: Ball, Pendlebury, Thomas, Swan
Geel: Kelly, Corey
GC: Ablett
Haw: Mitchell
Nth: Swallow, Wells
Rich: Cotchin
Stk: Dal Santo
Syd: Bolton, O'Keefe
WC: Priddis
WB: Boyd, Griffen

Top 20 mids for the year? As always I might have forgotten someone.

Moloney?

People often don't realise this but a 50 metre bomb from full back will almost always be an "effective kick". Yes, Davis has played well and is a good user of the ball, but take those stats with a large grain of salt.

Read this for more info: http://www.tedsport.com.au/uploads/articles/AFLRecordRound162010.pdf

Edit: it would appear that Donakebab got in just before me.

The actual figure is 72 times, and its not just long bombs he is credited with.

Davis has kicked in 72 times this year with a retention of possession of the ball by Collingwood of 100%. It's not a disposal efficiency stat they're referring to. He hasn't hit a bloke on the tit 72 times, but we have retained possession 100% of the times he has kicked in, even if it was a long kick to a contest, it just means we won the contest.

Fisher McPharlin Davis

Gibson Reid Scotland

Pendles Mitchell Murphy

Thomas Cloke Ablett

Fyfe Franklin Petrie

Cox Judd Priddis

Swan Dalsanto Griffin Wells

Very hard to do there are a few players that are stiff

Tarrant could easily go in has not been beaten for about 10 weeks

OKeefe has been great but dropped off same as Steve Johnson

Lecras i feel has not played enough games

Boyd first 10 weeks were as good as anybody but has dropped off the past month would love to put him in but can not find a spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back